ADVERTISEMENT

Boeheim to Retire : Syracuse Job

DrVenkman

HR Legend
Sep 1, 2005
Jim Boeheim announces today that he will retire in 3 years. The AD is leaving as well. It is a ways off and I would assume that the time-line Boeheim is suggesting will be fluid. Is this a job that Fran would consider looking at? I have no idea if Syracuse would consider him, but Fran spent five years in upstate NY. One could argue this could be a great job post the sanctions from the ever-wise and consistent NCAA.

I would think that Syracuse will have very high expectations about their next coach obviously but Fran has solid contacts out here in NY. Im wondering if people close to Fran know if he has a strong urge to return to NY or if that ship has sailed.?

How about any recruits we were competing with Syracuse for? Can't say I've heard of a retirement announced this far out.

The coach-in-waiting almost certainly means that one of Boeheim's assistants (or he will hire an assistant) will take over after he leaves. It's the only way to transition where a coach has said he would retire in 3 years. Because Fran or some other current coach can't agree to take the job in three years. And the program can't recruit unless they announce who the next coach is without a huge leap of faith by players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT