ADVERTISEMENT

Cade Sux

ISU has had some good qb’s. Might be time to offer who they offer because our staff can’t figure it out themselves.
If you look st most of the QBs we recruit and get your see some pretty heavy weight schools that offered also. So I gave to think it's coaching and the system itself that is to blame for crummy QB play.

Dude, Cade sucks, Lester sucks and most disappointingly, our defense sucks. F this shit
I thought our offense actually looked good, except for Cade. Receivers were fine. Oline played pretty well, except for the redzone. Tight ends are great but were non existent. Running backs, well KJ, was balling. Cade was just not good. And that’s not on Lester. That’s on Brian and Kirk.

Reactions: GableEdge
Cade’s Strengths - Nothing

Cade’s Weaknesses

Weak to average arm strength

Poor accuracy

No ability to stretch plays with his legs (So many explosive big plays come off of scrambles)

No rushing threat at all! (Much needed in this offense lacking much talent)

Poor decision making and missing wide open receivers (Example the interception and missing Gill wide open in the corner of the end zone.)

If you look st most of the QBs we recruit and get your see some pretty heavy weight schools that offered also. So I gave to think it's coaching and the system itself that is to blame for crummy QB play.
Not the system. Inaccuracy isn’t the system but yeah, coaching them is part of it.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
I thought our offense actually looked good, except for Cade. Receivers were fine. Oline played pretty well, except for the redzone. Tight ends are great but were non existent. Running backs, well KJ, was balling. Cade was just not good. And that’s not on Lester. That’s on Brian and Kirk.
Leaster inserted his head into his own ass, twice, inside the 5.

Don’t put our defense in the same category as our offense. Our defense is good, they had a bad day.
X has always struck me as a good not great player. Especially for his so called "star" ranking. Seems to be slow to react to everything and gets beat more than a 5/4 hell even 3 star player in Iowa's secondary should.

Reactions: wilson reborn
This was where the game was lost. Lester had me believing last week. He lost me...and many others...today. If you had to pick one thing that lost the game, it was his play calling in the red zone.
Exactly. Two trips inside the five and getting 6 points.

Reactions: BonzoFury
This was where the game was lost. Lester had me believing last week. He lost me...and many others...today. If you had to pick one thing that lost the game, it was his play calling in the red zone.

And I've whined about this a million times on this board. Someone convince me that this was not done to give Cade confidence on what I'm sure they thought were layups. Is Cade that mentally soft? It cost us the game.

And I've whined about this a million times on this board. Someone convince me that this was not done to give Cade confidence on what I'm sure they thought were layups. Is Cade that mentally soft? It cost us the game.
The whole "undermine a guy's confidence" angle is such bullshit. If your QB's confidence is that fragile....he doesn't have the stuff to be your starting QB. He's a pussy that will fold under pressure.

Giving the backup some reps should focus your starter even more. You don't think I can do it? Ok, I'll show you how good I am. Good leaders rise to a challenge. They don't melt away from it. I've been challenged a few times in my career...I didn't whine about it. I took it as a wake up call to bring my best game.

What happened to the qb sneak? 5 years ago it was a guaranteed 4 yards. Now it doesn't even exist in the playbook. If QB1 is so fragile you can't attempt it then maybe you need to look elsewhere.

The whole "undermine a guy's confidence" angle is such bullshit. If your QB's confidence is that fragile....he doesn't have the stuff to be your starting QB. He's a pussy that will fold under pressure.

Giving the backup some reps should focus your starter even more. You don't think I can do it? Ok, I'll show you how good I am. Good leaders rise to a challenge. They don't melt away from it.

That's what I'm saying! I think they were trying to get him a TD so bad it cost us. Does he need it that bad? If so, he's toast mentally. On top of that, he's not good physically.

That's what I'm saying! I think they were trying to get him a TD so bad it cost us. Does he need it that bad? If so, he's toast mentally. On top of that, he's not good physically.
I have no doubt he's a good kid. Everything we've seen and heard says so. But a coach's job is to win. Nice guy only goes so far. Maybe it goes too far in the KFz model.

Reactions: Bierhalter
Sullivan will play before him.
I think Lainez has a decent arm from the footage I seen of him in high school. He just needs time as a starter to get comfortable. He has the scrambling and running thing down, which really gives a defense a lot more to think about. We’ve been waiting for an athlete like him at QB for many years. If this cast off from mighty northwestern passes him, he may leave this shit show.

Someone twitter put it best, and I'll paraphrase: Cade looked good because the pieces around him at Michigan lifted him up, along with a better OC and resources. He's an average to below average QB at best.

I'm just counting down the days to James Resar.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
I think Lainez has a decent arm from the footage I seen of him in high school. He just needs time as a starter to get comfortable. He has the scrambling and running thing down, which really gives a defense a lot more to think about. We’ve been waiting for an athlete like him at QB for many years. If this cast off from mighty northwestern passes him, he may leave this shit show.

I don't think you will ever seen Lainez again.

Cade is awful due to an injury that Michigan knew he wasn't likely going to recover from.

3rd year in a row of having the worst QB in the Big
Yep, I literally laughed out loud when he ran for a first down last week and looked like a 45 year old man stomping the ground doing it. Then laughed again when he told the postgame reporter that he felt as healthy as ever. He has scar tissue on both knees and is a shell of his former self.

Reactions: IIowaFarmBoy
I'd really like someone on the staff, current or former, to give an honest answer if it was KF that mandates conservative playcalling or if it was Lester. Hint - it hasn't changed through 4 OC's, get a lead, play not to lose, and KF is the common thread.

I'd really like someone on the staff, current or former, to give an honest answer if it was KF that mandates conservative playcalling or if it was Lester. Hint - it hasn't changed through 4 OC's, get a lead, play not to lose, and KF is the common thread.
It's always been KFz.

Reactions: ddeanHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT