Yeah ,sad no more Booty GIFs
sexy booty shake GIF

M
And compare the completion percentage:

Brendan Sullivan:

Year...Games...Cmp...Att...Pct...Yds...TD...INT

Deacon Hill:

Year...Games...Cmp...Att...Pct.....Yds...TD...INT
i know this is a thread about BS, but my god, looking at those DH numbers again is just mind blowing. When you “add” in his -114 yards on 50 rushing attempts, and take into account the fact that hardly any of those were designed runs, the Iowa offense basically averaged 3.4 yards each time the play was designed for DH to throw the ball. By comparison, the offense averaged 3.3 yards per carry running the ball all last season. And if you take those -114 yards and 50 carries off the team rushing ledger, the season team average grows to 3.9 ypc. 3.4 yards passing vs. 3.9 yards rushing. Wouldn’t surprise me if that’s never been seen before, at least not at a Power 5 program. Hope to god I never see it again.

Welcome aboard Mr. Sullivan.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
And compare the completion percentage:

Brendan Sullivan:

Year...Games...Cmp...Att...Pct...Yds...TD...INT

Deacon Hill:

Year...Games...Cmp...Att...Pct.....Yds...TD...INT
Just scroll down before you get to the INT line. 😉

I don't even care. This is a huge upgrade for this offense. A big thank you to Mr. Sullivan.

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
I am not too muchof a gambler, but I would put money on the bet that Deacon will NOT be coming back to iowa.

on a more serious thought, it looks like we could have right away a "quarterback situation." I think it really should be open competition, but McNamara could endup feeling snubbed.
Not sure what CM is thinking right now, but I hardly think he should be feeling "snubbed" at any time. Iowa had extremely high hopes for him when he came in to lead the offense, but truth be told, the only thing he's "proven" since arriving on campus is that he is an ok QB who can't take more than 3 steps without hurting himself. If he develops a crappy attitude because Iowa brought in a QB who might actually compete with him for playing time, then I'm not sure he's right for us to begin with. That said, I hope CM looks like he's in '21 midseason form all year long and the addition of BS is moot (for '24, anyway).

Not sure what CM is thinking right now, but I hardly think he should be feeling "snubbed" at any time. Iowa had extremely high hopes for him when he came in to lead the offense, but truth be told, the only thing he's "proven" since arriving on campus is that he is an ok QB who can't take more than 3 steps without hurting himself. If he develops a crappy attitude because Iowa brought in a QB who might actually compete with him for playing time, then I'm not sure he's right for us to begin with. That said, I hope CM looks like he's in '21 midseason form all year long and the addition of BS is moot (for '24, anyway).
Yeah if anything a competitor welcomes competition and I think he is a competitor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drinkin Buddy
No way he comes here if Brian is the OC. Mobility at the QB position is going to be part of a Tim Lester offense. Not necessarily to run, but to create space and put the defense at risk.
This. Seems to be the type of athlete at QB Iowa will be targeting moving forward.

Do think that theres a chance(gulp) that Lester puts in packages for Sullivan to run that utilizes his legs?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT