ADVERTISEMENT

Bo Nickal vs. Burroughs

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
I brought this up a bit last night. I'm not 100% sure he was serious. I actually think they both decent points. Kind of funny how much JB bashed Bo for being in mma after he spent the last few days with DC. If he has a problem with MMA guys he didn't express it to DCs face.

Reactions: blmr31 and NLB_Six
I brought this up a bit last night. I'm not 100% sure he was serious. I actually think they both decent points. Kind of funny how much JB bashed Bo for being in mma after he spent the last few days with DC. If he has a problem with MMA guys he didn't express it to DCs face.

JB wasn't belittling MMA or MMA fighters. He was pointing out the absurdity of Bo Nickal crying about JB saying he'd attack Starocci's knee, considering Bo Nickal has a job that entails actively trying to intentionally injury your opponent.

And JB is right - why wouldn't you go after Starocci's knee within the bounds of the rules. I couldn't believe how Lewis, Griffith, and Welsh failed to make any sort of attack on that bad knee. Content to lose by a close score it seemed.

Last edited:
Little twitter beef never hurt anyone. You know in a month they say hi to each other like nothing happened.
Yeah I don't think so. These guys are all world competitors. There's obviously animosity either directly between JB and Bo or JB and some of the PSU guys.

And Bo had to insert himself into it like the bitch tit he is.

Just because he gave Bo a sick burn doesn't mean he has a problem with MMA guys.

Yeah I don't think so. These guys are all world competitors. There's obviously animosity either directly between JB and Bo or JB and some of the PSU guys.

And Bo had to insert himself into it like the bitch tit he is.
Which is why the Hawks need to throw bank at JB to get him on staff. He’ll be done competing after the Olympics and ready for a new chapter. He wouldn’t like anything more than to be the guy, the catalyst to bring down psu. And he would have all the resources in the world Along with a shiny new facility. Heck he might even bring back Metcalf when he takes the reins to keep a little inside Hawk influence.

Star wrestled no different than he always has, if anything it bought him leniency to counter wrestle more. I am impressed with his conditioning, so he definitely recovered pretty well since he was injured. Nolf won his ast title on a leg that you could tell hampered him.

Reactions: blmr31
Which is why the Hawks need to throw bank at JB to get him on staff. He’ll be done competing after the Olympics and ready for a new chapter. He wouldn’t like anything more than to be the guy, the catalyst to bring down psu. And he would have all the resources in the world Along with a shiny new facility. Heck he might even bring back Metcalf when he takes the reins to keep a little inside Hawk influence.
I certainly don't object to bringing in someone like JB or Dake, but they can't jump straight to Head Coach. I've been asking for it for years.

I think what Okie St is doing and this being a transitional year for Smith is what needs to happen with Iowa. Give Tom a couple years to teach someone "the game", assuming he's willing to do it, then hand the keys over. Even let TNT stay involved with the HWC if they want.

But if we're looking for a middleweight guy that could make an instant impact we can look at our own HWC.

I'd love it if they took a swing on Jaydin Eierman (if he even has any interest). His intangibles and abilities are exactly what we lack across the lineup. He's fun, loose, and was so damn good in those awkward positions and scrambles.

Everyone wants us to be offensive, but we suck so hard on the D (no pun intended). Eierman had an uncanny ability to turn someone's best shot into TDs and near falls of his own. We could learn a lot from guys like him, plus he's a die hard Hawk AND not a homegrown product.

In all seriousness, wouldn’t you target the healthy leg know he cannot use the injured leg for support or to push off of. Having the healthy leg elevated puts a lot more weight and pressure on the injured leg

Only if you lift the healthy leg up in the air. In a single position on the mat, cutting the corner, it'd be better to attack the injured leg. The guys who took Starocci down at nationals were in on his hurt knee if I'm not mistaken.

Reactions: OldestandGreatest
In all seriousness, wouldn’t you target the healthy leg know he cannot use the injured leg for support or to push off of. Having the healthy leg elevated puts a lot more weight and pressure on the injured leg
That is what I always thought.

1. The only thing JB did wrong was saying things in polite company that aren't generally said in polite company. If an opponent has a potential vulnerability, of course you test it to see if it can be exploited. Not to injure. To win. But you don't really say that in polite company when the vulnerability is an injury.
2. Nickal was wrong to call it out this way, and honestly, the substance of his reply kinda makes me wonder whether he thinks all those guys sound alike to him, as it was Cormier who could not seem to shut up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT