ADVERTISEMENT

Brace for disgusting and despicable pardons on horizon

Quickest way for a conviction in the Senate.
You really think? Why wouldn't it just be Trump saying "for the sake of unity and moving ahed......." and then count on Cruz and Hawley to provide cover fire again as the face of garbage so 36 GOP senators don't have to vote to convict trump? Who's going to apply pressure to the senate that wasn't there?

You really think? Why wouldn't it just be Trump saying "for the sake of unity and moving ahed......." and then count on Cruz and Hawley to provide cover fire again as the face of garbage so 36 GOP senators don't have to vote to convict trump? Who's going to apply pressure to the senate that wasn't there?
The staffers and corporate America. It will go from 6 months to a several year ban on giving. The staffers will say fudge u old coots were out. Besides he won't pardon peasants. Some higher up chuds more likely. Even then they best be ready for a mountain of civil suits coming their way.

The staffers and corporate America. It will go from 6 months to a several year ban on giving. The staffers will say fudge u old coots were out. Besides he won't pardon peasants. Some higher up chuds more likely. Even then they best be ready for a mountain of civil suits coming their way.
I need to stop letting the terrorists win in my head.

This presidential pardon crap is out of hand. Although Trump is not the first or the only one to do it, he may be setting new lows. We need to throttle this as citizens, there needs to be some sort of overview process.
Easily setting new lows. ****ing mob boss.

Reactions: Torg
He won't go out on the limb for those people. It will be close loyalists or wealthy. People that can return favors.
That will be funny...Trump leaves the little people he hates, who love him, out to dry. I wonder what they'll think of that while they are sitting in jail.

Reactions: lucas80 and Torg
I feel like there must be something that can block/overturn pardons of co-conspirators to the president in a conspiracy to overthrow the government.
Let’s face it, if the founding fathers were to predict a failed business man, C list celebrity who is out of his mind, were to become President some day and were to put in protections for that, they would have sounded crazier than OiT. But yes something should be done about the pardoning system IMO.

Reactions: Torg and ping72
I will immediately be contacting both Republican senators if he pardons these wackos.
Contact them now about the upcoming Senate trial. I'm not sure how often I should do it so I've only done so once since 1/8. Should probably do it again now that he's been impeached.

edit: this makes it easy. you're giving your info to a nonprofit. I guess I contacted them once from their senate.gov pages and once from here:

This presidential pardon crap is out of hand. Although Trump is not the first or the only one to do it, he may be setting new lows. We need to throttle this as citizens, there needs to be some sort of overview process.
There is a process, and Trump has ignored it. There is an office at the DoJ that handles pardons. They weren’t complicit enough, so Trump bypassed them. But, yes, we need to look at some controls.

Reactions: sober_teacher
This, and there will be plenty of republicans willing to say we need to calm things down, and pardons are a way to do it. After how they’ve lowered themselves into the muck I can see Chuck and Joni going along.

Reactions: Sexican
The arrested rioters that are claiming they were invited by the President or just doing what the President asked, are in my opinion proving that he incited a riot. Does anyone else with actual legal knowledge think those kinds of statements implicate the President?

Last edited:
The arrested rioters that are claiming they were invited by the President or just doing what the President asked, are in my opinion proving that he incited a riot in my opinion. Does anyone else with actual legal knowledge think those kinds of statements implicate the President?

No*. Ignorance of the law. The President's actions implicate him.

*not a lawyer, no legal knowledge. Own several different Encyclopedia Brown books

Reactions: gohawks50
Question for legal beagles. How far do preemtive presidential pardons extend? Can you commit crimes for 1 year, or 5 years? This is nuts. Pardon a guy and he can knock off a bank. Or kill some one. Or kill 500.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT