ADVERTISEMENT

Can anyone honestly say Kirk is serious about improving the offense?

It's a freaking wide receiver coach. Teams change their wide receiver coaches more often than Ironbird changes his underwear. Do you think our recruiting or on field performance for a wide receivers can get any worse? I say give someone a shot, because they've been in the tank for a while now.

Uh Huh Sure GIF

I think he is like a kid who wants a drink in the night, but is scared of the dark…..so he just sits in his bed, thirsty. When is older brother makes fun of him, Kirk responds by saying he doesn’t need the water, it just makes him pee more.

Dumb analogy, but Kirk is scared of change, and I almost think he’s like some of the dumbasses on here who think high power offense would be bad for our defense.

It's a freaking wide receiver coach. Teams change their wide receiver coaches more often than Ironbird changes his underwear. Do you think our recruiting or on field performance for a wide receivers can get any worse? I say give someone a shot, because they've been in the tank for a while now.
Most teams don’t have the issues we have at wide receiver. Both with a lack of recruiting and coaching. Our new OC should of had the opportunity to bring in someone. This is a very complacent hire and shows a lack of ambition to really turn this offense around.

Do I think it could get worse? No, but I certainly don’t see it getting any better.

Isn’t that what we want? I don’t want to give anyone just a shot. I want someone proven.

KF still doesn’t think anything is wrong with the offense. If it were up to him, BF would be returning for excruciating year #8 as OC and he would be grifting the fan base with his usual “we look forward to working toward continued improvement” malarkey.
We don't know that

No, 92-0 is what’s unacceptable. I don’t know if you’d find a stat like that in the FXL/Commings years.
You mean 0-3?

God forbid Iowa loses to the three best teams it plays. One of them being a national champion. Just unacceptable.

There's a lot a could I say about the type of people who cite the 92-0 thing. None of it is very complimentary

You mean 0-3?

God forbid Iowa loses to the three best teams it plays. One of them being a national champion. Just unacceptable.

There's a lot a could I say about the type of people who cite the 92-0 thing. None of it is very complimentary
It’s the manner which we are losing. What do you suggest we do ranking in the bottom of nearly all major offensive categories for the past 3 years?

I would ignore PPG if we were moving the ball, gaining first downs, controlling the LOS, and having better TOP.

We have been playing with fire for the last 3 years. If I’m the coach of a major college football team, I’m looking at all offensive stats, particularly ours, and demanding from my coaches we do better. Don’t we want to be competitive in those games and not just the Minnesotas and Iowa states??

Huge respect for winning those games the way we did, but enough of this shit. Learn to turn out a respectable product in all 3 phases or step aside and let the next guy get paid millions to try and figure it out.

We don’t need Kirk to be an offensive guru, but we should be able to trust him enough to hire someone who is.

You mean 0-3?

There is nothing complimentary I could say about someone who thinks 92-0 is no big deal. It doesn’t matter how good the 3 teams who literally kicked the Hawks ass were, it would never have happened to the Kirk of 20 years ago. It shows what he has become as his career is nearing an end.

It’s the manner which we are losing. What do you suggest we do ranking in the bottom of nearly all major offensive categories for the past 3 years?

I would ignore PPG if we were moving the ball, gaining first downs, controlling the LOS, and having better TOP.

We have been playing with fire for the last 3 years. If I’m the coach of a major college football team, I’m looking at all offensive stats, particularly ours, and demanding from my coaches we do better. Don’t we want to be competitive in those games and not just the Minnesotas and Iowa states??

Huge respect for winning those games the way we did, but enough of this shit. Learn to turn out a respectable product in all 3 phases or step aside and let the next guy get paid millions to try and figure it out.

We don’t need Kirk to be an offensive guru, but we should be able to trust him enough to hire someone who is.
0-3 is 0-3.

Is a "more competitive manner" supposed to make anybody happy? What, are we ISU?

There is nothing complimentary I could say about someone who thinks 92-0 is no big deal. It doesn’t matter how good the 3 teams who literally kicked the Hawks ass were, it would never have happened to the Kirk of 20 years ago. It shows what he has become as his career is nearing an end.
The 0-3 part of it is a big deal. Whatever the scores happened to be means absolutely nothing.

So a bad offense has to do with the fact that KF is old rather than the fact that some rare circumstances have lead to a weak O-line? You go ahead and keep believing that.

And yes, even 20 years ago, and throughout most of his career, KF has lost to the the best couple of teams on his schedule

Last edited:
Iowa might move from 133 to 127…maybe. Very uninspiring coaching moves and no significant additions to the offense, having Lachey back will be helpful but it will be foolish to count on McNamara, this unit will definitely be in the triple digits. Yawn.

Iowa might move from 133 to 127…maybe. Very uninspiring coaching moves and no significant additions to the offense, having Lachey back will be helpful but it will be foolish to count on McNamara, this unit will definitely be in the triple digits. Yawn.
Does 10 wins make you yawn? That's pretty sad bro.

Proctor and Lachey are SIGNIFICANT additions.

If McNamara can stay healthy, he will be a significant addition.

And if Brian was as bad as everyone says he was, then any OC would be a significant addition.

Sorry for disrupting your depression

What a ****ing joke.

Kirk is either that conceited and giving the Brian naysayers the middle finger or he really is that clueless.

JFC
In response to the original question: No.
You guys honestly think KF isn't interested in improving the offense?

LMFAO. That can't even be a real opinion. A f...ing joke is a much more accurate characterization.

KF has more competitiveness and pride in his fingernail than any of you will ever have.

Talk about clueless

Does 10 wins make you yawn? That's pretty sad bro.

Proctor and Lachey are SIGNIFICANT additions.

If McNamara can stay healthy, he will be a significant addition.

And if Brian was as bad as everyone says he was, then any OC would be a significant addition.

Sorry for disrupting your depression
Bro, my bad on Proctor.

And 0 points against ranked teams doesn’t give me depression, bro, but does seem awfully embarrassing.

Reactions: mustang_hawk
Bro, my bad on Proctor.

And 0 points against ranked teams doesn’t give me depression, bro, but does seem awfully embarrassing.
Pretty much every non-blue blood program in the country is having a hard time finding anything embarrassing about Iowa football

We needed a slam dunk at that position and whiffed completely. I heard somewhere Iowa has only graduated 5 WRs since Tevaun Smith. Let's be 100% honest the 5 includes Brandon Smith and ISM but if they played in the portal era they would have been gone also.

• Wow
Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
You guys honestly think KF isn't interested in improving the offense?

LMFAO. That can't even be a real opinion. A f...ing joke is a much more accurate characterization.

KF has more competitiveness and pride in his fingernail than any of you will ever have.

Talk about clueless
It’s rhetorical, Farley.

Of course in Kirk’s brain Kirk believes he’s serious. The same brain that told him daily Brian is a good OC, or that Deacon Hill is the best option at quarterback, it’s the “outside noise” that doesn’t get it. Yeah, Kirk is serious, which validates the original rhetorical question and…hence—the point.

We needed a slam dunk at that position and whiffed completely. I heard somewhere Iowa has only graduated 5 WRs since Tevaun Smith. Let's be 100% honest the 5 includes Brandon Smith and ISM but if they played in the portal era they would have been gone also.
I'd buy that for a dollar.

Iowa had Copeland for how many years before a change was made?

We thought the offense and QB play couldn't get worse than 2022. I give you 2023.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT