ADVERTISEMENT

Cade McNamara News & Updates.

well yea... that's fair... like I've said before... I heard Utah State received something like 14 Power Five transfers for this upcoming season... and when you see the results they got in 2021... you know they got great coaches and a helluva football program over there..

that's why I expect a very tight game.
Well we have same coach who beat them
In 02’ and we got 8 transfers so that equals Iowa W.

Utah St has been average over the past 6-7 years. They were pretty good in 2021 but not as much last year. Iowa needs to play really good football to beat them by double digits.

I am hoping Iowa plays super for about a 24-28 point win. Kirk hardly runs it up into the 50-60 point range unless the opponent just doesnt tackle.

• Haha
Reactions: PoleSmokinHerkyFan
well yea... that's fair... like I've said before... I heard Utah State received something like 14 Power Five transfers for this upcoming season... and when you see the results they got in 2021... you know they got great coaches and a helluva football program over there..

that's why I expect a very tight game.
It’s gonna be a murder. Someone dial 911 by 3rd quarter.

Probably because I'm not trolling. Have you ever been to a game and listened to what is said in the stands? Are they all trolling too?
Many games. Some people are just miserable. I like to think that a bunch of college kids playing a game shouldn't make grownups so grumpy. I'm not a roses and sunshine person either. But Iowa football doesn't make me call other people Corky (retarded) on an anonymous message board. I actually don't care about your opinion one way or another. But internet tough guy calling people names? Hey, if that's what you want to do, you do you. I'm done.

I would rather be old than dense and aspiring toward and constantly defending mediocrity.

There are around 132 FBS college Fball teams and we have been in the top 25 by winning percentage for about 40 years with 2 coaches… 16th in the last 10 years…

If that’s mediocre, then we are trending the right direction….you on the other hand are not!!

yea... who knows, right ?
but I thought I heard they got 13 Power Five transfers coming in this season and they obviously have very good coaches... I expect a good game.
Thought I read that they have all new coordinators, so how would you know if they have “very good coaches”?

This game will all come down to how much of the playbook that KF/BF want to open up on offense. First of all, barring a turnover/special teams disparity, Utah St. will have a very difficult time scoring on this defense. Our DL is so big and so deep that they will dominate the LOS. The USU starting QB is 6'1", not short but not tall, so watch for a a bunch of tipped passes because I will assume they will try to attack our LB'ers as they are the most unproven unit. Going after Cooper, X, and Schulte, and probably Harris as well, will not work out for them so I can see them trying to get to the middle with crossing patterns and running the QB. Don't see it happening. I will be surprised if they score 10 points offensively.

Now as far as us goes, I think it depends on how much of Cade do they want to show off, that is assuming he plays. If they allow him to run some that will open up all levels and will make us very difficult to defend. I will assume they will come out and play us with some sort of cover 2 look, trying to match up underneath and let the 2 high safeties take anything over the top while the DL holds the LOS and generates a pass rush. However, with Cade, someone that will make better decisions, has an arm to all levels and can create space and take off if he needs to, that is going to add such an additional element to the offense, allow so many more plays to be called and make us very difficult to defends.

I think this one is over early, I think we pressure them into some early interceptions and we squeeze the life out of them from then on out and get all the starters some reps but plenty of rest.

Reactions: 83Hawk
There are around 132 FBS college Fball teams and we have been in the top 25 by winning percentage for about 40 years with 2 coaches… 16th in the last 10 years…

If that’s mediocre, then we are trending the right direction….you on the other hand are not!!
There's one winner and everyone else is a loser............................

Reactions: BustingNarratives
There's one winner and everyone else is a loser............................

SelfreliantVibrantAntlion-max-1mb.gif

Ok…I’m sure the Utah State play-by-play guy isn’t biased at all. 😜
No kidding I've heard how many times the past decade plus on the radio John Walters talk about ISU. You'd think he's the play by play guy or making preseason predictions for OSU or Michigan with the way he's talking about all the talent they have and how great they are going to be for the up coming season.

Reactions: dogs rule
This game will all come down to how much of the playbook that KF/BF want to open up on offense. First of all, barring a turnover/special teams disparity, Utah St. will have a very difficult time scoring on this defense. Our DL is so big and so deep that they will dominate the LOS. The USU starting QB is 6'1", not short but not tall, so watch for a a bunch of tipped passes because I will assume they will try to attack our LB'ers as they are the most unproven unit. Going after Cooper, X, and Schulte, and probably Harris as well, will not work out for them so I can see them trying to get to the middle with crossing patterns and running the QB. Don't see it happening. I will be surprised if they score 10 points offensively.

Now as far as us goes, I think it depends on how much of Cade do they want to show off, that is assuming he plays. If they allow him to run some that will open up all levels and will make us very difficult to defend. I will assume they will come out and play us with some sort of cover 2 look, trying to match up underneath and let the 2 high safeties take anything over the top while the DL holds the LOS and generates a pass rush. However, with Cade, someone that will make better decisions, has an arm to all levels and can create space and take off if he needs to, that is going to add such an additional element to the offense, allow so many more plays to be called and make us very difficult to defends.

I think this one is over early, I think we pressure them into some early interceptions and we squeeze the life out of them from then on out and get all the starters some reps but plenty of rest.
"Going after Cooper, X, and Schulte, and probably Harris"

Trent Condon says 2 of these guys are gonna be suspended... hopefully we find out today who 2 of the 4 are.

I gotta plead dumb on this... I was thinking the 2 that have yet to mentioned were Jack Johnson and Aaron Blom

"Going after Cooper, X, and Schulte, and probably Harris"

Trent Condon says 2 of these guys are gonna be suspended... hopefully we find out today who 2 of the 4 are.

I gotta plead dumb on this... I was thinking the 2 that have yet to mentioned were Jack Johnson and Aaron Blom
Wow, that is the first I heard that 2 of those 4 are going to be suspended. Man that sucks if it is true.

Reactions: F5n5
Utah St has been average over the past 6-7 years. They were pretty good in 2021 but not as much last year. Iowa needs to play really good football to beat them by double digits.

I am hoping Iowa plays super for about a 24-28 point win. Kirk hardly runs it up into the 50-60 point range unless the opponent just doesnt tackle.
I dont know with his Kids metrics to score more points he may run it up to help with the 25pt a game bench mark.

It's gonna be a grinder game. Hot and humid. Big boys just gonna run block and blow them off the ball.

If Deshaun Lee has to start for JH, he should do just fine. I am sure there will be some rookie mistakes, but he looked great in the open practice. I think he is the next Phil Parker cinderella story.

Reactions: nu2u
If Deshaun Lee has to start for JH, he should do just fine. I am sure there will be some rookie mistakes, but he looked great in the open practice. I think he is the next Phil Parker cinderella story.
It would be disappointing if JH was suspended since he has already experienced this before right as a season is to begin.

Reactions: cmhawks99
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT