ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Situation

NCHawkeye24

HR MVP
Apr 19, 2021
If everything holds serve with Iowa winning the West, even at 11-1, and the big 3 in the East only beat each other, and then the East team wins the B1G championship game, Iowa's bowl game is unsettling.

Normally Iowa would go to the Citrus, but, that is off the table because we were there in 2021. The Outback (now Reliaquest) will more than likely go to an ACC team because of a B1G team in the Orange. We can't go to the Music City because we were there last year. That would probably drop us all the way to the Vegas Bowl. Sad for an 11-2 B1G team. But it also screws up a lot of stuff outside of Iowa because there then a 5 win team will probably have to play in the Music City and Wisconsin, even though we beat them at their place and have a worse record, would go to the Citrus.

If we are wanting to go to a top tier bowl game, we have to hope that one of the big 3 loses to both of the other two either really badly or drops another game. While those 3 are clearly the class of the conference, I would think the B1G would be motivated to slot the teams more accurately. Because we lost the head to head with PSU, we dont want it to be them. Because OSU has a win over a decent Notre Dame team we would want OSU and PSU to both beat Michigan badly because in that scenario Michigan wouldn't have played anyone. The next would be both Michigan and PSU to beat OSU badly.

It basically looks like we win out and go to the CFP, lose in a nail biter in the B1G (like play Michigan closer than either OSU or PSU) and maybe have a chance at a NY6 or Vegas.

If everything holds serve with Iowa winning the West, even at 11-1, and the big 3 in the East only beat each other, and then the East team wins the B1G championship game, Iowa's bowl game is unsettling.

Normally Iowa would go to the Citrus, but, that is off the table because we were there in 2021. The Outback (now Reliaquest) will more than likely go to an ACC team because of a B1G team in the Orange. We can't go to the Music City because we were there last year. That would probably drop us all the way to the Vegas Bowl. Sad for an 11-2 B1G team. But it also screws up a lot of stuff outside of Iowa because there then a 5 win team will probably have to play in the Music City and Wisconsin, even though we beat them at their place and have a worse record, would go to the Citrus.

If we are wanting to go to a top tier bowl game, we have to hope that one of the big 3 loses to both of the other two either really badly or drops another game. While those 3 are clearly the class of the conference, I would think the B1G would be motivated to slot the teams more accurately. Because we lost the head to head with PSU, we dont want it to be them. Because OSU has a win over a decent Notre Dame team we would want OSU and PSU to both beat Michigan badly because in that scenario Michigan wouldn't have played anyone. The next would be both Michigan and PSU to beat OSU badly.

It basically looks like we win out and go to the CFP, lose in a nail biter in the B1G (like play Michigan closer than either OSU or PSU) and maybe have a chance at a NY6 or Vegas.
Dude
It’s october

Don’t worry this team will find a way to drop one they should win and this discussion will be moot.
Seen this movie too many times to fool me into getting excited. They do it to me every year

JFC...have you watched a minute of the games this year when Iowa has had the ball? To be sitting here stewing about, "Oh my, what happens when we're 11-1" on 10/15 with 5 games to go with this offense, is beyond moronic. Let's just first "outscore" MN some how some way this Saturday, K, Pumpkin?!

JFC...have you watched a minute of the games this year when Iowa has had the ball? To be sitting here stewing about, "Oh my, what happens when we're 11-1" on 10/15 with 5 games to go with this offense, is beyond moronic. Let's just first "outscore" MN some how some way this Saturday, K, Pumpkin?!
Mehhh, Christmas decorations are already out in stores. 😆
OP got this from either CBS sports or ESPN, can't remember which I saw it on.

Reactions: LarryMullenJr.
Always Sunny Reaction GIF

• Haha
Reactions: QChawks
Relax everyone, damn! It's just information regarding the B1G's no repeat rule, do with it as you wish. I am in no way predicting what will happen.

It is like you all want so badly to be negative you are waiting to pounce on anything you can.
Ok.

He's not wrong albeit he stole it from CBS.

I don't disagree, but you're a ****ing asshole

A. Fwiw, I think the Las Vegas Bowl is an up and coming bowl game, especially with it being at the Raiders new stadium. They're kind of hoping for a "Mountain West Rose Bowl" type of contest.

B. Pretty sure I saw a few projections this year having us play either USC or Colorado in the Las Vegas Bowl, so that would be par for the course

C. This offense sucked before all our injuries and people wanna talk about CFP, NY6 and high profile bowl games against real modern football offenses...................let's wait and see where we're at in 5 weeks, if we don't manage to have the rest of our offensive personnel collapse into the Sea of Injury, and we drop a couple of games against our remaining garbage opponents because we can't even field 11 players for an offense.........

Relax everyone, damn! It's just information regarding the B1G's no repeat rule, do with it as you wish. I am in no way predicting what will happen.

It is like you all want so badly to be negative you are waiting to pounce on anything you can.
This x 10

Dude
It’s october
No kidding, wow, the OP expended a lot of mental energy on that and I could only read about 4 lines to the point of the hawks being 11-2 and going to the vegas bowl. Although is the vegas bowl played in that new stadium?? And hawk fans would go in droves

Reactions: artradley
He

He's mostly right. Must have read CBS Sports bowl projections. We can't go to Citrus or Music City. We'll end up in Vegas. Even if we put 2 in playoffs the third team from east will get the better bowl.
Where is it written Hawks can't go to Citrus or Music City?
Gophers went to Music City 3x in 4 years. Citrus was two years ago.

Reactions: hawkedoff
Where is it written Hawks can't go to Citrus or Music City?
Gophers went to Music City 3x in 4 years. Citrus was two years ago.
Citrus would take us in a heartbeat. Not sure why people think we couldn't go back there. The no repeat rule wouldn't even be in effect as we weren't there last year.

We will lose another regular season game this year but so will Wisconsin. They play Ohio state. Unless the wheels truly fall off we will be in the citrus bowl. Considering our injuries we absolutely could lose enough games where we play in Vegas but it won't be because the citrus would pass over us

Reactions: NI hawk

I wouldn't worry. You still have girls wrestling, and girls bouncyball to look forward to.

When you barely score on offense, this team is 1 bad offensive turnover from a loss in every game they play. Deacon came close a couple of times yesterday fumbling a snap and throwing right at a dlineman's chest. I really don't think you have to worry about us winning out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT