ADVERTISEMENT

bowl games - Dec 23rd - mostly watching offenses

uihawk82

HR All-American
Nov 17, 2021
Troy hasnt scored but they have a very good RB Vidal, some good receivers and a decent qb and OLine. Duke seems to stall out troy after a few first downs. Duke somewhat the same but not as good a run game but Duke seems a better passing team

annoncers say troy hit with flu bug, troy rb vidal is nations leading rusher and he looks big strong with moves

Last edited:
You forget that other team's DB's don't play DB like Iowa DB's do. Wow that was a terrible wrap and tackle on that TD reception.

But then Arkansas St. ran a two point conversion play that basically had no chance of working so I guess it worked out in the end.

Ark State offsides on the kick off reminds me of Outback Bowl call against Iowa, amongst many other that day…..

leonardo-dicaprio-rick-dalton.gif

Oh nooossss, Arkansas State just got Outback Bowl'd on that onside kick.

Called them for a VERY questionable offsides similar to Chad Greenway in the Outback Bowl against Florida
I was just going to post this! Yeah, I think it was a bad call. I mean, I'm glad NIU is going to win this but come on. This is a meaningless bowl game on Dec. 23. I'm not saying to call the game poorly but on close calls give the benefit of the doubt to the side that would make the game more exciting.

Lol that coach whipping his headset off telling his player to get back on the sideline needs to be a gif.

Had that dad getting his belt, "boy don't make me whoop your ass" energy.

Lol

I was just going to post this! Yeah, I think it was a bad call. I mean, I'm glad NIU is going to win this but come on. This is a meaningless bowl game on Dec. 23. I'm not saying to call the game poorly but on close calls give the benefit of the doubt to the side that would make the game more exciting.
Coaches need to get a challenge on terrible calls like that. Butch Jones was losing his shiat. I don’t remember KF like that after the terrible calls in the Outback Bowl but we get our jabs in on the officials due to staying at our hotel after that bowl game in Tampa. We made so much fun of those guys. LoL.

Lol that coach whipping his headset off telling his player to get back on the sideline needs to be a gif.

Had that dad getting his belt, "boy don't make me whoop your ass" energy.

Lol
Made no sense. All his players were like wtf and went to shake the Ark State players hands after the game. Terrible example of trying to not let his players interact with the other team after the game.

Made no sense. All his players were like wtf and went to shake the Ark State players hands after the game. Terrible example of trying to not let his players interact with the other team after the game.
I was talking about when there was about 14 seconds left, but yeah I don't get what he was freaking out about, unless there was something during the game that rubbed him the wrong way (i.e. Fran having his guys walk off the court and not shake the other team's hands)

Reactions: OutbackBowl2017
I was talking about when there was about 14 seconds left, but yeah I don't get what he was freaking out about, unless there was something during the game that rubbed him the wrong way (i.e. Fran having his guys walk off the court and not shake the other team's hands)
I didn’t see anything unless worried Ark State would be upset over the offsides call and want to fight NIU about it.

Georgia St absolutely destroying Utah St right now. 31 points and 400 yards of offense IN THE FIRST HALF. For those still wondering why Brian won't be returning, Iowa managed 284 yards and 24 points against this same vaunted USU defense.

Why are you watching and then commenting on a meaningless bowl game?

It’s gonna be really funny to see the looks on their faces the first time one of these incoming West Coast B1G teams loses to Northwestern.
Yeah, NW ahead 7-0 at halftime. You can never tell how many of these teams are missing a bunch of starters but Utah should win this game by 10-14 pts.

And Utah I dont think is going to the Big 10 but some other conference

• Haha
Reactions: Hawktagonapus
Yeah, NW ahead 7-0 at halftime. You can never tell how many of these teams are missing a bunch of starters but Utah should win this game by 10-14 pts.

Andy Ludwig is the Utah OC and in the running for the Iowa OC job.
Shutout so far.

B12. They will do just fine in that non playing defensive league.

Yeah, the Utes are headed to the Big 12. But they were right there at the top of the PAC 12.

I also recognize that bowl games can be largely meaningless. My comment wasn’t necessarily about this specific game, per se. It just made me think about how when Nebber joined the conference they considered programs like NW, Illinois, Purdue beneath them and that they would never lose to them. I suspect the West Coast teams have a similar mentality, and while I expect overall they will be more successful than not against those programs, they WILL lose to them. And they will be in complete disbelief when they do.

Reactions: cmhawks99

Yeah hard to believe the 2nd best team in the horrible BIG W, held the 4th/5th best team (once top 10) in the powerful PAC to 211 yds, 13 1st downs and 7 points…

Ho hum….what are you going to do. I guess that’s why they play the game 🤷‍♂️

Yeah hard to believe the 2nd best team in the horrible BIG W, held the 4th/5th best team (once top 10) in the powerful PAC to 211 yds, 13 1st downs and 7 points…

Ho hum….what are you going to do. I guess that’s why they play the game 🤷‍♂️
Was Utah missing a lot of players? It's tough to give a whole lot of credibility to these games with the teams so often being so different from the one that played during the regular season. However, it is nice to see Northwestern pull that game out with a gritty defensive performance. Just like a Big 10 West team should.

Yeah, the Utes are headed to the Big 12. But they were right there at the top of the PAC 12.

I also recognize that bowl games can be largely meaningless. My comment wasn’t necessarily about this specific game, per se. It just made me think about how when Nebber joined the conference they considered programs like NW, Illinois, Purdue beneath them and that they would never lose to them. I suspect the West Coast teams have a similar mentality, and while I expect overall they will be more successful than not against those programs, they WILL lose to them. And they will be in complete disbelief when they do.

It goes back past that….PSU thought they’d win BIG in the Big 10, then Maryland and Rutgers thought they’d be competitive and then Nebbie.

That’s why I spend no time sweating new schedules. The SEC is better, yes, but the Big 10 is a special grind in its own right.

They won’t dominate unless they play D…

Arguably the 6 best teams in the Big over the last 20 years….tOSU, UM, PSU, MSU, Wiscy and Iowa have all played punch you in the face defense and very physical football!

Reactions: uihawk82
Was Utah missing a lot of players? It's tough to give a whole lot of credibility to these games with the teams so often being so different from the one that played during the regular season. However, it is nice to see Northwestern pull that game out with a gritty defensive performance. Just like a Big 10 West team should.

Meh…don’t know, didn’t remember hearing lots of buzz about them losing lots of players. But you play who you have

They appeared to have their top QB and Rbers 🤷‍♂️

And besides, let’s remember the big 10 W. isn’t any better than the CIML so it shouldn’t havemattered.

Georgia St absolutely destroying Utah St right now. 31 points and 400 yards of offense IN THE FIRST HALF. For those still wondering why Brian won't be returning, Iowa managed 284 yards and 24 points against this same vaunted USU defense.
Isn't Petras going to Utah State to upgrade their offense?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT