ADVERTISEMENT

Can anyone tell me what exactly the GOP is running on?

Immigration reform...When GWB tried this the Dems killed it

Right to education....WTF does that mean... All children have the right now to a free education for 12 years now but Republicans want to improve performance and give the parents more choices with vouchers. he Dems are beholden to the teachers unions

Right to Vote??? Ya right, what you mean is right to cheat.

Raising the minimum wage...Rather than government fiat, the Republicans would rather foster higher economic growth, there by lowering the labor supply and having the market raise the wage. Its already happening...look around

Reducing the income gap....It got much worse under BHO and if Hillary tries to do it by punishing people at the top it will continue to get worse.

Climate change. Climate change is some thing that is normal for the planet and it will continue with or with out us.

The bottom line for me is Republicans are for empowering people, Democrats are all about empowering the government

aflachawk right to cheat? please expound.

there is no more gop. they are dems. now watch trump - he's entertaining at least
Bill Clinton was possibly the best Republican president since Teddy Roosevelt. Hillary could be another top Republican president.

The idea that those making up the current crop of GOP candidates are really Dems is nutty. Sure, nearly all of them are jokes, but they are YOUR jokes, not my jokes.

Bill Clinton was possibly the best Republican president since Teddy Roosevelt. Hillary could be another top Republican president.

The idea that those making up the current crop of GOP candidates are really Dems is nutty. Sure, nearly all of them are jokes, but they are YOUR jokes, not my jokes.
ok, dem, republican, purple, green, red, light blue, tomato, tomaaato, you are making my point, they are all the same. bill Clinton and ghw are buds. bush jr said bill and he are brothers, so that makes Hillary his sis, or something like that. sis in law maybe. he said something like this recently. the bush and Clinton klan are the same, you call them repubs, I call them dems. whatever. it means nothing any longer.

Nobody corrected aflac on this? Seriously?

It was his own party that scuttled immigration reform. W could have had a deal with the Dems if he could have brought enough from his own party along.

UH no; the democrat party controlled the House by 35 votes in 07,08. democrat party had a working majority in the senate too

UH no; the democrat party controlled the House by 35 votes in 07,08. democrat party had a working majority in the senate too
You seem to be operating under the misapprehension that Dems are good little goose-steppers like Republicans have proved to be so often. Bush and a lot of the Dems were on the same page on immigration - or close enough that a deal was within reach. It wasn't the Dems who scuttled it. It was the anti-immigration Republicans.

You seem to be operating under the misapprehension that Dems are good little goose-steppers like Republicans have proved to be so often. Bush and a lot of the Dems were on the same page on immigration - or close enough that a deal was within reach. It wasn't the Dems who scuttled it. It was the anti-immigration Republicans.

So, you think it's wrong for him to worry about the Dems' goose-stepping. I agree. They're really good at it, no reason to worry about it.

No seriously the rep party is dead. Bunch of racist, stupid, religious idiots. Ha See ya.
I'm too lazy to read thru the entire bunch of posts in this thread, but I will give my .02 on the happenings of this last week. You can essentially put a fork in any of the far right candidates after the Supreme Court rulings recently. If they move to the center... the wingers will either not vote or endorse an unelectable candidate. If they stay far right... you can forget any support from Independants. Translation... Lose/Lose!

I'm too lazy to read thru the entire bunch of posts in this thread, but I will give my .02 on the happenings of this last week. You can essentially put a fork in any of the far right candidates after the Supreme Court rulings recently. If they move to the center... the wingers will either not vote or endorse an unelectable candidate. If they stay far right... you can forget any support from Independants. Translation... Lose/Lose!
or the vast majority of the country applauds them for moving right-because we are mostly a right leaning country and we are hungry for one right winger to appear, Donald trump is proof of this, we need somebody to appear and be fearless and be awesome, I know he's not a real right winger but he's talking a good game, something like this might be the spark we need

I just can't imagine where the GOP is going to gain appeal when they always seem to come down on he wrong side of the social issues. I am of the opinion that there is a fairly large percentage of the voting public that is too stupid and/or ignorant to thoroughly study the top of the ticket candidates.
I firmly disagree that we are a "right leaning" country. The last two general elections certainly don't indicate that. And the beating that the Dems took in 2014 is pretty typical in an off year election where the Prez's party usually loses seats. Since Latinos are increasingly becoming a bigger voting bloc... the GOP will NEVER gain their support and that spells perpetual problems. The tough talk stance of the GOP on immigration is a dagger for Republicans. It sells to the conservatives who live in States bordering Mexico, but no one else cares. I certainly don't buy the rhetoric that Social Security and health care issues will doom America. I view it as nothing more than a scare tactic.

I've been wrong many times in my life. Many times! But if the GOP can't offer up a better Presidential candidate then they have in the last two elections... they have little chance in 2016. They need a moderate. I would vote for Jeb, but his last name will be a problem. Stupid as it may sound...the only GOP I would vote for is Christie.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT