ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Cam

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
wow...

Fox Sports announced it will introduce the “Caitlin Cam” on Saturday when Iowa women’s basketball plays at Maryland. The camera will follow Caitlin Clark around while she’s playing offense and show regular game action while she’s on defense or the bench.

Maybe a little much
Just wait until they start showing her stat line during other games on FOX when Iowa is playing on another network/streaming.

It is just on TikTok, which is the home of little girls, so it should be a smashing success. It's not like the regular broadcast will have this. Think one of the secondary channels during the NCAA football game with home team radio, or Manning-cast.

Last edited:
I think it would be funny if they get a big lead and Bluder sits Clark for a big chunk of the 2nd half. I know Bluder has not been doing this, but she might think about now due to Maryland's rough style of play. And also to line it up so that the record is broken at home against UM rather than at Nebby

I think it would be funny if they get a big lead and Bluder sits Clark for a big chunk of the 2nd half. I know Bluder has not been doing this, but she might think about now due to Maryland's rough style of play. And also to line it up so that the record is broken at home against UM rather than at Nebby
She won't, needs to keep padding her stats

I hope not. We have tickets for Nebber game.

Want to see it go down there!

wow...

Fox Sports announced it will introduce the “Caitlin Cam” on Saturday when Iowa women’s basketball plays at Maryland. The camera will follow Caitlin Clark around while she’s playing offense and show regular game action while she’s on defense or the bench.

I don't watch much of the women and CC, but this seems like a not-so-subtle swipe at her when the opposition has the ball.

The Super Bowl will be introducing field goal beam cams pointing in different directions as well. How exciting...🙄

U think she needs 38 tomorrow minimum to make the game in Lincoln interesting.
If she is close to 35 tomorrow, I think she could possibly get it at Nebraska. I haven't seen Maryland or Penn St play this year. I know Maryland has struggled and Penn St is better this year. Her average against Nebraska is around 35 I think.

I don't watch much of the women and CC, but this seems like a not-so-subtle swipe at her when the opposition has the ball.
Yes, I agree it is obvious you don’t watch the women’s team much.

Caitlin is a not only the best scorer in Women’s BB history, she is the B1G all time leader in assists and a lockdown defender.

Likely the greatest women’s player of all time.

How many other coaches keep their best player on the floor with 30+ point leads with 4 minutes or less in a game. She kept her in the last game to get a double double.
Those heinous sons a b****es!!!

(Daughters of b****es?....I don't know, just doesn't sound the same)

How many other coaches keep their best player on the floor with 30+ point leads with 4 minutes or less in a game. She kept her in the last game to get a double double.
The coaches are just giving her a chance to be the highest scorer in basketball history. Why not? Do you think those other scorers didn't pad stats? I think she should play more in the last 5 min. instead of sitting on the bench..If she played for LSU then she could wear 4" eyelashes and feathers on her uniform! And be bad sports!!

The coaches are just giving her a chance to be the highest scorer in basketball history. Why not? Do you think those other scorers didn't pad stats? I think she should play more in the last 5 min. instead of sitting on the bench..If she played for LSU then she could wear 4" eyelashes and feathers on her uniform! And be bad sports!!
LSU has the greatest FT attempt differential in the country............wonder why.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
it has been happening her entire career, not just this year. A couple of years ago though, if she wasn't on the floor, bad things were going to happen because they didn't have another ball handler.

Reactions: ichawk24
The cam thing is just too creepy. CC won't even be able to pick her nose with privacy.
I totally agree. Can you imagine the reaction if she's caught on camera sitting on the bench scratching her arm pit, or heaven forbid, other body parts! Privacy is definitely an issue.

The ones playing to sell out crowds probably do - not many of those though.

Reactions: ichawk24
I totally agree. Can you imagine the reaction if she's caught on camera sitting on the bench scratching her arm pit, or heaven forbid, other body parts! Privacy is definitely an issue.

It says in the original post that it will only follow her on offense and show game action when on defense or the bench

This is another stupid move by FOX. It just makes fans around the country dislike her even more. Just my opinion.
As has been posted, I believe this is ONLY on their Tiktoc simulcast, and not the FOX you'll see on TV, so if thats the case its not an issue...

Reactions: BGHAWK
She hit your 38. If they win the Nebraska and are up a fair amount, will Bluder let her set the record at home?
The next game would be against Michigan on 2/15. That game is on Peacock. If she is close against Nebby, do you let her go on National TV for the recognition?

Reactions: Moral
Needs 66 right ? Penn State next at home on Thursday, then at Nebraska on Sunday. Can't imagine what that ticket could sell for...

This is another stupid move by FOX. It just makes fans around the country dislike her even more. Just my opinion.
Stupid = Fox. During the game tonight it was all Caitlin , she is great but it is a team game. hardly any graphics showing scoring by other players, just a few times.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT