ADVERTISEMENT

57KG Olympic Trials!!! WOW

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem
Grip must prefer the company of men - not that there’s anything wrong with that 😉

Micic’s world title was not watered down at all. You may be thinking of Gilmans, but Micic’s was far from it - his was as stacked as it gets
ok it was not watered down, but it was not stacked with the best at their best although I should not take anything away from his accomplishment. He still would not be top 3 this year for the US, and fortunately for me time will prove this shortly.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: wrestlecrazy
I don't understand the animosity about American wrestlers going to other countries for the Olympics. It creates better competition and hopefully will help grow the sport. If Micic, RBY, etc can do well and inspire kids watching the Olympics in those countries to get into wrestling, that would be awesome. (And every once in while, pipe dreams come true.)
Who cares if other countries get better at wrestling? Not me, I want the USA better and the rest can figure it out themselves.

I believe we see maybe the toughest/strongest Spencer we have seen yet. Hopefully I am right because that is what it will take to make the team,
This Speculation is also based on freestyle which is Spencer better style imo

I wish I could be so optimistic. What I’ve seen so far doesn’t look anything like 2019/20 Spencer, who was mauling everyone in folk and free.

i wish there were more olympic weight classes then more of these guys could wrestle usa.i am not bothered by rby wrestling for mexico, but the michigan bunch chaps my a$$ and i don't know why. maybe because being from arizona he is at least close to the country that he will compete for.

i told you all months ago he was too big and needed to go 65kg but was told i was wrong. they wanted him and yianni to go separate weights even though it wasn’t the best thing

He's not big enough for 65. For comparison - Yianni comes down from 165. His biggest issue was that the cut exacerbated his very real injury. He can't do both.

Micic’s world title was not watered down at all. You may be thinking of Gilmans, but Micic’s was far from it - his was as stacked as it gets

ok it was not watered down, but it was not stacked with the best at their best although I should not take anything away from his accomplishment. He still would not be top 3 this year for the US, and fortunately for me time will prove this shortly.

1) 57 - and all the olympic weights were the toughest you will ever see them. Qualifying the weight basically puts you in the Olympics for every other country.

2) Micic didn't have to make weight. So there's that.

Reactions: Grip220
He's not big enough for 65. For comparison - Yianni comes down from 165. His biggest issue was that the cut exacerbated his very real injury. He can't do both.

no shit. he spent the last year trying to get down to 57kg. if he didn’t he might not be too small for 65kg.

also he has been depleted no wonder he’s banged up that tends to happen more when sucking a bunch of weight

no shit. he spent the last year trying to get down to 57kg. if he didn’t he might not be too small for 65kg.

also he has been depleted no wonder he’s banged up that tends to happen more when sucking a bunch of weight
He hasn't spent the year getting down to 57. He's just not that big of a person. He doesn't cut much to make 133. But he's a lean dude.

He got banged up, because he got banged up. He wasn't "sucking a bunch of weight" when it happened.

Reactions: el dub
He hasn't spent the year getting down to 57. He's just not that big of a person. He doesn't cut much to make 133. But he's a lean dude.

He got banged up, because he got banged up. He wasn't "sucking a bunch of weight" when it happened.

that is just plain wrong. he has been working hard to make 133 and keep his body small enough to make 57. if he would have went 141 this year and allowed his body to grow naturally he would have filled out.

he can’t make 57 even with a bye to the semis to allow for a big pull. let that sink in

that is just plain wrong. he has been working hard to make 133 and keep his body small enough to make 57. if he would have went 141 this year and allowed his body to grow naturally he would have filled out.

he can’t make 57 even with a bye to the semis to allow for a big pull. let that sink in

you literally have no idea what you’re talking about. He’s full grown. He’s not going to turn into a meathead.

But hey, I guess you have a plan?

• Haha
Reactions: eb05
November 12, 2023

after watching that it’s my opinion there is no way vito will be able to get down to 57kg and be effective. it looks like the cut to 133 is not easy anymore

Weight is fine. He got out-folked. Crookham is damn good and a nightmare matchup. Strong and flexible and some really good scrambling ability.

He just took it for granted how hard folk is (and how much harder is to score) - and tiring.

glad the weight is fine

Reactions: vhsalum
so what does everyone think about the jax forrest/gilman matchup? i could see it going two ways, one gilman bullies him or two the young buck’s length and gas tank make it a very close one

so what does everyone think about the jax forrest/gilman matchup? i could see it going two ways, one gilman bullies him or two the young buck’s length and gas tank make it a very close one
i’m think gilman probably bullies him, but we haven’t seen much of gilman the last two years and if forrest can somewhat hold up physically against an aging gilman on a huge cut, watch out. gilman is a bad scrambler. gets away with it because he’s so strong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT