ADVERTISEMENT

Bold Prediction: Scott Frost Fired By Year Six

The narrative changes if he wins this year, correct?
A) it's not going to happen, he's not going to compete for a division championship let alone a national.

B) it's year four of the Harbaugh experiment, not year two or three

Right now he seems like a great hire. A fanatic fan base has the coach they want. If he can recruit, salad days are ahead.

Good thing Iowa is undefeated this season and Nebraska is winless. Otherwise HCKF would already be on the hotseat.

To be honest, that really is one of the differences in the two fanbases. Nebraska fans gravitate towards the negative values of accomplishments while Iowa fans see things more from a positive standpoint.

I really like this analogy.

Right now he seems like a great hire. A fanatic fan base has the coach they want. If he can recruit, salad days are ahead.

NEBRASKA SALAD
Printed from COOKS.COMhttps://cooks.com/dy2x73rj

1 can peach pie filing
1 cantaloupe, pieces
Grapes
Bananas
Marshmallows

Mix all together.

A few thoughts on this. I think that if it's possible to get Nebraska back to elite status on the national level, Frost is the guy to do it. I also believe that after firing 4 coaches in a row with varying degrees of success on the field, fans and the university are likely to give Frost more time to right the ship than the other coaches were given. The fact that he's a native son and was QB of the last national championship team gives him more political capital than any of the last 3 coaches had.

I don't live in Nebraska so i admittedly don't know too much of expectations from local fans - some people's expectations may be unrealistic, as the OP suggests. I do listen to 1620 The Zone podcasts a few times per week, and most of what i hear indicates that Husker fans think this will be a 6 or 7 win season, but 2019 should be much improved

Following the next two years, i think Husker fans hope we're where Wisconsin is now in the West, and if not winning it every year, maybe winning it once every 2 or 3 years.

I don't think that is unreasonable as Nebraska tends to recruit as well or better than any team in the West, but as Hawk fans know, Nebraska has been bad at developing that talent in recent years. So if this staff can develop talent while maintaining that recruiting edge on a consistent basis, Nebraska should be one of the top teams in the division most years.

All that said, expectations will ramp up or down quickly for Frost and staff depending on how this year goes. If they go out and win 10 games this year and are competitive in the losses, the expectations going forward will be much different than if they win 6 games and get blown out 3 or 4 times.

I'm more optimistic about Husker football than I've been in many years, but it's still tough to imagine the team getting more than 6 or 7 wins this season when they were so bad last year. Looking forward to the season starting!

A few thoughts on this. I think that if it's possible to get Nebraska back to elite status on the national level, Frost is the guy to do it. I also believe that after firing 4 coaches in a row with varying degrees of success on the field, fans and the university are likely to give Frost more time to right the ship than the other coaches were given. The fact that he's a native son and was QB of the last national championship team gives him more political capital than any of the last 3 coaches had.

I don't live in Nebraska so i admittedly don't know too much of expectations from local fans - some people's expectations may be unrealistic, as the OP suggests. I do listen to 1620 The Zone podcasts a few times per week, and most of what i hear indicates that Husker fans think this will be a 6 or 7 win season, but 2019 should be much improved

Following the next two years, i think Husker fans hope we're where Wisconsin is now in the West, and if not winning it every year, maybe winning it once every 2 or 3 years.

I don't think that is unreasonable as Nebraska tends to recruit as well or better than any team in the West, but as Hawk fans know, Nebraska has been bad at developing that talent in recent years. So if this staff can develop talent while maintaining that recruiting edge on a consistent basis, Nebraska should be one of the top teams in the division most years.

All that said, expectations will ramp up or down quickly for Frost and staff depending on how this year goes. If they go out and win 10 games this year and are competitive in the losses, the expectations going forward will be much different than if they win 6 games and get blown out 3 or 4 times.

I'm more optimistic about Husker football than I've been in many years, but it's still tough to imagine the team getting more than 6 or 7 wins this season when they were so bad last year. Looking forward to the season starting!
I advise you to go with the 10 win first season and are competitive in the two losses. That seems like the wise decision. Then in year two you surpass OSU, Wisky, PSU, MSU, Michigan. This appears to be a reasonable expectation if I were a Nebraska fan. American Athletic, MAC, SEC, B1G. They are all the Same.

A) it's not going to happen, he's not going to compete for a division championship let alone a national.

B) it's year four of the Harbaugh experiment, not year two or three
A) I’m aware it’s the fourth year I as I stated he had two 10 win seasons and a 7 win season.l in Michigan.
B) I never stated he’ll win a NC. I stated conference.
C) it’s very likely it’ll be between Michigan and Ohio st in the east.
D) I think your bitterness is making you emotional and irrational.

Reactions: wadeo24
I advise you to go with the 10 win first season and are competitive in the two losses. That seems like the wise decision. Then in year two you surpass OSU, Wisky, PSU, MSU, Michigan. This appears to be a reasonable expectation if I were a Nebraska fan. American Athletic, MAC, SEC, B1G. They are all the Same.

What does this even mean? I said expectations for 2019 and beyond will be much different if Nebraska wins 10 games in 2018 versus if they win 6 or 7 in 2018. Not sure what that has to do with other conferences.

Dunno if Frost can work out for them.
One thing I'm sure of, though, is that Nebraska will become Minnesota if he fails.
The optimism their fans displayed over his hire is amazing. If he fails, don't know how they could ever recover from that.
They’ll still ‘sell out’ every home game no matter how bad they are. What is there to do in Lincoln?

Dunno if Frost can work out for them.
One thing I'm sure of, though, is that Nebraska will become Minnesota if he fails.
The optimism their fans displayed over his hire is amazing. If he fails, don't know how they could ever recover from that.

I have heard it from reliable Nebraska sources that Saban intends to wrap up his career at UN, although he may have second thoughts if he has to follow Frost's act. Some big shoes to fill...

A) I’m aware it’s the fourth year I as I stated he had two 10 win seasons and a 7 win season.l in Michigan.
B) I never stated he’ll win a NC. I stated conference.
C) it’s very likely it’ll be between Michigan and Ohio st in the east.
D) I think your bitterness is making you emotional and irrational.

Kirk Ferentz could stay in bed the entire season and win 10 games every year at Michigan. With the advantages that program has, almost any competent coach could.

How do you say Harbaugh’s prediction isn’t a reality when he’s he coaching career isn’t over at Mich? The narrative changes if he wins this year, correct? Kind of like James Franklin before he won the BIG. Which is very likely. Winning the BIG in your 4th year is huge accomplishment. Him has had two 10’wins seasons and one 7 win season. If scott has a 10 win season this year he would coach of the year again. Harbaugh gets a lot hype but he’s damn good coach and I’m willing bet they win the BIG this year. I agree his success gets overshadowed by high the expectations.

Also, why do you have to compare Scott with Harbaugh? Why wouldn’t you compare him to Lincoln Riley or Tom Herman? The truth is no one knows and we’ll all have to see how it plays out!!

I compare him to Harbaugh because my friend was referencing a B1G podcast, and I answered with the "insert 2015 podcast with name change". Basically, a new coach at UM, Nebraska, O$U or PSU will get that kind of love, excepting Mike Riley, which was a hire that NObody understood.

No such podcasts predicted it for Chris Ash, DJ Durkin or Jeff Brohm. My guess is when Chryst was hired it was about whether or not he could beat the B1G East winner and/or how soon it might happen.

They’ll still ‘sell out’ every home game no matter how bad they are. What is there to do in Lincoln?
You can't 60K in your stands, and it's Iowa. Iowa City is a decent town, but don't act like Iowa isn't basically Nebraska. Corn, cows, pigs, drinking, and outdoor activities.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT