ADVERTISEMENT

Can Iowa find a couple receivers who are hidden gems

The Chiefs rookie Rasheed Rice went to SMU iirc, and there are a ton of these guys who do not play P5 ball but are just great or very good receivers. I hope the recruiters can find just a couple of these guys, freshmen or portal players, who can make a big contribution. It has been been 4+ years since the hawks staff had a clue with respect to how to recruit, develop, and utilize wide receivers.

Next WR coach needs to be a big time salesperson as well as Kirk and the OC selling this program for a chance for newcomers to get a lot of targets
FIFY

He had the only season opening first possession receiving TD of Kirk's coaching career (so far). So indeed you may have been watching different games.
WOW....Impressive! You seem to think that one play/catch makes him a real beast of a WR, right? 11 catches on the season....spectacular.

WOW....Impressive! You seem to think that one play/catch makes him a real beast of a WR, right? 11 catches on the season....spectacular.
I never said that. But kinda hard to forget about the first time something happened in 20 odd years.

Can Iowa find a couple receivers who are hidden gems....​

Sure, but getting them to commit, then sign/enroll at Iowa? That's a a more difficult challenge.

hope the new wr coach is a fan of lacrosse coz i believe the most recent hidden gem wr to play for iowa was scouted on a lacrosse field.

ISM and BS were above avg for Iowa. Iowa has gotten the WR it deserves based upon the offensive strategy employed.

Fingers crossed that KF hires an OC that can put a top 50 Offense on the field (includes recruiting, WR coach, OL coach, QB coach). Unfortunately KF has yet to show (in the past decade) any life in a productive offense.
As long as Phil Parker is here, even a top 75 offense would allow Iowa to challenge for the B1G title each year. A top 50 offense would make us a nightmare for the rest of the league.

Reactions: obfuscating
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT