ADVERTISEMENT

Cassioppi. Does anyone else

Based on what I saw in a match they had against each other, he has a lot of ground to make up. Not a big deal, to me, as GS is lightyears ahead of everybody. Cass is still a potential finalist.

Reactions: TarpHawk
Give him a run? Yep, a few times. Kinda like Sorenson has given his arch nemesis a few runs. But overall, no. GS is the next Snyder type of talent. However, Cass will do a hell of a job and score bonus on nearly everyone else...

Reactions: Dagboi
We need to have GS get involved in the next scandal at U of Minnesota. Cause we all know another one will be coming at some point.

Reactions: TailgateTom
Or hang out with Hawks and get arrested for breaking into garages and cars.
Too bad those guys are all gone now... we could still use the one. Not that one is worse than the other, how many people were actually involved in the drug scandal? Article I read said drug ring and more than a dozen wrestler involved. I don’t remember it being that many.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
Too bad those guys are all gone now... we could still use the one. Not that one is worse than the other, how many people were actually involved in the drug scandal? Article I read said drug ring and more than a dozen wrestler involved. I don’t remember it being that many.

Boy could we ever! :)

When guys like Gross got in trouble. ..got booted from team. When Thorn got in bigger trouble...had to write on blackboard, 100x..." I will never buy/sell/use illegal drugs again."
LOL on the comparison.
I don't support either crimes, I'm just pointing out your Hawkeyes broke into peoples garages and cars AND STOLE! Big issue is your hawkeyes were arrested by the police. No arrests were made or charges pressed in MN. All you can do is speculate from the words of a snitch. Most people approve of how J handled the situation except for a few boneheads like you.

I don't support either crimes, I'm just pointing out your Hawkeyes broke into peoples garages and cars AND STOLE! Big issue is your hawkeyes were arrested by the police. No arrests were made or charges pressed in MN. All you can do is speculate from the words of a snitch. Most people approve of how J handled the situation except for a few boneheads like you.
Speaking of speculate. It would be easy to speculate that with the history of black eyes the athletic department has given to the university of Minnesota one might do all they could to keep this under wraps and prevent it from becoming an even larger embarrassment. Perhaps even failing to alert the proper authorities? I don't know, just speculating.

Reactions: Birky and Gobblin
"Most people approve of how J handled the situation" Except the University of Minnesota's Athletic Director, President and Board of Regents, which represent, in some fashion or another, the state of Minnesota.

So I guess you are calling the University as an institution, it's administration, overseers and the State of Minnesota, "boneheads"? I like it, Welcome aboard Banned. I always took you for an idiot, but in this occasion, I think you have a point.

When J destroys incriminating evidence, it's not difficult to understand why charges were not filed. And, by his actions, it's pretty clear how the AD felt.

Has Sam ever lost to a Minny HWT? I remember him bitch slapping Kroells all over the mat as a freshman.
Was that at the NCAA tournament?....oh wait..How about the following year..did they meet at nationals? oh wait.
I do hope he finishes second this year, though, cause he was born and bred in MN.

When J destroys incriminating evidence, it's not difficult to understand why charges were not filed. And, by his actions, it's pretty clear how the AD felt.

The fact that most Minnesota fans are OK with a university athletic coach destroying criminal evidence and not handing out punishment says a lot about Minny fans and explains a lot about what's gone on in their athletic department over the years.

you're right....what's there not to like about committing a crime and destroying evidence?

In the defense of JRob, it wasn't about giving him a straight up pass for how he handled the evidence, it was about his standing by what he said to obtain the evidence. He told his guys that if they came clean and gave him everything he would stand by them and he did. It doesn't make it right. But, it does make him a man of his word and to many, that means a LOT!

Don't want to talk about your thief Hawk felons caught by popo?
To be factually accurate, none of those boys were actually convicted of anything felonious. They were thoroughly trashed on this board however. Despite the fact that Gross will likely be a multiple time national finalist with some possible titles, the Iowa administration made the right move by releasing him.

In the defense of JRob, it wasn't about giving him a straight up pass for how he handled the evidence, it was about his standing by what he said to obtain the evidence. He told his guys that if they came clean and gave him everything he would stand by them and he did. It doesn't make it right. But, it does make him a man of his word and to many, that means a LOT!
We don't actually want to re-debate this, just want to point out how big a fool Banned really is. It's the only thing Minny has done in the past 10 years, so it's all he's got, don't stoke the flames with legit arguments.

Reactions: so cal hawkfan
We don't actually want to re-debate this, just want to point out how big a fool Banned really is. It's the only thing Minny has done in the past 10 years, so it's all he's got, don't stoke the flames with legit arguments.

Believe me, I get it. I just wanted to stand up a bit for J Rob's integrity. Now, if you want to bash him for how he let that get in the way of doing what was legally required of him, go for it!

you're right....what's there not to like about committing a crime and destroying evidence?
J went through the school's protocol by the book. He made the administration aware and followed the school's safe harbor guidelines.
They're already gone, while Lizak and Thorn are the team leaders! Wierd, huh?
Problem seems to have been fixed. You guys are willingly bringing in a new problem this year who is becoming the team mascot-joker. Weird.
Funny you people razz PSU about a slushfund. How much is PDIII receiving to wrestle for the HWC after this semester? If you can't beat them, join them huh?

Do you realize how bad you have to be for the Minnesota administration home of Dutcher, Mussleman, celebrating Clems cheating, Pitino, football rape to actually draw the line and get rid of you? That school has little to not ethics in their athletic department and they thought that what he did was bad enough to be gone. Like Charles Manson kicking you out of the family for being too despicable. It just doesn't happen very often. The bar is pretty high there.

Looks like U of Iowa has a few more discrimination lawsuits filed against them. How much did you cough up in Meyer case? Kind of sad you discriminate against women and people who don't live the same lifestyle as you.

Do you realize how bad you have to be for the Minnesota administration home of Dutcher, Mussleman, celebrating Clems cheating, Pitino, football rape to actually draw the line and get rid of you? That school has little to not ethics in their athletic department and they thought that what he did was bad enough to be gone. Like Charles Manson kicking you out of the family for being too despicable. It just doesn't happen very often. The bar is pretty high there.
Charles Manson? You've been eating too much cid

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT