ADVERTISEMENT

Bye, bye Booger Eater!

As a Vikings fan I am pissed they didn’t hire him after they fired Zimmer.

He will have the Chargers in the Super Bowl in a few years.

Let's see how well he does being at a place where he doesn't have access to some of the best talent in the nation at every position.

Hope he makes a clown of himself in the NFL.
He won at non scholarship San Diego

Made Stanford a winner.

Took the 49ers to a Super Bowl.

Won a national title at Michigan.

He doesn’t have a damn thing to prove.

Let's see how well he does being at a place where he doesn't have access to some of the best talent in the nation at every position.

Hope he makes a clown of himself in the NFL.
Like when he went to Stanford and took them from 1-11 to 12-1 in three seasons with the most rigorous of admission standards in the country?

Dude can flat out build a successful football organization, and in short order. SDSU. Stanford. San Fran. Michigan.

He didn't leave Michigan as much as he left the NCAA and B1G admin bodies. I wouldn't trust them either.

He hired Don Ye (NFL super agent) at the beginning of the 2023. The writing was absolutely on the wall.

• Haha
Reactions: WhatsIt2Ya and 2D_
Everyone thinking it's wild he'd leave his Alma Mater.

Consider he is hyper competitive and his older brother has a super bowl victory while he doesn't. I don't care what even the most hardened Michigan Homer could possibly say, accomplishments in the NFL are more prestigious than anything at Michigan.

Plus, I assume his competitive nature would also drive him to want to compete at the highest level.

I'm not saying something coming from the NCAA is a non factor, but before any scandal I always assumed he'd leave for the above reasons eventually.
That's what I am thinking too, he's got the NCAA title, now to go for a Super Bowl title. Only 3 coaches have won both.

Like when he went to Stanford and took them from 1-11 to 12-1 in three seasons with the most rigorous of admission standards in the country?

Dude can flat out build a successful football organization, and in short order. SDSU. Stanford. San Fran. Michigan.

He didn't leave Michigan as much as he left the NCAA and B1G admin bodies. I wouldn't trust them either.

He hired Don Ye (NFL super agent) at the beginning of the 2023. The writing was absolutely on the wall.
It's funny that 2D makes such an ignorant comment and then when people call him out for just an absolutely terrible take, all he can do is respond with laughing emoji? Is this a new name for polesmokinherky?? I can't stand Jim Harbaugh but to act like is only good because of Michigan talent is absurd. I'm sure glad he is gone from the B10.

It's funny that 2D makes such an ignorant comment and then when people call him out for just an absolutely terrible take, all he can do is respond with laughing emoji? Is this a new name for polesmokinherky?? I can't stand Jim Harbaugh but to act like is only good because of Michigan talent is absurd. I'm sure glad he is gone from the B10.
Cope and seethe cocksucker.

So did USC, Kansas, and UNC for decades. Seems to me they all are enjoying their national championships.

Makes you wonder about others that got away with it.

Nobody cares.
Forgot to mention - he also eats boogers

Last edited:
Yep, he has the chance to finally build a proven dynasty at his alma mater and then leaves? Michigan is a destination job and he's one of their own proudly.

Something is awry. I'm thinking he knows there is something coming down in the future.
He's got 5 years to win a Super Bowl and retire - which would mean he would have accomplished just about everything that any coach would ever want to accomplish

Reactions: kkhawk and ozzie8

Jim Harbaugh did not build the football organizations at SF and Michigan.

• Haha
Reactions: PIEPI
I sure wish I had the time to go searching through his board's history and find the many Michigan fans who came here to assure us that JH would coach at Michigan forever, and that anyone who thought he wanted to go back to the NFL at any time was a total moron.

B1G champs three years in a row. National champs this year. Cheating scandal that could eventually cost him his job if he stayed. Beautiful climate in Los Angeles without the drama and headaches of recruiting, NIL, transfer portal. Was a no brainer to jump.
LA is a dump at this point.

They won't replicate Michigan's last few years. They won't get the assistant coaches like came to be with Khaki pants.
Agree 100%.

I'm assuming that he takes Minter with him, who already has NFL experience under John Harbaugh.

Michigan will have at least 13 dudes drafted this year. Another 5 or so will be UFAs. That was a very experienced, mature football team.

Going to see some slippage.

Harbaugh is a disruptor, and that is difficult if not impossible to replicate.

Reactions: kkhawk
I sure wish I had the time to go searching through his board's history and find the many Michigan fans who came here to assure us that JH would coach at Michigan forever, and that anyone who thought he wanted to go back to the NFL at any time was a total moron.
I think you'd find it was mostly umich fans saying he'd last more than 4 years (back towards the beginning of his tenure). The narrative, amongst opposing fans, was Harbaugh had always been a mercenary and never lasted more than 4/5 years at a place whether by his choice or the organizations'.

There is something we knew back then: When we hired JH, we had an interim AD who was specifically brought in because of his relationship with Harbaugh...his job description was basically one sentence: "Go get Jim." During negotiations Harbaugh made it clear he was not done with the NFL, would give Michigan 8 years and then go back.

It is a story many of us heard and knew to be true....thus we scoffed a little bit when it was suggested he wouldn't stay more than 4. Guess what? He gave us 9.

Now if you want to claim that we were hopeful he would change his mind and never go back...yeah of course...as we approached year 8 things were really getting rolling...but we knew it could end at any moment....

I think you'd find it was mostly umich fans saying he'd last more than 4 years (back towards the beginning of his tenure). The narrative, amongst opposing fans, was Harbaugh had always been a mercenary and never lasted more than 4/5 years at a place whether by his choice or the organizations'.

There is something we knew back then: When we hired JH, we had an interim AD who was specifically brought in because of his relationship with Harbaugh...his job description was basically one sentence: "Go get Jim." During negotiations Harbaugh made it clear he was not done with the NFL, would give Michigan 8 years and then go back.

It is a story many of us heard and knew to be true....thus we scoffed a little bit when it was suggested he wouldn't stay more than 4. Guess what? He gave us 9.

Now if you want to claim that we were hopeful he would change his mind and never go back...yeah of course...as we approached year 8 things were really getting rolling...but we knew it could end at any moment....
I think the mercenary tag put on Harbaugh is a bit extreme and overblown.

He made natural and successful progressions from SDSU to Stanford to San Francisco.

At San Fran, he absolutely butted heads with Trent Baalke in a quest for more control/power and ended up in a perfectly timed move to Michigan.

Jim is a tough, smart guy who proved he has vision and could stick it out. He swallowed his pride and took a financial hit midstream. It took a bit more time at Michigan to build back a winner, but paid off in spades.

It makes complete sense that he's leaving now and seeking to become the only coach ever to win a National Title and Super Bowl Championship.

He's in a great spot with the Chargers and am looking forward to watching them in the future.

Reactions: ellobo
As a Charger fan, I was hoping Hairball would go to the Raiders. It would be very easy to transfer my hatred.

It makes complete sense that he's leaving now and seeking to become the only coach ever to win a National Title and Super Bowl Championship.
jj123.gif

s-l1200.webp

giphy.gif

Whoops! LOL :)

PS. Switzer doesn't count. That was Jimmy's team.
Switzer, Ditka and Madden have something in common - They coached absolutely dominant teams to a Super Bowl victory, but not being able to win more than one with what they had has to be looked at as a failure.

San Fran hadn't been to a Super Bowl since 1995. Harbaugh got them there in 3 years (2013).

Michigan hadn't won a B1G title since 2004 (split with Iowa). Harbaugh won three in a row and a Natty

Harbaugh builds winning programs. Boogers and all.
Agree. He is a winner. Michigan has over 1000 wins. Harbaugh didn't build that organization. The 49ers have won five superbowls. Harbaugh didn't build that organization. In fact, Harbaugh choked big time in the Superbowl he was in.

Agree. He is a winner. Michigan has over 1000 wins. Harbaugh didn't build that organization. The 49ers have won five superbowls. Harbaugh didn't build that organization. In fact, Harbaugh choked big time in the Superbowl he was in.
In the eight years prior to Harbaugh arriving in San Fransisco, the records were as follows (beginning in 2003):

7-9
2-14
4-12
7-9
5-11
7-9
8-8
6-10

In Harbaugh's first 3 years as an NFL coach, with the 49ers, the records were:

13-3
11-4-1 (Super Bowl)
12-4

Yes, he built back up a proud but struggling organization.

Or maybe we should credit GM Trent Baalke, who has since moved on and is doing a great job of screwing up the Jaguars.

In the eight years prior to Harbaugh arriving in San Fransisco, the records were as follows (beginning in 2003):

7-9
2-14
4-12
7-9
5-11
7-9
8-8
6-10

In Harbaugh's first 3 years as an NFL coach, with the 49ers, the records were:

13-3
11-4-1 (Super Bowl)
12-4

Yes, he built back up a proud but struggling organization.

Or maybe we should credit GM Trent Baalke, who has since moved on and is doing a great job of screwing up the Jaguars.
Just stop. He's a great coach. Harbaugh didn't build the Michigan and SF 49ers organizations. JFC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT