ADVERTISEMENT

Bryson DeChambeau

Scott559

HR Heisman
Mar 16, 2010
Central Iowa
Impressive win at Winged Foot, With virtually no rough at Augusta will he be able to duplicate the feat at the Masters?

Played great and deserved to win but I can’t stand him. He would be awful to play with.
I wondered how many people would have been in that gallery yesterday if there were crowds. Captain dillrod and Dechamdouche. Could there possibly be a more unpopular final grouping in a major in history?

While I am not a fan of his demeanor, I do like the villain story line of Bryson being somewhat of an outcast, proving all the haters wrong.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
It was said by the commentators today, that Bryson averaged
325 yards on his drives today. That would be a new record. He
has changed his game to hit the hell out of the ball. IF he can
demonstrate a good short game, then he should win some more
Majors. The guy is only 27 years old.

You better get used to seeing it. Most wins on PGA last 4 seasons:
- Dustin Johnson (11)
- Justin Thomas (11)
- Bryson DeChambeau (7)

Reactions: LuteHawk
Brooks isn’t gonna like this result……

eye-roll-eye-rolling.gif

Bryson still has issues with pace of play. I hope he gets that cleaned up at some point.

Last edited:
He floats his (golf) balls in Epsom salt etc and marks the face that rotates best etc. Isn't this cheating? If it were a true test, everyone needs to use the same freaking balls and clubs.

He floats his (golf) balls in Epsom salt etc and marks the face that rotates best etc. Isn't this cheating? If it were a true test, everyone needs to use the same freaking balls and clubs.
No.

My BIL was a pro MLB'er. He would measure the moisture content of his bat prior to every at Bat.

• Wow
Reactions: GOHOX69
No.

My BIL was a pro MLB'er. He would measure the moisture content of his bat prior to every at Bat.
This disparity used to be common in tennis with various frames and strings. It changed the game, totally. In the 80's serve and volley, especially on grass was the way to go. Now, big stiff rackets, poly strings, every dipshit is a snooze fest base line banger.

This isn't anything new.

I have a ball spinner that does the same thing. I've had it for probably 20 years. Hardly used it though.

Check-Go-Classic.webp

That idea has been around for a long time; I believe it was originated by putting/short game guru Dave Pelz. He talked about doing that...basically, you fill a cup with water, stir in epsom salt, drop in the ball; mark a small dot with a permanent marker on the spot that is at the top. Then spin the ball; if the same spot ends up at the top, the ball is off-balance. Use those balls in practice rounds or rounds that don't really matter to you. If the dot does NOT end up back on top, the ball is perfectly balanced...save those balls & use them for competitive tournament rounds.
I'm not surprised that DeChambeau would be a follower of some of Pelz' theories. They can be very technical, but are based on his training/education in physics and his work experience with NASA. Remember, 7 or 8 years ago Bryson used to use a compass on his green book to help determine how to play approach shots and chip shots; after a year or two, the PGA outlawed the practice. I always thought that was unfair; there was no rule against it, and it was something every player could do if he wanted to learn how to do it. Basically, the tour put a rule in to solely to prevent him from using his intelligence to his advantage.
When I was watching Saturday they were talking a lot about Bryson's putting stroke and stance; much of it was very clearly right out of some of the Pelz books.

That idea has been around for a long time; I believe it was originated by putting/short game guru Dave Pelz. He talked about doing that...basically, you fill a cup with water, stir in epsom salt, drop in the ball; mark a small dot with a permanent marker on the spot that is at the top. Then spin the ball; if the same spot ends up at the top, the ball is off-balance. Use those balls in practice rounds or rounds that don't really matter to you. If the dot does NOT end up back on top, the ball is perfectly balanced...save those balls & use them for competitive tournament rounds.
I'm not surprised that DeChambeau would be a follower of some of Pelz' theories. They can be very technical, but are based on his training/education in physics and his work experience with NASA. Remember, 7 or 8 years ago Bryson used to use a compass on his green book to help determine how to play approach shots and chip shots; after a year or two, the PGA outlawed the practice. I always thought that was unfair; there was no rule against it, and it was something every player could do if he wanted to learn how to do it. Basically, the tour put a rule in to solely to prevent him from using his intelligence to his advantage.
When I was watching Saturday they were talking a lot about Bryson's putting stroke and stance; much of it was very clearly right out of some of the Pelz books.

JFC, I barely hit the putting green before a round let alone take that much effort. I also play Mojos

You guys are really going to be mind blown when you see how he uses the dimples on the ball when putting.

Inside 5 feet.

JFC, I barely hit the putting green before a round let alone take that much effort. I also play Mojos

Ha. When I was way too serious about the game - playing a couple of times a week & practicing after work another day or two, I used to do it. I'm sure it was partly mental, but I was certainly one of the best putters in the various mens groups that I'd play in.

This disparity used to be common in tennis with various frames and strings. It changed the game, totally. In the 80's serve and volley, especially on grass was the way to go. Now, big stiff rackets, poly strings, every dipshit is a snooze fest base line banger.
At the time I thought "Wow, that's the smart way to play tennis, win at the net." So, yeah, I thought it was cool.

But in hindsight I think it's boring compared to today's tennis with extended rallies. Watching players serve and robotically run to the net everytime to me is a snooze fest. JMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT