ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin was sick. Molly D was sick.

Heard that clip, thought right away she sounded sick. But she and the team don’t use as an excuse….

Last edited:
Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
I’m going to bow out of this conversation. Maybe she was/is sick. Idk. Was she sick the first 3 qtrs when she was on triple double watch and then it kicked in at the beginning of the 4th qtr? I’m pretty fvcking stupid in a lot of ways, but I am a pretty astute observer. The fourth quarter just smells phishy as fvck to me but oh well, life goes on.

I’m going to bow out of this conversation. Maybe she was/is sick. Idk. Was she sick the first 3 qtrs when she was on triple double watch and then it kicked in at the beginning of the 4th qtr? I’m pretty fvcking stupid in a lot of ways, but I am a pretty astute observer. The fourth quarter just smells phishy as fvck to me but oh well, life goes on.
That just proves how special she is. Sick and still put up 30.

can be both.

Caitlin looked completely gassed in the 4Q. Likely a combination of being a bit sick, using a lot of energy earlier and the constant doubling and physical leaning into her by Nebraska took a toll. Hopefully she can get some rest and regain her strength for the next opportunity to be the amazing player and person she is. We have been treated to a rare moment in time and I really appreciate everything Caitlin has given us as well as the tremendous efforts of her teammates and the Iowa coaching staff.

After Ohio State we blamed the officials post-game, now we blame illness. at some point there has to be a couple fingers pointed inward and someone says "we can't blow 4th quarter leads every other game." this is the 3rd time the last month, and 2 of those resulted in losses. it's a trend at this point. Excuses be damned.

After Ohio State we blamed the officials post-game, now we blame illness. at some point there has to be a couple fingers pointed inward and someone says "we can't blow 4th quarter leads every other game." this is the 3rd time the last month, and 2 of those resulted in losses. it's a trend at this point. Excuses be damned.
The players aren’t blaming anyone but themselves.

I'll have to watch again, but I think the biggest I saw in the 4th wasn't so much CC's lack of scoring. Whether it was being sick and exhausted, trying early to avoid setting the record on the road, or a bit of both, the offense didn't seem to run through her in the 4th. Multiple possessions where she rarely if ever touched the ball, that isn't the Iowa offense.

Might explain her going 0-6 from the field in the 4th qtr.

I was just going to start a thread about why Molly D only played 2 minutes. And how it probably really hurt the hawks. She is some glue out there also.

I was unaware she was ill or hurt but that sure makes sense.

She is the other main dribble drive guard on the team who could consistently penetrate into that zone Nebby was using. She has done it all year with the drives and dishes or making the floaters.

She was sure missed.

Time to get the whole team healthy and make that last regular season title run.

I was just going to start a thread about why Molly D only played 2 minutes. And how it probably really hurt the hawks. She is some glue out there also.

I was unaware she was ill or hurt but that sure makes sense.

She is the other main dribble drive guard on the team who could consistently penetrate into that zone Nebby was using. She has done it all year with the drives and dishes or making the floaters.

She was sure missed.

Time to get the whole team healthy and make that last regular season title run.

I mean, they’re 22-3 and barring a series of losses down the stretch are almost a shoe-in to be a 1 or 2 seed; and a virtual lock to be a top 4 seed and host first two games. Regionals are east/west coast again -forgetting the cities so there’s not a huge geographical advantage to that.

People are freaking out a bit and to some extent there’s reason to be concerned about losing these leads…but at the same time it’s not like we’re losing to poor teams either.

My HS FB coach would call this an "ALIBI IKE."

You either win, or you learn.

Last edited:
I remember during time outs seeing CC taking big drinks of water - not sure if she spit it out or what, but I don't remember that happening in other games. Further evidence she was not well.

I saw her taking a sip of or drinking Gatorade, which really doesn't seem unordinary to me. I guess I never paid that much attention usually.

She felt fantastic!

Until she didn’t apparently. 🤦🏽‍♂️
What is wrong with you children. Do you know how fatigue happens or are you just always in a constant state fatigue so you can’t grasp this ?

Defense have a tendency increase effort when on a run and in 4th. So better defense and increased fatigue to go along with flu symptoms…

Reactions: cmhawks99
What is wrong with you children. Do you know how fatigue happens or are you just always in a constant state fatigue so you can’t grasp this ?

Defense have a tendency increase effort when on a run and in 4th. So better defense and increased fatigue to go along with flu symptoms…
Heck, even when healthy sometimes you just hit a wall…

This is very strange to me that we have one our best women’s teams ever, I assume 22-3 is one of if not the best records to this point in school history; yet after each loss we have had posters acting like the sky is falling.

Yes it’s frustrating that 2x now we’ve had double digit leads in 4th (albeit earlier in quarter) and lost games. That’s concerning and might be our ultimate downfall. But we’ve also looked very impressive in our other games for the most part.

She was exhausted all second half I think. From illness, and the constant mugging from Nebraska players.

Coley (sister of ex Hawk) plowed into her numerous times.

But it was plain bush leagued by Nebraska's Shelly to keep running in front of Hanna while she wasnt looking and flopping....Refs need to stop rewarding that garbage...it's not basketball play, and sucks all the way around. But a program like Nebraska and it's coach seemed to be desperate to find a way to beat Iowa once.

Actually, quite a few Iowa players were sick for the Ohio State game too. Martin, Affolter, Goodman, etc.

Seems to be true. Might be "just" a bad cold, but it can greatly impact your endurance, which is why she played pretty normally much of the game and then hit a wall.

Thought she looked off/sick last game too.

breathing becomes very difficult when trying to play basketball while congested. those of us who like to play basketball at the gym probably would take the day off when all congested. these ladies didn't take the day off.

As noted above, Molly was coughing all game; there's probably a "bug" going around the entire locker room

She was exhausted all second half I think. From illness, and the constant mugging from Nebraska players.

Coley (sister of ex Hawk) plowed into her numerous times.

But it was plain bush leagued by Nebraska's Shelly to keep running in front of Hanna while she wasnt looking and flopping....Refs need to stop rewarding that garbage...it's not basketball play, and sucks all the way around. But a program like Nebraska and it's coach seemed to be desperate to find a way to beat Iowa once.
Among all the Big Ten teams, Nebraska does seem to stand out with such tactics, and bench antics, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT