ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking: NCAAs cancelled

Imagine if a season of the Bachelor or some other show people liked watching got cancelled in the interest of public safety (whether it is or isn't an overreaction is not the point of my post). Some of you really need to take a step back and look at how you're reacting. It's a game. You watch it for fun. It going away to maybe prevent a virus from spreading is more than worth it. Your life is not ANY worse off without this event. If it is you need to get a grip lol.

But that’s just the point. This wasn’t spring ball or a regular season basketball game. For many of these wrestlers this was the culmination of their entire wrestling career. They’ve sacrificed so much to get to this point and now that opportunity is taken away from them. How many private plans should be completely disrupted? Surely there’s a balance.

What world are you living in?

This has been in the news for 2 months. Trump's initial response was that it isn't that big of a deal and the "fake news" and Democrats are over reacting. He was more concerned about the stock market than he was about stopping the pandemic and the medical health of the nation. He is trying to play catch up now but it is too late. The blame for this nation's shut down falls squarely on Trump and his failure to manage the crisis in a timely manner.
You’re wrong. What exactly is a travel ban ? That is a concrete step to control the spread .

Reactions: dhm az
I'm sure I'll regret asking this, but did the current administration eliminate The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in the United States?

From my uneducated viewpoint, seems to me this branch should be at the forefront of all things disease related in the United States of America, regardless who sits in the Oval Office or party affiliation.

There is no indication these responsibilities were reassigned.

In November 2019, a bipartisan group of lawmakers and experts recommended that health security leadership on the National Security Council should be restored. There is a formal letter out there on the internet.

I don’t care who is doing it. The problem is he didn’t make sure someone was doing it and I’m pretty sure double spending on a few salaries would have been a pittance compared to what we’re dealing with.

Now that the tournament is canceled, I am not in a state where I can take that level of stupidity. I let a lot go.
Stupidity of saying one president declared an emergency at 6 deaths and now there’s what 39? It was January when he closed off China so I’ll be excited to hear what else should have been done. Remember there were 61 million cases of swine flu. They really stopped that sucker cold didn’t they. Lol

Reactions: TNTwrestle
There is no indication these responsibilities were reassigned.

In November 2019, a bipartisan group of lawmakers and experts recommended that health security leadership on the National Security Council should be restored. There is a formal letter out there on the internet.

I don’t care who is doing it. The problem is he didn’t make sure someone was doing it and I’m pretty sure double spending on a few salaries would have been a pittance compared to what we’re dealing with.
The CDC is responsible and it is even more well funded than it was under the previous administration, and that is part of the problem. Centralized management by federal bureaucracies isn’t as efficient as people think.

Now what am I supposed to do with all my chips and salsa?

1.jpg

Reactions: Edgar Wade
Stupidity of saying one president declared an emergency at 6 deaths and now there’s w
Good luck with that. Trump is definitely very beatable. However, the Democratic party can't get someone good enough to run and win and literally blocked the only guy that had a bit of momentum. All you have to do is watch and listen to Biden for 5 minutes and I don't see how you could vote for the guy.......

It would sort of be like sending Max Murin to NCAA's, but only being able to choose between Dusty Hone or Dylan Duncan to beat him. Both are from strong wrestling schools, but aren't really strong candidates..............

And did you listen to the ass clown Trump last night? Ten minutes of incoherent babble that his own staff had to explain, even to Fox News, this morning! My embarrassment is that I supported this fraud until he hit his ten thousandth lie.

And did you listen to the ass clown Trump last night? Ten minutes of incoherent babble that his own staff had to explain, even to Fox News, this morning! My embarrassment is that I supported this fraud until he hit his ten thousandth lie.
No but I’m guessing there’s nothing he could say or do that would be right for you. Enjoy the next 5 years with Trump as our President.

Reactions: xjohnx
You probably won't comprehend this, but you do realize our Government is layered right? The President, whomever it is, does not have full control of your daily life. There is no Dictatorship in the United States of America, regardless of your tin foil reception.

Define "supported". I have a hard time believing you voted for him the way you are blasting him. Because if you did vote for him and did ANY research on him before hand, you should have KNOWN he would be how he has been. In fact, the ONE thing I don't see how anyone can deny, is that he has consistently been exactly what he was before the election...........

Let me know if you have luck. I'm 0 for the year. Not sure if its EHD related or not. Been spoiled the last couple years, finding at least one antler on my lawn each spring.

Def has something to do with it... I’m, well my pup I should say, is up to 11 on the year. Still have pics of bucks holding both sides... Strange year to be sure. Found a real smoker of a Sedalia also!

Last edited:
I don’t like politics.so won’t comment. But what is really sad is the ISU fans. Celebrating on their boards cause we don’t get a national championship in wrestling or an official bid for basketball. They are actually arguing whether results for this year for Iowa count. What a sick group. JFC. I’m sorry but that makes me sick. Here’s to health to not only athletes but all.

Define "supported". I have a hard time believing you voted for him the way you are blasting him. Because if you did vote for him and did ANY research on him before hand, you should have KNOWN he would be how he has been. In fact, the ONE thing I don't see how anyone can deny, is that he has consistently been exactly what he was before the election...........

Yes, I voted for him. Can not stand Hilary! Life long conservative Republican. Trump is no more a true Republican than the man in the moon. Was a big fan of Sean Hannity. He used to keep a tally, every show, of where the national debt was and how alarmingly fast it was growing under Obama, and I agreed with him. Now, it’s grown exponentially with Trumps tax bill, etc. You’re half right, the Democrats can’t put up a solid candidate either, but this lying ass clown has to go.

Yes, I voted for him. Can not stand Hilary! Life long conservative Republican. Trump is no more a true Republican than the man in the moon. Was a big fan of Sean Hannity. He used to keep a tally, every show, of where the national debt was and how alarmingly fast it was growing under Obama, and I agreed with him. Now, it’s grown exponentially with Trumps tax bill, etc. You’re half right, the Democrats can’t put up a solid candidate either, but this lying ass clown has to go.
You're not a conservative. Just shut up.

The CDC is responsible and it is even more well funded than it was under the previous administration, and that is part of the problem. Centralized management by federal bureaucracies isn’t as efficient as people think.

We can argue states vs national response the second we can completely Ban travel between states. Sometimes we are 50 states.... Sometimes we are one country. We aren’t 50 states when it comes to infectious disease.

Reactions: el dub
Oh yeah, I agree 100%. Stuff sucks for some people, and I feel that. But for the people on here claiming that this decision is the mark of the end of times, they really need to take a step back and look at what they're saying. Because I can almost guarantee none of them are the people you're describing. But yes. I feel awful for everyone involved. It is incredibly unfortunate.

I'm the only one I've seen that even mentioned end times, and I didn't say anything about this having to do with them.
I said from my knowledge of Biblical end times, the USA is not a player in them. That means that we are no longer a major world power. That is not going to happen militarily, nor do I believe this virus has the ability to undermine our country in and of itself. It can, however, have a huge effect on our economy and I think this is one of many decisions that can add to that. I believe our downfall will be socio-economical or political, and those things have been going on for anywhere from 12 to 28 years depending on how you want to look at it.
I usually try to avoid political arguments on here for many reasons, not the least of which is that I learned a long time ago that logic, facts, and reason have no standing in a debate with most liberals, so I don't bother.
Most of the people who already attacked me and started name-calling have already blocked me, so they won't see this, and I really don't care. If you don't think we're living in end times, you're entitled to that opinion, and you're the one that will answer for that opinion ultimately.
I wasn't trying to start a political or religious war with my first post on this thread, I was merely venting my disappointment at this decision and the state of our country.
All people reading this are entitled to their opinions, I was just stating mine. I'm not going to apologize to the agnostics or the far-lefters on this board for doing so. I'm thinking after this and the coronavirus thread, all my threads will be much shorter in the future, and I doubt I'll miss anything intellectually valid.

Last edited:
This is the end of a great country. They have won. I thought the country got saved in 2016, I guess the inevitable was just postponed, it was too far gone from the previous eight years. Deep in my heart I knew it, from end-time prophecies, but I kept denying it, hoping there would be something for my kids.
I can't believe you and I exist in the same universe. This is so insane.

I don’t like politics.so won’t comment. But what is really sad is the ISU fans. Celebrating on their boards cause we don’t get a national championship in wrestling or an official bid for basketball. They are actually arguing whether results for this year for Iowa count. What a sick group. JFC. I’m sorry but that makes me sick. Here’s to health to not only athletes but all.
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

I can take it from here...

Kevin Dresser has never coached a National Champion in his entire head coaching career.

But Doug Schwab has!

Why can't they just post pone it? I am deflated hearing this. I loses opportunity at National Championship. At least we got the Big Ten Championship. I feel for Spencer Lee who possibly loses ability to be 4 time champ. Better at least allow people to use red shirts for this year.

Gentlemen:
1. First and foremost, stay safe and good health to all of you in hawk nation.
2. Follow precautions. I would imagine that some of you are in less densely populated areas, some not. From an easterners perspective (and one with some connection to health), let me just say this makes sense. My business just announced a remote work mandate effective tomorrow. We simply should not be concentrating people right now. It may not be a panacea but it’ll probably help. In the big picture this is the priority. And realistically, if every other sport is pulling the plug, there is no way wrestling couldn’t.
3. You had a great team this year and are to be congratulated on that. Be proud.
4. As much as we live in a charged atmosphere and it is an election year, I get people’s political instincts. But right now it is important that we have clean lines of communications on this topic. There is plenty to bitch about regarding the president and or congress other than this. By all meAns have at it on those other topics, but let’s try to avoid creating an atmosphere on this topic that is one of either presumptive mistrust or presumptive dismissiveness.
5. There better damn well be something good on lifetime or hallmark channels tonight.

Have we seen an official announcement that says cancelled? But in any case, think of the logistics to try to find another time, possibly location, to do this.
Actually, location should be pretty damn easy to solve at this point........

I would imagine this is somewhere between simple wishful thinking and complete bs. Not because it may not happen though. It might, eventually. Because, Do you (Christian) really think this is anywhere remotely near the top of the priority list of issues the NCAA or its member institutions are focusing on right now?

Last edited:
I wish this wouldn't have gone the political route. I'm still sick to my stomach over this. It sucks for all involved, but, since this board obviously becomes a battle between PSU & Iowa, it simply sucks to not have final conclusion to the season. I feel bad for EVERY wrestler impacted, but, lets just look at it from our two teams, assuming the year is lost and the guys won't get it back:

Spencer Lee loses his chance at being a 4-timer - This is the worst one to me. I know you shouldn't say never, but, no one was beating him.

Both RBY & DeSanto had shots at standing on top of that podium. I'm upset that we don't get to see that weight class play itself out.

It wasn't a guarantee, but, I was looking forward to a likely Pletcher vs. Lee Part 3. Another bummer.

Lugo is another one I feel terrible for. I wasn't always a big fan of his style, but, he came a long way this year and I think he had a phenomenal chance to win it all.

Not sure what Kaleb Young was going to do, but, a bounce back from BIG's certainly was out of the question based on his history.

The 2nd biggest travesty. No Bull vs. Cenzo. All their matches are great, but, that last one was a full demonstration of what wrestling is all about. Cenzo might have had 4-time finalist, 3-time champ taken away. Bull might have had his 1st championship taken away, which would have been great given the Eli storyline.

Hall & Kemerer might not have quite lived up to Bull - Cenzo, but, there were still fantastic wrestlers going at it. I'm pretty confident we would have seen that rematch. Hall might have been a 4-time finalist and 2-time champion.

This is another major bummer. Both Assad & Brooks burned their shirt, made it to the big show, and now it seems like it was a waste. I think Brooks had an outside shot as a true Freshman at this weight, and Assad definitely had AA potential.

Warner can compete with anyone, and who knows what Shak we would have seen with 2 week off. Now, we will never know.

Big Cass impressed me all year and was fun to watch wrestle. I don't think he was beating Mason or Steveson, but, I had him penciled in confidently in 3rd place.

So, for all the vitirol going back and fourth, in the end, we are all wrestling fans of two of the best programs going right now. Not seeing the ending is just awful for we the fans and devastating for the wrestlers.

I know athletes work hard in all sports, but, the commitment it takes to wrestle, without all of the accolades the other big sports take away is what makes it so great. My heart honestly aches for all of those kids.

You know their would have been big upsets, a surprise champ or two and a lot of great wrestling.....all gone.

I'm keeping it in perspective, but, I'd be lying to say I'm not seriously bummed out about all of this.

Nothing you said there was accurate. He called for a travel ban from China early on and was criticized for it. That was taking action. China also covered this up for approximately one month prior to that. He acted quickly and it most likely kept the amount of infected down in our country.
And yes, these events would be cancelled but it would have been much sooner. If China didn't lie this whole thing might have been a blip.
He didn’t act quickly. He downplayed and said it want an issue. Stoping travel from China was worthless because it was already here and community spreading. We had no clue the scope because the CDC messed up the testing and refused to allow private labs to make tests. And if you think he’s done a bang up job, take a look at the stock and bond market and ask yourself why have trillions of dollars poured out of US assets. Trust me, it’s not because of MSNBC and CNBC

He didn’t act quickly. He downplayed and said it want an issue. Stoping travel from China was worthless because it was already here and community spreading. We had no clue the scope because the CDC messed up the testing and refused to allow private labs to make tests. And if you think he’s done a bang up job, take a look at the stock and bond market and ask yourself why have trillions of dollars poured out of US assets. Trust me, it’s not because of MSNBC and CNBC
I can only speak for myself, but I trust your word as solid gold ! LMFAO!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT