ADVERTISEMENT

Cade McNamara to Iowa

Cade McNamara is an above avg proven qb. But I hope people dont go negative on current or former players.

Petras took a bunch of hard hits and played well enough to help the hawks win a bunch of games making some really good throws. Petras just was not consistent enough.
Spencer did everything asked of him to what I guess is the best of his ability. He didn’t choose who started. He worked his rear end off for Iowa. Everyone can move on from that.

So, really, the thought of getting a medical redshirt probably wont happen since he possibly could have played on it?
I bet they are gonna be much more lenient with that. I also think Cade is probably gone after two years anyway if he plays decent.

I got a pretty good feeling neither Petras nor Padilla are back next year, so if Cade comes, Cade starts. I don't think Kirk would have had dealings with Cade if he had any trust in Labas or thought May was ready. So, IMOP, Cade is day one starter. Now, if Spencer comes back, and I PRAY this does not happen, who knows, but I don't think Kirk wants to go through the media and public back lashing he has taken the past couple years. I think Brian stays, but moves to a position coach if he cannot find an NFL position coaching job.
Cade will start, assuming he’s healthy.

Very happy we got this kid....athletically, he's gifted and a significant upgrade over Petras and Padilla. Watched his highlight reel. He does look quick and mobile but not a running QB. I'm ok with that. Most of the reel was throws where he had good protection and threw to wide open receivers. He does seem to get the ball out quickly. I also saw a number of plays where he threw back shoulder or threw the receiver open. I think this is a critical skill that our QBs were missing. That said, he had really good receivers....fast, good routes, and competed for the ball when they needed to.

Cade looks great on tape...and terrific from a statistical perspective. The Hawks will need serious upgrades to the O Line and WRs....or we'll waste what this kid could give us. It's a start....but we need so much more to fully maximize this QB. We need 2 good WRs and 2 good O linemen for sure. I'd take another TE as well. I think we are OK at RB....Kaleb and Leshon as a 1-2 combo....and I'd like to think we get carries and productivity from Patterson. Harshly speaking...I'm done with Gavin Williams.

Very happy we got this kid....athletically, he's gifted and a significant upgrade over Petras and Padilla. Watched his highlight reel. He does look quick and mobile but not a running QB. I'm ok with that. Most of the reel was throws where he had good protection and threw to wide open receivers. He does seem to get the ball out quickly. I also saw a number of plays where he threw back shoulder or threw the receiver open. I think this is a critical skill that our QBs were missing. That said, he had really good receivers....fast, good routes, and competed for the ball when they needed to.

Cade looks great on tape...and terrific from a statistical perspective. The Hawks will need serious upgrades to the O Line and WRs....or we'll waste what this kid could give us. It's a start....but we need so much more to fully maximize this QB. We need 2 good WRs and 2 good O linemen for sure. I'd take another TE as well. I think we are OK at RB....Kaleb and Leshon as a 1-2 combo....and I'd like to think we get carries and productivity from Patterson. Harshly speaking...I'm done with Gavin Williams.
Hopefully, Patterson sticks around.

Surprised there aren't people on here complaining that KF didn't pick up McNamara in the portal last year

This is a solid get for Iowa. Not the strongest arm but pretty accurate thrower and gives you some quickness on the edge that we don't have now. Lachey should be salivating. Now they just need to grab a couple WRs and things are looking decent.

I also like the fact that he has played in some huge games and played decently when the spotlight was on. Something I felt we lacked the last few years at that position.

McNamara seems to think Iowa is just fine
He has been guaranteed the starting job plus he was given substantial NIL money and it has not been announced yet who will be his coach. Padilla was never given the opportunity to compete for the job.

Last edited:
Reactions: savage84
Another bonus …he might have access to the Michigan playbook …if only some way he could get his hands on a copy

142827.jpg

Last edited:
So what happens in this scenario: 1. Petras arm injury prevents him from playing in the bowl game; 2. Padilla won't play since he is in the portal; 3. Labas or May has a monster game in the bowl game. Would there be a quarterback competition in spring practice or would McNamara be given the job?

So what happens in this scenario: 1. Petras arm injury prevents him from playing in the bowl game; 2. Padilla won't play since he is in the portal; 3. Labas or May has a monster game in the bowl game. Would there be a quarterback competition in spring practice or would McNamara be given the job?
McNamara's job.

Reactions: Section25
Read some Michigan fans' reactions. All note he is a big culture guy that was the driver in turning things around in Michigan. Kirk is probably taking anti-boner pills now. Just to keep it down.

You SUPPOSE there were a few whispers exchanged back when Michigan played Iowa in Iowa City? Kirk did the "how you doin;?" to Cade and slipped him his cell number?

I guess Cade was probably in California rehabbing? That is the weird part. You see stories where he was gone rehabbing elsewhere, but yet they waited on the surgery?

2ph1ul.gif

Last edited:
Why would that ever be considered the best we can hope for? That sounds more like a recurring nightmare.
Why? Because Kirk is making all the calls here and we all know Brian isn't going anywhere because of this. Moving responsibilities around and getting rid of Barnett allowing Brian to coach the O-line/run game. Budmayr coaching QB's and coordinating the passing game is about as exotic as Kirk is going to get.

Why? Because Kirk is making all the calls here and we all know Brian isn't going anywhere because of this. Moving responsibilities around and getting rid of Barnett allowing Brian to coach the O-line/run game. Budmayr coaching QB's and coordinating the passing game is about as exotic as Kirk is going to get.
I’ve seen this pondered. Is there actually legs to any of this theory ?

Hey, Alex Wick and Brecht got open this year and made catches. Receivers get open even against really good defenses but sometimes the problem is the qb is occupied by pass rushers which allow the defense to cover.

I will say that we all have seen how Petras would not see some wide open receivers. I hope Cade is better at that quickly scanning the field because we can have some wide open receivers sometimes.
Vines got open too (some).

Of course, we have TEs too ... so Lachey would be a good target as well.

However, obviously, we're going to need to hit the portal for some WRs ... because we just don't have much depth there ... period!

Vines got open too (some).

Of course, we have TEs too ... so Lachey would be a good target as well.

However, obviously, we're going to need to hit the portal for some WRs ... because we just don't have much depth there ... period!

Correct, and we need starter-types from the portal. If portal WRs can beat out the current guys that would be great and needed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT