ADVERTISEMENT

Bo Nickal vs. Burroughs

maybe Dana White can find another garage door repairman for Bo to fight after this next BUM. Talk about a huge push by the UFC to get Bo to a title fight ?! ?!... Bo is a lot like Starr when he praised God when the cameras came calling but then talked shit and demeaned and taunted his opponents after he wrestled them... I really never believed either one of them because they never acted the part...just talked the words that Carl pushed.. Brooks has a better message and he is a true class act .

maybe Dana White can find another garage door repairman for Bo to fight after this next BUM. Talk about a huge push by the UFC to get Bo to a title fight ?! ?!... Bo is a lot like Starr when he praised God when the cameras came calling but then talked shit and demeaned and taunted his opponents after he wrestled them... I really never believed either one of them because they never acted the part...just talked the words that Carl pushed.. Brooks has a better message and he is a true class act .
It’s called hype. Basically bullshitting for marketing purposes. Just so you know, Coke does not add life, there was me Swedish bikini team, and almost no game or fight is a game of the century or match for the ages.

Muhammad Ali was harassing opponents over fifty years ago. Howard Stern has been doing his bs for forty. And Dana white can’t be stupid enough to think Ronda Rousey was the world’s greatest athlete back when she was getting dusted by that lady fighter.

Reactions: el dub and mcpat
It’s called hype. Basically bullshitting for marketing purposes. Just so you know, Coke does not add life, there was me Swedish bikini team, and almost no game or fight is a game of the century or match for the ages.

Muhammad Ali was harassing opponents over fifty years ago. Howard Stern has been doing his bs for forty. And Dana white can’t be stupid enough to think Ronda Rousey was the world’s greatest athlete back when she was getting dusted by that lady fighter
Hype for what? He is bullshitting to bullshit. No need to defend him here

Reactions: T8KUDWN

Muhammad Ali was harassing opponents over fifty years ago. Howard Stern has been doing his bs for forty. And Dana white can’t be stupid enough to think Ronda Rousey was the world’s greatest athlete back when she was getting dusted by that lady fighter.
so you are saying Bo was basically Bullshitting about being a true Christian ?? I could care less about the guys talking smack about the matches but don,t act "Holier than Thou" 1 minute and then trash talk an opponent. Brooks is better than Bo and he never resorted to that crap tactic

Spot on with this

Reactions: HawkeyePA
Strike while the iron is Hot, Offer JB a large deal to come to the HWC directly after the olympics. Get him recruiting and part of the Staff. No better way to rattle the kitty cats
It's not a guarantee he even makes our Olympic Team this year.

Reactions: KYHWKY
Give me a break. Bo isn't some Joe Blow and he's with ATT. They're doing exactly what they should with him in bringing him along slowly. End of this year I'd bet he gets a T20 guy if ATT thinks he's ready.

When he's getting fed cans on his true ascent to the tip like Mc or just skipping to the front like Brock, feel free to chime in.

Flo had a good breakdown of this and suggested maybe there's a beef between Burroughs and NLWC...from the NLWC side. That makes sense IMO. Bo's in the wrong

Last edited:
Reactions: KYHWKY
Hype for what? He is bullshitting to bullshit. No need to defend him here
Are you deliberately being obtuse? He is keeping his name out in public since he has a UFC fight coming up in like 10 days. Or do you take everything these guys say at face value? Almost 40 years ago Brian Bosworth sold something like 10,000 Boz sucks t shirts to Seahawks fans prior to the Raiders coming to Seattle. Of course they didn't know he was selling them, but certain folk get hype and keeping their name out there.

This is what they do. Last September he was on the Jocko Wilnick podcast, now I see him endorsing his energy drink. Bo was at his booth at the Arnold Classic in Columbus last month. These guys all comment back and forth, go on each other's podcasts and cross market. It would not surprise me if you told me Burroughs and Nickal planned this. I'm not saying they did , but it wouldn't surprise me.

Are you deliberately being obtuse? He is keeping his name out in public since he has a UFC fight coming up in like 10 days. Or do you take everything these guys say at face value? Almost 40 years ago Brian Bosworth sold something like 10,000 Boz sucks t shirts to Seahawks fans prior to the Raiders coming to Seattle. Of course they didn't know he was selling them, but certain folk get hype and keeping their name out there.

This is what they do. Last September he was on the Jocko Wilnick podcast, now I see him endorsing his energy drink. Bo was at his booth at the Arnold Classic in Columbus last month. These guys all comment back and forth, go on each other's podcasts and cross market. It would not surprise me if you told me Burroughs and Nickal planned this. I'm not saying they did , but it wouldn't surprise me.
So Bo is playing the heel? He's good at that.
The way to fix this is not to watch.

Reactions: Trapper85

You are brainwashed

Reactions: HawkeyePA
So Bo is playing the heel? He's good at that.
The way to fix this is not to watch.
Yep, I’m not renting the UFC match because ESPN plus is such a pain to deal with. For some reason since I have a whole subscription, I have to stop my Hulu subscription on iTunes, let that month run out, then I could attempt to sign up for some bundle package. I’ve been trying to sign up for ESPN plus to start of the NCAA wrestling tournament and I can’t get signed up. What I mean is somehow I can’t get to where I’m finally signed up, I get some dead end page where’s there’s no link.

So I’m probably not renting the UFC fight. Oh well, it sounds like it won’t find out by that evening, who won or lost in the various matches.

So, MMA has become professional wrestling with everyone being a phony & playing to a script??

Admittedly, I watched a couple seasons of The Ultimate Fighter years ago, around the time Paul Bradley was on the show. If MMA has since become WWE/WWF, I’m glad I didn’t give any more time to it. Sounds like it’s as phony as the Nitwit jock-sniffers on this board & the wrestlers they cheer for…

Reactions: grapplefann
So, MMA has become professional wrestling with everyone being a phony & playing to a script??

Admittedly, I watched a couple seasons of The Ultimate Fighter years ago, around the time Paul Bradley was on the show. If MMA has since become WWE/WWF, I’m glad I didn’t give any more time to it. Sounds like it’s as phony as the Nitwit jock-sniffers on this board & the wrestlers they cheer for…
I’d teabag you and your ugly old lady…

I’d teabag you and your ugly old lady…
Ytho GIF

Ali is nothing new, hype was playing a role fifty plus years ago. Go read or Watch Private Parts with Howard Stern. Those who hated him listened longer on a regular basis than those who like him. This is going back maybe 40 or more years.

Now with social media everything is hyped so much more. Look at the Clark vs that LSU lady's basketball player? All the press good , bad, and middle of the road adds up to clicks and engagement which equals dollars. It's been said with social media we are the product, basically our data. You can say with most bi time sporting events, we are also the product, not the game. the Super Bowl is a great example of this.

for most of my life post high school I could have afforded a Super Bowl ticket, not the last 5 years, nor would I want one.

The first year after graduating college it cost $75, adjusted for inflation it would be $203.10. Both affordable. Toss in the airfare and hotel and maybe it would be $2000-3000, my guess. And that's living large. now the ticket is 6 thousand dollars to 27 thousand dollars. Regular people can't go anymore, so where is the value of the fan? It's as data.

Guessing you got confused as to which board you were on or maybe which user you posted under. Happens a lot here…GFY & GTFO.

Yep, I’m not renting the UFC match because ESPN plus is such a pain to deal with. For some reason since I have a whole subscription, I have to stop my Hulu subscription on iTunes, let that month run out, then I could attempt to sign up for some bundle package. I’ve been trying to sign up for ESPN plus to start of the NCAA wrestling tournament and I can’t get signed up. What I mean is somehow I can’t get to where I’m finally signed up, I get some dead end page where’s there’s no link.

So I’m probably not renting the UFC fight. Oh well, it sounds like it won’t find out by that evening, who won or lost in the various matches.
MMA fighting.com has live updates on matches. I really like ESPN+. Not sure why it would be so tough to set up. Download the app and go from there. Click on a live event. It should tell you the steps for signing up with the service. If I can do it, anyone can. Lol

MMA fighting.com has live updates on matches. I really like ESPN+. Not sure why it would be so tough to set up. Download the app and go from there. Click on a live event. It should tell you the steps for signing up with the service. If I can do it, anyone can. Lol
I think there's some issue since I joined Hulu through I Tunes. Every time I've tried to bundle for example, I reach a dead end.

Every time I try to login in after setting my password I get a sorry, you have reached this page in error message. I'll check out your link and twitter, thanks.

Reactions: el dub
I think there's some issue since I joined Hulu through I Tunes. Every time I've tried to bundle for example, I reach a dead end.

Every time I try to login in after setting my password I get a sorry, you have reached this page in error message. I'll check out your link and twitter, thanks.
If you download the app onto an iPad or phone, you can purchase the service as stand alone. It’s maybe more difficult to set up on TV?

Btw, I can watch the women’s basketball tourney on ESPN+ streaming but not ESPN+ on TV. They only let me stream the last game in Spanish. But that still works for me.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
This isn’t promoting or standard trash talk. JB is under their skin over there. Bo and DT just suck at it only because they seem like they laugh at their own jokes. JB absolutely destroyed DT on Twitter to paraphrase a response to DT challenging him to come up to 86kg: “Maybe they should call me the Magic Man; I made you disappear from 74kg.”

Star is a lot like Gilman…has some grit behind the talk.

This isn’t promoting or standard trash talk. JB is under their skin over there. Bo and DT just suck at it only because they seem like they laugh at their own jokes. JB absolutely destroyed DT on Twitter to paraphrase a response to DT challenging him to come up to 86kg: “Maybe they should call me the Magic Man; I made you disappear from 74kg.”

Star is a lot like Gilman…has some grit behind the talk.
Star is way better at than Bo that's for sure. I agree that it is all fake because no chance DT and Bo and can be that bad at trash talk... It reminds me of the Tim Robinson sketch from Characters.

Reactions: DeangeloVickers
If you download the app onto an iPad or phone, you can purchase the service as stand alone. It’s maybe more difficult to set up on TV?

Btw, I can watch the women’s basketball tourney on ESPN+ streaming but not ESPN+ on TV. They only let me stream the last game in Spanish. But that still works for me.
Odd, I'll try my phone again.

Thanks, I had the ESPN app on my phone so I subscribed through that. I have a smart TV so next NCAA wrestling tournament I'll screen mirror if I can't get it on the TV too. I

Reactions: el dub
I don't think it's full on beef with JB. Didn't he say JB would destroy the wrestlers from Dagestan? I'm not the biggest fan, think it's kinda cringe. But, he does defend wrestling all the time. I could be wrong on the JB part. I thought I saw an interview, but my brain is kinda mush theses days.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT