ADVERTISEMENT

BREAK THE ROCK (Fall Camp 2018 Video)

Another great video. I really like the punt return drill where they have to throw a football up just before catching the punted football then catch the ball they threw in the air after. I bet that’s a lot tougher than it looks and a great way to teach concentration.

Also, why was he wearing a sweatshirt at Ferentz’s house during the summer. He looked miserably hot and was sweating a ton.

On the front-end, we have the leadership of Nelson, Nelson, and Hesse ... but, on the back end, it looks like it will be the Amani's show! It looks like they're stamping their mark on this D ... and we'll need them too! Good luck men ... and lead well!

Reactions: Harbinger273
On the front-end, we have the leadership of Nelson, Nelson, and Hesse ... but, on the back end, it looks like it will be the Amani's show! It looks like they're stamping their mark on this D ... and we'll need them too! Good luck men ... and lead well!
I'm really looking forward to watching Amani step into the spot vacated by Jewell. At the same time, I was really excited about Jack Hockaday when he signed with Iowa and frankly, I'm a bit surprised that he has not had a more productive career, especially since Jack played pretty well IMO when he was on the field. Nice luxury to have a vet like Hockaday ready if Amani goes down at some point.

I'm really looking forward to watching Amani step into the spot vacated by Jewell. At the same time, I was really excited about Jack Hockaday when he signed with Iowa and frankly, I'm a bit surprised that he has not had a more productive career, especially since Jack played pretty well IMO when he was on the field. Nice luxury to have a vet like Hockaday ready if Amani goes down at some point.
I'm going to be patient with Jones. I think that we need to remember that he's just in his 3rd year on campus ... and this is his first REAL opportunity of receiving positional reps. Thus, every game he plays in will be a learning experience. It was a sobering reminder hearing him mention how his emphasis was still on learning the D. I think that it was great that he mentioned it ... because it's a terrific attribute of a learner to understand what they don't know.

The point then being that we'll most likely be more than a little "raw" at the LB spot ... however, if the guys are going to make mistakes ... they're going to try to make mistakes playing hard and playing tough. You know that Amani (Jones) is going to be as physical as possible ... and even if mistakes are made ... that will still set a great tone for the D. Furthermore, there will inevitably be more emphasis placed on making sure that the guys are all playing together as a collective ... flowing to the ball ... swarming when tackling! If guys do that ... that will compensate if the LBs make 'young guy' mistakes.

I'm going to be patient with Jones. I think that we need to remember that he's just in his 3rd year on campus ... and this is his first REAL opportunity of receiving positional reps. Thus, every game he plays in will be a learning experience. It was a sobering reminder hearing him mention how his emphasis was still on learning the D. I think that it was great that he mentioned it ... because it's a terrific attribute of a learner to understand what they don't know.

The point then being that we'll most likely be more than a little "raw" at the LB spot ... however, if the guys are going to make mistakes ... they're going to try to make mistakes playing hard and playing tough. You know that Amani (Jones) is going to be as physical as possible ... and even if mistakes are made ... that will still set a great tone for the D. Furthermore, there will inevitably be more emphasis placed on making sure that the guys are all playing together as a collective ... flowing to the ball ... swarming when tackling! If guys do that ... that will compensate if the LBs make 'young guy' mistakes.
You missed this one Ghost. You guys are talking about Amani Jones leading this team. This is Amani Hookers's team on defense. Over Hesse, either Nelson, AJ. Kid is going to rock this defense.

AWWWWWWESOME! Gets the hairs on the back of your neck standing up straight..... this defense is going to be lights out kick ass tough this year and I am certain many will be shocked how good our LB’s will be .. seriously I am stoked for the kickoff! GO HAWKS!

You missed this one Ghost. You guys are talking about Amani Jones leading this team. This is Amani Hookers's team on defense. Over Hesse, either Nelson, AJ. Kid is going to rock this defense.
You must have missed my line then ... I wrote that on the "back end, it looks like it will be the Amani's show." I purposely wrote "the Amani's" ... because I was referring to BOTH of them!

Reactions: Pigskin48
In those videos - I'm seeing the Hawks attempting to directly communicate to recruits who they are yet targeting. In the second video, there is an obvious strong emphasis on the TEs ... although clearly a lot of emphasis is being paid to Stanley and the passing game too!

Here's to hoping that the video propaganda does its job!

Reactions: hexumhawk and sob5
A lot of B. Smith deep routes against the 1s. Hmmmmmm
Stanley is confirming what the coaches have been saying about Easley, B. Smith, and ISM. Also, as we already knew ... Fant is incredible.

If we genuinely have 3 WRs who can help keep opposing Ds honest ... this O really could have a chance to be good. Also, who might be our emergers too? We usually have a guy who emerges ... if we have one of those too ... that furthers speaks to our chances on O!

Stanley is confirming what the coaches have been saying about Easley, B. Smith, and ISM. Also, as we already knew ... Fant is incredible.

If we genuinely have 3 WRs who can help keep opposing Ds honest ... this O really could have a chance to be good. Also, who might be our emergers too? We usually have a guy who emerges ... if we have one of those too ... that furthers speaks to our chances on O!

I agree
We are loaded at RB and TE
If our receivers can be average to good look out. We already know the Easley will be consistent, can we get ISM to correct some mistakes and BS to breakout. Could be huge

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT