ADVERTISEMENT

BTCG Ticket Info

I've never been to Indy. Any thoughts on parking and/or tailgating possibilities would be appreciated. Or where a good area to park near a decent amount of bars/restaurants would be.

I bought tickets after PSU and just today realized they are in section 318, which is on the “east division” sideline. Going to be surrounded by Wolverines lol
As long as you don’t wear OSU or MSU gear, you’ll be fine. I’ve never had a problem with their fans in the dozen or so games I’ve been to in AA. They’re good people.

I would be very nervous heading to Indy without tickets thinking you are just going to scalp. Its illegal to scalp within 1 mile of Lucas Oil and the police were really monitoring potential scalpers.

I would venture to estimate that for every ticket available their was 250 fans looking for that ticket. A lot of people ended up getting left out due to not finding available tickets or not being able to afford the asking prices. Tickets just werent available and the demand was ridiculous.

We bought ours right when Minnesota won today for $300 per ticket. Same section a few rows further back are now $425 per ticket.

I don't see them coming down much in price. Lots of demand from Michigan fans will drive them high.

Reactions: NashvilleHawk
Patience…tickets are stupid right now. OSU has a lot to unload this week.
Why would OSU fans have tickets? They aren't any different than us - waiting for the school allotment which they won't get. The only tickets available now are 3rd-party tickets - like corporate tickets, etc.

At least this is how I understand it. But I've been wrong before...

Why would OSU fans have tickets? They aren't any different than us - waiting for the school allotment which they won't get. The only tickets available now are 3rd-party tickets - like corporate tickets, etc.

Lots of Ohio State fans bought tickets earlier in the year expecting to make it and are now selling.

If I could get Friday off I'd go, but just way too much of a hassle to try and make the trek Friday evening. Oh well, maybe next time.

I've never been to Indy. Any thoughts on parking and/or tailgating possibilities would be appreciated. Or where a good area to park near a decent amount of bars/restaurants would be.
If you can park around LOS then you should be able to tailgate. Otherwise, park near the convention center and head down to the Illinois street to the bars and restaurants to have a good time. FOX will be broadcasting the pregame so you can check that out in the square near Hyatt.

Last edited:
They won't get cheaper

Bball opens night before at Purdue
No clue how close or far from indy
Thought about the BBall game, but it's a 9:00 pm EST start and West Lafayette is ~1 hour from Indy. Would have made for just too late of a night. Also Purdue is really good and has a track record of wrecking us, so decided to head straight for Indy and find somewhere to watch the game.

You could reserve with a small “down payment”. There’s a lot out there that will be coming down in price.

As others have said, don’t expect them to get cheaper. OSU fans are dumping them right now and eager Michigan fans will pay through the nose.

In 2015, we bought ours off the Columbus Craigslist. I would make sure you tell them you’re not a Michigan fan, they might give you a reasonable price.

As far as parking/tailgating, you’ll need to use the ParkWhiz app. Just snagged a spot in a law firm parking lot which allows use of their indoor bathrooms so pretty happy about that. Highly recommend you buy your parking in advance.

The fan stuff is north/northeast of the stadium a block or two. That’s mostly garages up that way. Most of tailgating areas will be to the southeast of LOS.

Reactions: jdw10224405
We've been to every B1G championship game and always park here:
Virginia Avenue Garage - 155 Delaware St, Indianapolis, IN 46204
It's right by Gainbridge Fieldhouse where the Pacers play and is only 5 minutes to the bars and 10 minutes to the convention center where fanfest is.
Extra info: There's also a great place for gathering that most people don't know about - Circle Centre Mall.
Downtown Indy is great. You will love it!

As others have said, don’t expect them to get cheaper. OSU fans are dumping them right now and eager Michigan fans will pay through the nose.

In 2015, we bought ours off the Columbus Craigslist. I would make sure you tell them you’re not a Michigan fan, they might give you a reasonable price.
Total tix for sale went down almost 20% overnight and prices not going down. Mich has alot of alumni
Buy now.

They have but there’s a ton left on both sides right now. Anyone know when the university lets those know that put in requests a few weeks ago?
Probably Tomorrow.
A lot of the tickets from the UI are pretty crappy. Players families and big donors get good seats but a large bunch are upstairs.

Probably Tomorrow.
A lot of the tickets from the UI are pretty crappy. Players families and big donors get good seats but a large bunch are upstairs.
They’re not bad. You can see thru StubHub and vivid seats where those are. We sat in the end zone nose bleeds last time and those are still $+225 a ticket. Going to hold out a bit longer today…have until 3pm to cancel Airbnb without penalty. Love being stressed out about this shit on a Sunday lol.

For anyone staying in the north suburbs, the Carmel Christkindlmarkt is going on right now and is pretty cool if you’re looking for something to do Friday night. As for Saturday there will be a “designated” bar for Iowa fans, although we will be everywhere downtown. Last time it was the Colts Grille but I don’t think that’s open anymore. I know the owner of the Tin Roof is an Iowa guy so that place will be full of Hawks.

They have but there’s a ton left on both sides right now. Anyone know when the university lets those know that put in requests a few weeks ago?
University notified me an hour ago that I got tickets. They are preassigned, with the seats based on priority points. Went in 2015--it's an outstanding stadium, not a bad seat in the house, really.

Reactions: ThisHawks4u
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT