ADVERTISEMENT

Browns Hire Stefanski

PerkyForHerky

HR Heisman
May 7, 2012
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...an-hire-vikings-oc-kevin-stefanski-head-coach

977627107.jpg

Reactions: mnole03
The Browns have a track record of sucking that is likely to continue. For one thing they are now hiring the HC, before they have a GM. That's Chicago Bears stupid right there.

Vikings started out the year with a horrible offense, qb got blamed but OC was making the calls. Looks like a very bad hire.

Wheres Evil Monkey ?

Vikings started out the year with a horrible offense, qb got blamed but OC was making the calls. Looks like a very bad hire.

Wheres Evil Monkey ?
I can't say I'm upset by this at all. Cousins has his limitations.

One of the limitations was Kevin Stefanski. I hope we keep Gary Kubiak on staff.

Reactions: StonesCat
Maybe his stats paint a better picture, but he’s had a lot of different positions with Vikings yet I don’t remember their offenses being dominate, dynamic or particularly effective during his tenure.

My #1 choice from the start. Love this hire!!! There is a lot of stuff out there like this. From a guy that is close to the organization as there is:

I can only say, from a team that team that lacks maturity, both in age and, well, maturity, the last person I wanted was Josh F***in' McDaniels.

Reactions: PerkyForHerky
The Browns are a variation of that Marx quote. Anyone who is willing to coach the Browns is not someone you would want to coach your team.

Reactions: PerkyForHerky
Here's gonna be good for them. Baker and others will respect him and play for him. Good hire, IMO.
Hopefully, you are correct...altho Baker-Mayfield is NOT the problem in Cleveland. The Browns gotta get guys who will do what it takes to win and not guys who are looking for personal stats. If they could undo the Beckham trade, they should! They gave up a lot to get very little. A couple of O-linemen would help, too.

What makes an NFL franchise successful?

It starts at the top with a vibrant owner who
really wants to win. He hires a good GM
and Head Coach. This 3 guys are the basis
for a winning franchise.

Look at the Chicago Bears.....an aging and
out of touch ownership who idolize the past.
They have failed to hire a stable coach who
can go for 8 to 10 years. Their GM Pace
is not a competent judge of college talent
which might be successful in the NFL.

So, they fired a young guy who had lost the locker room, and brought in a young guy?
He'd better bring in some old dudes with serious NFL credentials, specifically a DC that will command respect.

Rumor has it he agreed to meet with front office and owners regularly to go over game plans.

no real coach would do this.

that’s why they get what they get.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT