ADVERTISEMENT

Buffalo Defense vs. AZ

llabtoof

Team MVP
Oct 27, 2001
After watching that entire AZ vs. Buffalo game, I am not sure I have ever been more impressed with a team's defense over the course of 40 minutes. Buffalo was tenacious and their on ball defense was incredible the second that AZ crossed the half court line. AZ had way more talent than Buffalo but they smothered them which also hindered the ability to get Ayton the ball in good scoring positions.

Really hope that Fran studies that tape and places a HUGE emphasis on tenacious, team defense next season. It allows any team regardless of talent level to have a shot against anyone on any given night. What an effort by the Buffalo Bulls.

I watched some of Michigan/ Montana game and thought Montana was making Michigan work for everything

I confess that I did not watch the entire game but it looked like Arizona was sleep walking on both ends of the court. Down by 15 late in the 2nd Half, they didn't press and allowed Buffalo ball handlers to run down the shot clock. They should have just forfeited the damn game.

After watching that entire AZ vs. Buffalo game, I am not sure I have ever been more impressed with a team's defense over the course of 40 minutes. Buffalo was tenacious and their on ball defense was incredible the second that AZ crossed the half court line. AZ had way more talent than Buffalo but they smothered them which also hindered the ability to get Ayton the ball in good scoring positions.

Really hope that Fran studies that tape and places a HUGE emphasis on tenacious, team defense next season. It allows any team regardless of talent level to have a shot against anyone on any given night. What an effort by the Buffalo Bulls.
Guards for Buffalo played great defense. Is that the correct spelling of defense. Don't think it' s in Frans vocabulary.

Arizona had one true point guard on the roster this season... and he should have been a backup. The lack of recruiting of a true point guard (outside of T.J. McConnell) has been excruciating under Miller. This is something Iowa fans should be familiar with lately.

I have not been a huge fan of the guards here at Arizona the last three years.

Reactions: Hawktucson
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT