ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Cam

How many other coaches keep their best player on the floor with 30+ point leads with 4 minutes or less in a game. She kept her in the last game to get a double double.

I see your argument and raise you this. What kind of player sits out due to "load management" when some little kid's parent may not have been able to afford tickets but did for their kid to see their favorite player?
OR
drove from multiple hours away knowing they only have one shot to watch their favorite player?

While I agree that sometimes it's a little much, the crowd is there to watch Caitlin do her thing every single night. Nobody is doing anything illegal by playing more minutes and as the old adage goes "if you don't like it, figure out how to stop it." It's never the other coaches responsibility to make your players feel good about losing.

People talking about her playing too much, she’s the reason ppl tune in. She is what is needed to grow the sport, she’s must see tv when she has the ball. Cherish her playing as much as possible, imagine if Bluder was sitting her. People would go nuts.
Yeah I think the main reason is to give the people who packed the gym at ransom prices a show. They didn’t come to watch her sit on the bench with a comfy lead. Now, I’m not saying the happy byproduct of more stats isn’t a factor, but I believe the main factor is a sense of duty or obligation by her and Bluder.

I see your argument and raise you this. What kind of player sits out due to "load management" when some little kid's parent may not have been able to afford tickets but did for their kid to see their favorite player?
OR
drove from multiple hours away knowing they only have one shot to watch their favorite player?

While I agree that sometimes it's a little much, the crowd is there to watch Caitlin do her thing every single night. Nobody is doing anything illegal by playing more minutes and as the old adage goes "if you don't like it, figure out how to stop it." It's never the other coaches responsibility to make your players feel good about losing.
So, when Clark has 35pts, 8 assists and lets say 7 rebounds with 4 minutes to go in a game that they are up 30+, which has happened. The fans didn't see her put on a show?

Reactions: HawknBadgerLand
So, when Clark has 35pts, 8 assists and lets say 7 rebounds with 4 minutes to go in a game that they are up 30+, which has happened. The fans didn't see her put on a show?

They did. With 3-4 minutes to go Caitlin is out of the game almost every time. It is when she has those numbers that you mentioned with 7 minutes to go that people don't like as well.

Most of the time when she is stat chasing she isn't going after points.

They did. With 3-4 minutes to go Caitlin is out of the game almost every time. It is when she has those numbers that you mentioned with 7 minutes to go that people don't like as well.

Most of the time when she is stat chasing she isn't going after points.
Who is doing the stat chasing, her or Bluder?

This is another stupid move by FOX. It just makes fans around the country dislike her even more. Just my opinion.
LOL that's exactly what they like, either love the person or get maximum hatred for them. Both get views and create conversation.

Reactions: Chuck C
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT