ADVERTISEMENT

The Libs are going to love Dawn Staley. Lisa Bluder not so much.

Okay, that was not the studies I read. I'll still ask how does this stop someone who has gone through puberty and become 6'4" and really strong from being 6'4" and really strong?

Huey, I appreciate you finding this and giving me something different I hadn't read. I have a puking kid right now so I can't look for the study I was talking about.
Even strength advantages appear to disappear after two years. There aren't a whole lot of studies on this and sample sizes are low. But in general, performance advantages keep going down to disappearing the longer someone has been transitioned.

"For the first two years after starting hormones, the trans women in their review were able to do 10 percent more pushups and 6 percent more situps than their cisgender female counterparts. After two years, Roberts told NBC News, “they were fairly equivalent to the cisgender women.”

A good high school dude would be dominant in women’s basketball at college level.

Men’s are so much strong faster and athletic. A transgender would absolutely crush it at the rim in rebounds and put backs.

Staley would be the first in line with that type of talent. She's already pretty close with Cardoso.

I assume if there are a few dozen NCAA athletes there must be at least several hundred high school athletes. Of course, that is conjecture.

I just think this is not a fringe topic that can or should be casually ignored by liberals, or scoffed at just because, yes, most of the hysteria is hate-based coming from the right. I think liberals should think long and hard about where we stand in balancing the rights of transgenders to the rights of biological women.
I think your conjecture on this subject does not match most of your posting history. Don’t get caught up in over regulating…
That always leads to worse outcomes.
You do remember the height of gay bashing, right?

If they've been transitioned for at least two years, they wouldn't be anymore athletic than the cis athletes.
Like a dumbass convention in here.

A guy would shrink and their vertical would go to shit? Um okay.

Boys that hardly hit puberty beat the best women’s soccer team in the planet.

Last edited:
I’m not sure why you equate equal rights for all citizens with an attack inspired by lies?
Oh, wait…
Trans hysteria works because it plays on bigotry and fear. It resonates at a high frequency which animates people to believe falsehoods, and to surrender to fear. The fear over trans athletes and the people who say they are just about protecting kids never answer honestly as to at what point they are okay with trans citizens? Which health care options get taken away? Which rights of determination get taken away? Which rights of identity and public participation get taken away?
I’m not equating anything. I’m giving examples of things that are used as political weaponry. I knew there would be a few who would read into it way, waaaaaay too much.

That's complete bullshit. The topic just doesn't really interest the average male middle aged "liberal" type that is on this board.

And I don't think it is a "losing issue" for liberals. I think highlighting the prejudice and intolerance and hate of the current Republican party as exemplified by this "issue" probably is a winner for Dems if they feel like pushing it. However the current old people dominated Biden party is way way too skittish on "cultural" issues for that. They're stuck in the 90's.

But you've gotten to the nut of why Republican media and politicans push this, it's mainly about stirring up the hate in their political base.

As to Jan 6 vs Trans rights, thanks for creating a perfect frame per what a vile despicable anti-Democratic Fascist party the Maga Trump Republican party currently is.
Have you seen various polling on trans in sports? Most people don’t want men taking the court/field/pool/pitch/track against women. That’s why I say it’s a losing issue.

I’m not equating anything. I’m giving examples of things that are used as political weaponry. I knew there would be a few who would read into it way, waaaaaay too much.

Have you seen various polling on trans in sports? Most people don’t want men taking the court/field/pool/pitch/track against women. That’s why I say it’s a losing issue.
What was the polling on integration of the military in 1939? What was the polling on gay marriage in 1968? When Stephen Miller in a second Trump Administration issues executive orders against trans citizens holding certain jobs you’ll totally be there for them, right? When Miller says no insurance company / hospital that accepts federal funds can provide gender affirming care you’ll be there to raise your voice, right?

Reactions: Huey Grey
Of course, we can always make a mountain out of a molehill…….Personally, I think Iowa winters ought to be much warmer and feature more sunshine and blue skies. Doesn’t mean I am an advocate of climate change….or does it?

I found the answer for you. You're welcome.

"Currently, 32 transgender athletes openly compete in college sports, Scott said, adding that there are more lawmakers on the committee — 45 — than college transgender athletes."

“It’s ludicrous to suggest that such a handful of athletes, who pose no evidentiary threat, justifies national congressional action,” he said.

32 that compete against how many women?

Even strength advantages appear to disappear after two years. There aren't a whole lot of studies on this and sample sizes are low. But in general, performance advantages keep going down to disappearing the longer someone has been transitioned.

"For the first two years after starting hormones, the trans women in their review were able to do 10 percent more pushups and 6 percent more situps than their cisgender female counterparts. After two years, Roberts told NBC News, “they were fairly equivalent to the cisgender women.”
So which is it? It’s not happening often or you are for it?

So which is it? It’s not happening often or you are for it?
Pretty clear it virtually never happens. Even Northern accidently proved that. So in that light why are we passing laws and having so many discussions about it?

And I've already said what I think should happen. On the very very very off chance there is a trans athlete competing it's up to the overseeing organization to decide what to do.

But it's so rare it's ridiculous for the rest of us to worry about it. It baffles me why we have so many discussions about this.

Pretty clear it virtually never happens. Even Northern accidently proved that. So in that light why are we passing laws and having so many discussions about it?

And I've already said what I think should happen. On the very very very off chance there is a trans athlete competing it's up to the overseeing organization to decide what to do.

But it's so rare it's ridiculous for the rest of us to worry about it. It baffles me why we have so many discussions about this.
It’s common sense, it’s also something that is more prevalent now, looks to become more prevalent. If there are 32 trans athletes in college sports, how many females does it effect? It’s protective and doesn’t trample the constitution

It’s common sense, it’s also something that is more prevalent now, looks to become more prevalent. If there are 32 trans athletes in college sports, how many females does it effect? It’s protective and doesn’t trample the constitution
32 trans athletes out of how many thousands? how on earth is that prevalent? i suppose you can argue it will become more prevalent if only because that's the only direction it can go really.

This to me is not an issue that conservatives are truly serious about. It's just something that most of us don't understand, can't begin to wrap our heads around it, so it makes alot of people nervous/anxious/fearful. And fear-mongering is all the GOP seems to have.

If I thought this was truly an honest discussion about fairness and equality in sports, I'd care alot more. I've said in previous threads, I'd allow them to participate, but they're ineligible for winning medals/trophies.

32 trans athletes out of how many thousands? how on earth is that prevalent? i suppose you can argue it will become more prevalent if only because that's the only direction it can go really.

This to me is not an issue that conservatives are truly serious about. It's just something that most of us don't understand, can't begin to wrap our heads around it, so it makes alot of people nervous/anxious/fearful. And fear-mongering is all the GOP seems to have.

If I thought this was truly an honest discussion about fairness and equality in sports, I'd care alot more. I've said in previous threads, I'd allow them to participate, but they're ineligible for winning medals/trophies.

You realize that it isn't just conservatives that are trying to protect women's sports, right?

This is across the board.

Reactions: ClarindaA's

More prevalent than it was ten years ago. Again, how many women have to compete against those 32? That’s the number that matters.

There’s no room for trans women in women’s sports. There just isn’t. They can play in the men’s division. Maybe the men’s division should just be called open and the women’s be only biological women.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
You realize that it isn't just conservatives that are trying to protect women's sports, right?

This is across the board.
sorry, based on what I've read when this is discussed, I don't believe it's about protecting anything. It's just fear-mongering to scare people about an issue that effects an incredibly few people.
More prevalent than it was ten years ago. Again, how many women have to compete against those 32? That’s the number that matters.
That would be just shy of 200k women athletes in collegiate sports. so your 32 trans athletes represents ~0.0002%.

You cannot stretch that into anything remotely resembling the definition of prevalent.

sorry, based on what I've read when this is discussed, I don't believe it's about protecting anything. It's just fear-mongering to scare people about an issue that effects an incredibly few people.

That would be just shy of 200k women athletes in collegiate sports. so your 32 trans athletes represents ~0.0002%.

You cannot stretch that into anything remotely resembling the definition of prevalent.
You aren’t answering my question. How many women have to compete against those 32?

You aren’t answering my question. How many women have to compete against those 32?
Well, let me see, that would be 200k - 32 = 199,968 women vs 32 trans athletes.

if you have specific information about which sports this would be, by all means, share with the class.

Well, let me see, that would be 200k - 32 = 199,968 women vs 32 trans athletes.

if you have specific information about which sports this would be, by all means, share with the class.
I’m just saying you act like the law would only effect 32 people. It would benefit every woman who would potentially have to compete against a trans woman. The number would be much larger than 32

I’m just saying you act like the law would only effect 32 people. It would benefit every woman who would potentially have to compete against a trans woman. The number would be much larger than 32
In no way, shape or form did I say this was anything close to a 1:1 relationship. What I did point out, is that 32 vs 200k, the number impacted is not going to be anywhere close to what you're implying, especially since neither you nor I have any idea the actual skill level of the trans athletes to begin with.

Reactions: pjhawk
320 million people in this country. And you're worried about 32 of them. Kill me now, Lord.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT