ADVERTISEMENT

Cade McNamara News & Updates.

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Nice story on Cade McNamara. Some fun tidbits:

He expects to be 100% by the end of spring practice in late April.

He has two years of eligibility and is non-committal about whether he would use both.

He expects to win a B1G Championship. It's not just a goal; it's an expectation.

He’s already in Phil Parker’s ear about letting Cooper DeJean dabble on offense. “An absolute freak of nature. Our first week, we all went and shot some hoops. This dude is throwing down (dunks) lightly. His head’s above the rim and I’m just like, ‘What the heck is going on?’”

He attended the men's game vs MSU and the women's game vs IU. “I was there when Caitlin hit that shot. That was one of the coolest experiences I’ve ever been in in terms of a college event. She’s an absolute beast.”

The Full Story:

Last edited:
Some fun tidbits:

He has two years of eligibility and is non-committal about whether he would use both.

He expects to win a B1G Championship. It's not just a goal; it's an expectation.

He’s already in Phil Parker’s ear about letting Cooper DeJean dabble on offense. “An absolute freak of nature. Our first week, we all went and shot some hoops. This dude is throwing down (dunks) lightly. His head’s above the rim and I’m just like, ‘What the heck is going on?’”

He attended the men's game vs MSU and the women's game vs IU. “I was there when Caitlin hit that shot. That was one of the coolest experiences I’ve ever been in in terms of a college event. She’s an absolute beast.”

The Full Story:

Fran- you are the MAN… bringing us great stuff - sure you aren’t Santa Claus? Keep up the great work and you should be working for this new gig here… bless you good buddy!

Some fun tidbits:

The Full Story:

Thanks!!

Some fun tidbits:

The Full Story:

Thanks for posting the article, Fran! Was just reading this yesterday and thought it was a great article to post on here

Reactions: Franisdaman
Some fun tidbits:

The Full Story:

This kid clearly already likes being an Iowa Hawkeye

It was suggested many times to try DeJean on offense last year when the offense was struggling to do anything, and Kirk ignored those calls all the way to the bitter end. If they actually do it this year and it works, it's going to be a huge wtf moment. Stanford had Christian McCaffery and rode him like a horse all season everywhere they could.

Reactions: pmtdc and Mohawkeye
It was suggested many times to try DeJean on offense last year when the offense was struggling to do anything, and Kirk ignored those calls all the way to the bitter end. If they actually do it this year and it works, it's going to be a huge wtf moment. Stanford had Christian McCaffery and rode him like a horse all season everywhere they could.

Great comparison, a generational offensive player vs a generational Defensive player!

Reactions: ClarindaA's
They're both athletic freaks. The only reason DeJean is on defense is because he's more likely to be drafted there and we already had wide receivers with seniority over him. Like, do you really think Brody Brecht and Ragaini are better at WR than Cooper would be? Can they run and jump and change direction like Cooper? No. And that's why Cooper has more touchdowns than either of them despite playing defense where no one is even trying to throw the ball to him.

Reactions: pmtdc
A lot of talk right now.

7fc00e7c-62c0-47d5-bab6-316c69115b96_text.gif

Being saying for two years they should work in 4 or 5 plays a game for Cooper. A couple of Wildcat QB plays, maye a couple of receiver plays and even a half back a couple of plays. He'd be a good half back option thrower.

They worry about how many snaps he gets being on punt returns and coverage besides playing every defensive down. Now that we hace an offense that can get some drives and Cooper won't be playing defense 70% of the game maybe he could get some offensive snaps. Anyone know what his 40 is? He'd have to be pretty fast to stretch the defense with the speed of Anderson on the other side but i think that he is and would be great to see.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
I use to roll my eyes at the posters who wanted Dejean involved in the offense. I've changed my mind. Get him the ball. Come on Kirk.
You obviously never watched him play HS football.

Give him a ball and he has a knack for finding space downfield.

Can't coach that.

Cooper played in our HS conference. The competition is spotty. Aaron Graves. and his teammate Scott also came from our league. But otherwise not many d-1 players matching up with Cooper

He could do it but I fear stretching him too thin.

Reactions: kceasthawk
No way he does it now. If he does and it works it will make KF look bad, and KF doesn’t want to look bad.

Stop. Did McCaffery play most all the snaps on defense, and special teams as well? So your saying that Stanford should have been running him out there on defense as well right? Jees, what idiots they were...

really really hope the guy's confidence is justified and he will back it all up on the field.
So hey man...

When he was recruited, from HS, he almost was an after thought...which is weird because he was a solid 4*...committed to Notre Dame early as their top choice before decommiting and committing to my Wolverines after we missed out on our top few targets.

When he came in not much was expected of him from fans. We had (waiting in the wings) a top 50 in the nation former recruit and a 4* who was considered raw but had uber talent...the comparison was Cam Newton...not just Michigan media but national (just so I don't sound sensational he was Michigan's starter in the first part of 2020...transfered to Tennessee and started over whatever his name is who almost won the Heisman last year...before losing his job because he is a combine/practice warior and will be UT's starting QB as he's now in his covid 6th year.

So back to Cade...the after thought. I start hearing rumblings, from people who actually have real access to our program and were at Michigan when I was, that this McNamara kid hasn't exactly accepted the fact he wasn't as talented, that he was brought in for depth and he would never be the starter. In fact, he shows he is the guy who has the best grasp of the O.

Sooo.........

The covid year starts and the top 50 guy leaves because the project future Cam Newton beats him out...future Cam has a great first game but after looks like coach BF got in his ear and all of sudden forgets how to play...

Enter Cade...he shows a bunch of moxie (Michigan fans dance for joy because this kid just plays football...I mean he is making throws that are a relief because of how natural and fluid it is)...then he starts his first game and gets hurt...before he can come back...Michigan shuts things down because of covid.

So the next year, 2021, he gets named the starter. Not much fan fair because we were terrible the year before...alot of covid crap inside the program...but certain guys, especially Cade, Pulled things together and leads Michigan to a B10 title and a win over tOSU.

That's what you are getting with Cade. A kid who says...you don't expect me to be a starter....fu I will...we can't beat our our rival? Fu just did that

And then he gets beat out by a guy with better skills...which is why he is at Iowa
Enjoy him...though I honestly don't think you have the talent (on O) to really see what he can do...kid is a super gamer but limited physically...but also good enough at the college level...won't be surprised if he carries a clip board in the NFL for a few years

Last edited:
Being saying for two years they should work in 4 or 5 plays a game for Cooper. A couple of Wildcat QB plays, maye a couple of receiver plays and even a half back a couple of plays. He'd be a good half back option throwerI have been begging for him to play wildcat exs

They worry about how many snaps he gets being on punt returns and coverage besides playing every defensive down. Now that we hace an offense that can get some drives and Cooper won't be playing defense 70% of the game maybe he could get some offensive snaps. Anyone know what his 40 is? He'd have to be pretty fast to stretch the defense with the speed of Anderson on the other side but i think that he is and would be great to see.
Take him off coverage to give him a blow. I want to see him run wildcat especially in redzone situations. They have to respect his running ability. But he could throw.

So hey man...

When he was recruited, from HS, he almost was an after thought...which is weird because he was a solid 4*...committed to Notre Dame early as their top choice before decommiting and committing to my Wolverines after we missed out on our top few targets.

When he came in not much was expected of him from fans. We had (waiting in the wings) a top 50 in the nation former recruit and a 4* who was considered raw but had uber talent...the comparison was Cam Newton...not just Michigan media but national (just so I don't sound sensational he was Michigan's starter in the first part of 2020...transfered to Tennessee and started over whatever his name is who almost won the Heisman last year...before losing his job because he is a combine/practice warior and will be UT's starting QB as he's now in his covid 6th year.

So back to Cade...the after thought. I start hearing rumblings, from people who actually have real access to our program and were at Michigan when I was, that this McNamara kid hasn't exactly accepted the fact he wasn't as talented, that he was brought in for depth and he would never be the starter. In fact, he shows he is the guy who has the best grasp of the O.

Sooo.........

The covid year starts and the top 50 guy leaves because the project future Cam Newton beats him out...future Cam has a great first game but after looks like coach BF got in his ear and all of sudden forgets how to play...

Enter Cade...he shows a bunch of moxie (Michigan fans dance for joy because this kid just plays football...I mean he is making throws that are a relief because of how natural and fluid it is)...then he starts his first game and gets hurt...before he can come back...Michigan shuts things down because of covid.

So the next year, 2021, he gets named the starter. Not much fan fair because we were terrible the year before...alot of covid crap inside the program...but certain guys, especially Cade, Pulled things together and leads Michigan to a B10 title and a win over tOSU.

That's what you are getting with Cade. A kid who says...you don't expect me to be a starter....fu I will...we can't beat our our rival? Fu just did that

And then he gets beat out by a guy with better skills...which is why he is at Iowa
Enjoy him...though I honestly don't think you have the talent (on O) to really see what he can do...kid is a super gamer but limited physically...but also good enough at the college level...won't be surprised if he carries a clip board in the NFL for a few years
Nice post. Cade will be light years better than Petras. That alone will make this offense so much better. Hope he gives BF the FU attitude when he sends in a turd play and wings it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT