ADVERTISEMENT

Cade McNamara News & Updates.

yea.. if he is out.. it is possible that he could dress up, but as a precaution, he sits out..
then, of course, worst case scenario... we need him in there.

hopefully it doesn't get to that... but I am of the belief that Utah State is a helluva football program... and this game very well could be tight.

Sat, Sep 4, 2021 Utah State @ Washington State 26-23

Washington State was only able to score 23 points... on their home field... against Utah State... so begs the question... does Iowa have a better offense than Washington State?

Sat, Dec 18, 2021 Utah State vs Oregon State 24-13

again, Oregon State scores only 13 points against Utah State
does Iowa have a better offense than Oregon State?

why are you going back to games from 2021?

shouldn't we be discussing who they have returning for 2023?

why are you going back to games from 2021?

shouldn't we be discussing who they have returning for 2023?
well yea... that's fair... like I've said before... I heard Utah State received something like 14 Power Five transfers for this upcoming season... and when you see the results they got in 2021... you know they got great coaches and a helluva football program over there..

that's why I expect a very tight game.

well yea... that's fair... like I've said before... I heard Utah State received something like 14 Power Five transfers for this upcoming season... and when you see the results they got in 2021... you know they got great coaches and a helluva football program over there..

You must have missed Packer's post; they lost both coordinators from last season. And last year's DC oversaw a defense that gave up 405 points in 13 games (31.2 ppg given up)

A snippet I picked up.........Utah State came out of nowhere to win the conference in its first season under Blake Anderson but regression hit the Aggies hard last fall as they fell from 11 to six wins amid a rash of quarterback injuries. Cooper Legas is back at QB, but USU was hit very hard by the transfer portal and graduation. USU may take another step back before it begins to ascend toward the top of the conference again. They are a uptempo offense, and apparently a good QB and RB. I like that their strength is going against ours and we will have 8 d-lineman rotating on what looks to be a warm day coming up. Out of their conference meeting the odds have them at finishing 9th in a 12 team conference. Side note after last season they lost their D-coordinator and their O-coordinator. Head coach will call the plays. Defense gave up 405 points in 2022 in 13 games.

If Utah State keeps it within 10, we aren’t as good as we should be

• Haha
Reactions: PoleSmokinHerkyFan

I believe only 2 were P5 transfers. Not saying the others can’t play good ball but it doesn’t feel like they loaded up with proven talent at a higher level. Guess we will see.
Edit. The 2 P5 guys I’m referencing are in their starting line up. I did not look at all the 2 and 3 deep in all fairness but quite a few CC and small school guys.
They were really hit hard is portal and graduation.

• Haha

That is inaccurate, recheck your transfer data

• Wow
yeah, with or without Cade, this should be a comfortable win.

key words: Should be
Correct. Sometimes first games can be wonky and we have seen that in the past. Hope the crowd is in it early and often. Take them out of the game early. Give them zero hope/confidence.

Reactions: Franisdaman

It absolutely should not be a tight game.

yeah, with or without Cade, this should be a comfortable win.

key words: Should be
Agree!

Personally, I'm excited to see what new wrinkles Kirk and Brian have come up with for the offence. I think Hawk fans will be pleasantly surprised.

Assuming we get Cade back, of course.

I believe only 2 were P5 transfers. Not saying the others can’t play good ball but it doesn’t feel like they loaded up with proven talent at a higher level. Guess we will see.
Edit. The 2 P5 guys I’m referencing are in their starting line up. I did not look at all the 2 and 3 deep in all fairness but quite a few CC and small school guys.
They were really hit hard is portal and graduation.
13 four year Transfers
more than 50 transfers and recruits (first year players)

at least 6 Power Five Transfers from Wisconsin Colorado Arizona State Oregon BYU and Stanford

they got studs on that team... future NFL types... and All Americans

in 2022 they got off to a slow start but then won 5 out of 6 games before dropping their last two games.

in 2021 Utah State was picked to finish 8th in their conference.. just like this season..
they ended up going 11-3 and winning the Mountain West Conference.

they play fast fast... most teams can't keep up with their pace.

you all are gonna be piss*n your pants by the end of the first quarter
just remember.. I told you so

• Haha
Reactions: GHawk and 83Hawk
13 four year Transfers

at least 6 Power Five Transfers from Wisconsin Colorado Arizona State Oregon BYU and Stanford

in 2022 they got off to a slow start but then won 5 out of 6 games before dropping their last two games.

in 2021 Utah State was picked to finish 8th in their conference.. just like this season..

Making excuses already?

Why can't you be more supportive of the Hawks? Your negativity is going to hurt the team.

13 four year Transfers

Good Lord. "they got studs. and All Americans". Really? And 50 new players and two new coordinators. First game is at Kinnick. Good Luck.....

we already seen a G5 team make the Playoffs... Utah State might be the next.
Cmon. Are you trying to be the biggest troll on here? There's only been like 6 or 7 teams of the top 20 P5 teams ever get in the playoffs and now its going to be Utah State? I'll take some of that action if your wagering....

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
Agree!

Personally, I'm excited to see what new wrinkles Kirk and Brian have come up with for the offence. I think Hawk fans will be pleasantly surprised.

Assuming we get Cade back, of course.

Look who's back at practice... :)

F4efIApXgAAZ0MN

F4efNbfXUAAK6Ob

13 four year Transfers

I highly doubt I’ll be pissing in my pants.

Here is where the 2 deep transfers are from and position. Keep in mind that some of the 2nd string guys are behind other transfers on the first string. Also, the Colorado transfers are understandable since the coach ran them off. Lastly the Wisconsin transfer is listed as 3rd string. Again, can some of these guys be really good? I guess but it does not look like murderers row. Lastly...this is a CRAP LOAD of transfers (You should see the 3rd string as well). All of these guys and a new OC and DC is a tough turnaround.

Starters:
WR Georgia Military College
WR Ventura College
LT Iowa Western CC
DE American River College
LB Washington
SS Arkansas St.
S. Arkansas St
PK NMMI

2nd string
WR Colorado
WR Stanford