ADVERTISEMENT

Bout tired of the rain

luvmyhawks

HR Legend
Mar 22, 2005
It has been crazy this year in Denver. 6-7 weeks now of pretty consistent rain. A few nice days here and there but they have been few and far between. First week of summer for the kids and they have been pretty cooped up in the house. Next 8 day forecast is 50-60% chance of rain with little sunshine in there. Starts to mess with my mental state of mind. I need sunshine and to be outdoors.

positive side of it is it is green as **** out there. Reservoirs are filling up. Went fishing the other day at bear creek reservoir and I was casting out to where we normally sit. Pretty wild. And we have gotten to play some board games and watching movies, but I am tired of that stuff.

It has been crazy this year in Denver. 6-7 weeks now of pretty consistent rain. A few nice days here and there but they have been few and far between. First week of summer for the kids and they have been pretty cooped up in the house. Next 8 day forecast is 50-60% chance of rain with little sunshine in there. Starts to mess with my mental state of mind. I need sunshine and to be outdoors.

positive side of it is it is green as **** out there. Reservoirs are filling up. Went fishing the other day at bear creek reservoir and I was casting out to where we normally sit. Pretty wild. And we have gotten to play some board games and watching movies, but I am tired of that stuff.

CSB

Send some here. My yard is already scorched and it's the first week of June.

‘Which is kind of crazy. Usually you guys get our same weather patterns.

I did slay it fishing in the rain the other day.

Reactions: DooBi

We’ve been in a wet pattern worse than op’s mom for two months in wpb area.

• Haha
Reactions: luvmyhawks

Gonna be a fun fire season out here....

Fire likes all the dead growth that will be left once the rains stop and the hot summer sets in.
Which will be well above average amounts of stuff, due to the 2 months of unusual rain patterns, with about 2x normal precipitation in May already.

UNLEASH THE GOATS!

Reactions: Colonoscopy

I have lived out here for a little over 15 years, and I can not remember Chatfield reservoir ever being as full as it is now.

🌈

Gonna be a fun fire season out here....
debbie downer GIF

Reactions: millah_22
UNLEASH THE GOATS!

They dropped a bunch of these effers off in a forested area by a lake I like to walk around in Des Moines. Confused the hell out of me first time I saw them. Are the goat people milking and kabobbing these goats on the back end or do they just have them graze and chill and then move on to the next town?

Reactions: Moral
Fire likes all the dead growth that will be left once the rains stop and the hot summer sets in.
Which will be well above average amounts of stuff, due to the 2 months of unusual rain patterns, with about 2x normal precipitation in May already.
Why does rain create more dead growth?

• Wow
Reactions: blhawk
I have lived out here for a little over 15 years, and I can not remember Chatfield reservoir ever being as full as it is now.

Was wondering about chatfield. Almost went down there a couple days ago but sticking close to home in case it rains. Hit bear creek for an hour, got dumped on, went back after it rained and caught 6 fish in about an hour and a half.

Reactions: hawkfan0319
It creates more growth, which will eventually die.

Joe would like no growth.
Just average spring growth is fine.

This is going to be some of the largest pile of tinder we've seen out here in a long long while by the time Fall hits. Coyotes and mountain lions would love it if someone brought out some herds of goats for them to much on this summer.

Debris off the trees from all the rain.
And all the grasses/weeds that pop up.

We've already had large areas of native growth requiring mowing once, and will probably need to get hit again before the end of summer. I won't need to turn on my sprinklers until almost July here. And that's with even putting down some new seed to cover up the dog damage. Had to hand water those areas maybe 2 or 3 times in the past 2+ weeks.

Just average spring growth is fine.

This is going to be some of the largest pile of tinder we've seen out here in a long long while by the time Fall hits. Coyotes and mountain lions would love it if someone brought out some herds of goats for them to much on this summer.

Oh, so Joe expects "Goldilocks" growth.

Just stop. There's nothing "bad" about the west getting all this rain.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT