ADVERTISEMENT

Caldor fire rages - Tahoe starts to evacuate

BelemNole

HR Legend
Mar 29, 2002
Hospital in South Lake evacuated patients last night.
Looks like Sierra at Tahoe Ski Resort has started to burn and the fire is now into the Desolation wilderness.
I don't see anything that will keep it out of the Tahoe Basin with the winds changing overnight. Going to be terrible.

caldor91ir.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: h-hawk
Really sucks. I haven't even been up there yet. Certainly hope it doesn't destroy the beautiful views at the lake.

Just awful. I know a couple of people with vacation homes up in the area. I need to see if they are being affected. Driving up into the mountains from Fort Collins this summer we could see a lot of burn scar and it was awful. Praying they get a lot of rain to help this soon.

Just awful. I know a couple of people with vacation homes up in the area. I need to see if they are being affected. Driving up into the mountains from Fort Collins this summer we could see a lot of burn scar and it was awful. Praying they get a lot of rain to help this soon.
No homes within the basin have been lost yet, but that probably wont' last much longer.

Reactions: 3boysmom
Sorry to hear that. Tahoe is one of those areas I have always wanted to explore. I hope peeps get out early enough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT