ADVERTISEMENT

Bruce Herrald hopes by June 1 teams can meet/practice. ND students back on campus for Aug 10 classes

Of the 320 deaths in that age group, how many had no pre-existing health issues (if you know)? Thanks.

I don't think they openly report that. It gets into the HIPPA deal. Obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, other heart issues, all seem to be big factors.

As of today, in NJ, 47% of the deaths were over 80 and 33% over aged 65 for a total of 80% of the deaths. Only 45 deaths were in the age 18-29 group.
58% of the deaths had cardiovascular disease and 34% were diabetic.

students going back in September should really not be an issue.

Totally agree Screw. People clamoring for no sports or no college or no school until the case rate is zero are not looking at facts. If you are under 55, you literally are more at risk of dying from flu. Yes, this thing is bad, real bad, if you are old and have other health issues. But let's protect the most vulnerable, and let the damn thing circulate throughout the rest of the population so that there are very few vectors for it to get to the most vulnerable. Hunkering down and closing everything literally does not prevent the spread at all. It just causes all the other problems with people not seeking attention for other health issues, parents not taking their kids in for vaccinations, etc.

I don't think they openly report that. It gets into the HIPPA deal. Obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, other heart issues, all seem to be big factors.

every state knows all of the statistics of those who died. there's no HIPAA issue about it as long as the state does not publish names and conditions of patients. The Iowa Covid tracker website has a lot of information, including the fact that 88% of the deaths in Iowa were in people aged 65 and older.

https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/

Reactions: Hendy hawk
Totally agree Screw. People clamoring for no sports or no college or no school until the case rate is zero are not looking at facts. If you are under 55, you literally are more at risk of dying from flu. Yes, this thing is bad, real bad, if you are old and have other health issues. But let's protect the most vulnerable, and let the damn thing circulate throughout the rest of the population so that there are very few vectors for it to get to the most vulnerable. Hunkering down and closing everything literally does not prevent the spread at all. It just causes all the other problems with people not seeking attention for other health issues, parents not taking their kids in for vaccinations, etc.
Younger people are more likely to die from the flu, but more likely to end up in the hospital from COVID.

Word on the street Iowa may start June 8.
Smaller groups, maybe scattered practice times.
We shall see.
Hope so!
Go Hawks!

Reactions: And1Hawk
I saw Sweden's chart the other day and they did list "existing health issues".

I posted a few days ago about how conflicting opinions to the WHO and CDC are being censored. The whole thread got deleted apparently because some tiny penis guy blew a gasket.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT