ADVERTISEMENT

Bo Nickal vs. Burroughs

It was mentioned on either FRL or Baschamania about DT signing with Nike and leaving Scraplife - there was a vague reference to something between DT and Nickal but no info

the one im thinking of was the olympic trials episdoe with basch and willie where it came up and basch said he’s not touching that topic. seems to imply there is something there because if there wasn’t it would be a pretty easy to say that.

there have been a few things on twitter too but never any details

If there was any beef, it's just marketing. That's what "they" say anyways
Carl just doesn't work like that. He HATES drama. He does a phenomenal job of managing the culture. I would bet one of the biggest reasons it works is because he doesn't force everyone into frequent team bonding events. You're expected to be a self-motivated professional. The wrestling team is about getting better at and competing in wrestling tournaments. Don't make it any harder than that. And if you truly value being grateful to do it, it doesn't matter what anyone else is doing, or whomever is in the room. Take care of yourself.

But - it's why they were so late on Carter. He's a weird bird. They weren't sure if the juice was worth the squeeze (which is quite clearly was/is).

the one im thinking of was the olympic trials episdoe with basch and willie where it came up and basch said he’s not touching that topic. seems to imply there is something there because if there wasn’t it would be a pretty easy to say that.

there have been a few things on twitter too but never any details
oh wow. i hadn't heard that yet (listening to that podcast on my drives in/leaving work) today.

But it would make a lot of sense. And even with Nickal not competing, it doesn't seem like he and DT work out together.

oh wow. i hadn't heard that yet (listening to that podcast on my drives in/leaving work) today.

But it would make a lot of sense. And even with Nickal not competing, it doesn't seem like he and DT work out together.

yeah hard telling if there’s anything there or just rumors. unfortunately neither guy is doing a press conference about it iowa style

Carl just doesn't work like that. He HATES drama. He does a phenomenal job of managing the culture. I would bet one of the biggest reasons it works is because he doesn't force everyone into frequent team bonding events.
Do you even dodgeball or go to church?

• Haha
Reactions: vhsalum
But - it's why they were so late on Carter. He's a weird bird. They weren't sure if the juice was worth the squeeze (which is quite clearly was/is).
Yada yada something about his shaft growing and popping. Yada yada

• Haha
It was mentioned on either FRL or Baschamania about DT signing with Nike and leaving Scraplife - there was a vague reference to something between DT and Nickal but no info
Not sure if this is it, but when DT tore his ACL, he waited until it was too late for Nickal to drop to 86 kg to announce he wasn't competing. Nickal likely would have won the spot and if he medaled would have gotten to sit out until the finals of the trials.

Nickal stormed off the mat after losing in the trials too.

Carl just doesn't work like that. He HATES drama. He does a phenomenal job of managing the culture. I would bet one of the biggest reasons it works is because he doesn't force everyone into frequent team bonding events. You're expected to be a self-motivated professional. The wrestling team is about getting better at and competing in wrestling tournaments. Don't make it any harder than that. And if you truly value being grateful to do it, it doesn't matter what anyone else is doing, or whomever is in the room. Take care of yourself.

I thought they were required to go to church and attend prayer sessions together.

• Haha
He's actually very humble and kind to fans.
I know he's the enemy, but I have twice witnessed this at 2 different events.
I've seen the same. I still am amazed that people cannot separate hype from reality. Most of this online stuff is no different than advertising.

That aside, it's often how you approach people. Do is in a very relaxed, not in your face way and people can often be very decent. Darius Rucker is supposedly a dick to fans, when I met him in a bar after a show he talked to myself and wife for a bit and bought me two drinks. We went to see them at a state fair and ran into him later.

Once we went to Syracuse to take my daughter out to eat, she had just graduated from PSU and had started a new job. We ran into Cheap Trick at our Hotel's bar and Zander Evans talked to us for maybe 30 minutes. We talked about kids, the business, touring stuff. He was really decent to us. I guarantee if my wife ran into Bo she would pull the nice mom thing and he would be pretty decent to us.

I was watching his podcast once this past year and she mentioned , " That's that wrestler from Penn State, right? Then she asked me, 'who's his friend, he's hot and doesn't have screwed up ears?" I said that's his friend, Tony Cassar, he's married and too young, lololol!

I've seen the same. I still am amazed that people cannot separate hype from reality. Most of this online stuff is no different than advertising.

That aside, it's often how you approach people. Do is in a very relaxed, not in your face way and people can often be very decent. Darius Rucker is supposedly a dick to fans, when I met him in a bar after a show he talked to myself and wife for a bit and bought me two drinks. We went to see them at a state fair and ran into him later.

Once we went to Syracuse to take my daughter out to eat, she had just graduated from PSU and had started a new job. We ran into Cheap Trick at our Hotel's bar and Zander Evans talked to us for maybe 30 minutes. We talked about kids, the business, touring stuff. He was really decent to us. I guarantee if my wife ran into Bo she would pull the nice mom thing and he would be pretty decent to us.

I was watching his podcast once this past year and she mentioned , " That's that wrestler from Penn State, right? Then she asked me, 'who's his friend, he's hot and doesn't have screwed up ears?" I said that's his friend, Tony Cassar, he's married and too young, lololol!
Pics.

Our wedding day in 2006 lol.
Episode 1 Slow Clap GIF by One Chicago

If anyone would like to confront Bo here is his gym location. It's shares a parking lot with DT's M2 club. It's just 10 miles from the Bryce Jordan Center. Have fun.

Is Bo going to start beating up fans who make fun of him now? Hopefully, he's not as dimwitted as you lol.

Now we are older of course, but she's a great woman. I got lucky not due to looks, but her ability to handle stuff. She's a good mom to my twins, her daughter , and now a granddaughter.
TWINS?

Man, that's so much work. Kudos to you and the wife. And yeah, picking the right one is everything. My wife (no pics) handles me, the kids and my wrestling obsession. Not sure how she does it.

TWINS?

Man, that's so much work. Kudos to you and the wife. And yeah, picking the right one is everything. My wife (no pics) handles me, the kids and my wrestling obsession. Not sure how she does it.
We were both divorced and she was a great step mom to my twins. My step daughter considers me dad. I've been there for her for a long time now. My wide's ex is not a decent person. It was a high school thing. Our kids are now 29, twins and 31 step daughter. Our granddaughter will be 1 year in a month.

A response like this shows you're not very bright.
Plenty of psu wrestlers have dominated Hawkeyes and don't get much of any hate from our fan base. Zain, Nick Lee, Brooks, Nolf just to name a few, there's been plenty more.
It's the person not the results that always end up rubbing people the wrong way in the long run.

A response like this shows you're not very bright.
Plenty of psu wrestlers have dominated Hawkeyes and don't get much of any hate from our fan base. Zain, Nick Lee, Brooks, Nolf just to name a few, there's been plenty more.
It's the person not the results that always end up rubbing people the wrong way in the long run.
Bo is maybe the most business savvy and earner out of all of them . Hype sells, negative reactions still make you money and drives social media traffic .

Reactions: blmr31
TWINS?

I consider selecting your spouse to be the MOST important decision you'll ever make. I made a great choice...my wife, well maybe could have done better. 🤷‍♂️:oops:

Last edited:
Humble my ass. Listen to his podcasts
I'm talking about his interactions with fans, not him talking about competition and other competitors. That's a whole other arena.
I've met him twice and watched him sign, speak and take pics with every fan that wanted anything. Yes, he was humble and gracious in his dealings with fans.

I consider selecting your spouse to be the MOST important decision you'll ever make. I made a great choice...my wife, well maybe could have done better. 🤷‍♂️:oops:
First time we both made poor choices, this time we chose wisely. It wasn't easy due to baggage but we grew through those early days into a solid couple. I could bore you with our story, but I think it's a good one. She was the bad girl growing up, and that's how she met her ex. I was the goody two shoes who learned to be street savvy.

Her dad was my friend, a Methodist minister who lived next door to me. She moved home after leaving her ex ( he was violent etc) and moved in next door. I was going through a divorce and her dad spent countless hours both counseling me and just being a great friend and neighbor. She was 23, I was 34 and she was hot( still beautiful 27 years later). But in the day she was a combo of video vixen and girl next door.

She serious resembled the one gal in the video Girl's School by Britny Fox, back around the release time. At least in her last few years of her teens to the early 20s, and yes she was that kind of gal. She worked damn hard as a single mom to get herself on her feet with help from her dad and on her own. We dated briefly in 1997 and on and off because she had to move away for opportunities. We kept in touch and stayed friends and eventually we knew it was time to get serious. She was living in Arizona at the time but decided to move home after a year. We knew it was serious at this point so I bought her a nice engagement rind and was going to propose on the 4th anniversary of our first date, 9/11/2001.

I was going to do something low key and propose at the same restaurant we went on our first date, a nice Italian place. I was so smiths, or as I say I have no game, I have no game and casually asked her if she liked Italian food and when she said yes, I asked her if she'd like to grab some the next day. Obviously my proposal was all ruined with the events of that day so I stressed for a few weeks before asking her. We were going to Hawaii on vacation at the end of September and I was wondering if planes would be flying by then. With all the security I didn't want to hand carry the ring or pack it, so I made an awkward proposal in my kitchen. I showed her the ring and she was shocked and said holy F word, lol.

Technically she never said yes, but did show up for the wedding, so she's stuck with me. She's a great woman and if you're lucky enough to find one, make sure they know they're appreciated.

Reactions: Agoodnap
The crazy thing about the UFC hyping up Bo Nickal is I don't see the potential. He is just too slow. and brundage, while getting submitted in the 2nd round, made Bo look a little vulnerable and threw him like a toy to the cage at one point.

Phil Davis had more mma upside than Bo because Phil Davis was athletic as hell, for example.
Johny Hendricks had huge punching power and OK state PEDs in his veins
Logan Storely has a crazy gas tank

Bo also needs to stfu about him being a favorite vs Khamzat Chimaev. I know he's a pro that needs to market himself, but be real Bo, don't be a fraud.

Bo also needs to stfu about him being a favorite vs Khamzat Chimaev. I know he's a pro that needs to market himself, but be real Bo, don't be a fraud.
Yeah he should just say he’ll try his best and hope he wins cuz that will create some buzz and excitement 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: el dub
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT