ADVERTISEMENT

Charles Jones

OMG
Charlie just put up better numbers against a solid opponent than any of our WR’s will put up all year. But since Purdue’s defense stinks and they lost the game, all is good with Iowa and him being our 4th WR
He also managed to transfer to the only coaching staff worse at clock management than Ferentz. But you're right - he's gonna have a monster year; at least 2x the catches and receiving yards of any WR on Iowa's squad, maybe even the top 2 combined.

Another year and our offense will look exactly like it did 15 years ago....nothing imaginative at all....100 and something out of 120 something offensive ranking...blah, blah, blah. All that's missing is a Fullback as our featured back for four (4) straight years.
And yet, we’ve won more games than 120 other D1 teams…next!!!

Reactions: Ree4 and F5n5
Charlie Jones Statistics:

.........................Last
.......................Season.........Tonight
Catches.............21....................12
Yards...............323..................153
Ave..................15.4.................12.8
TDs......................3......................1

• Wow
Reactions: cm8124
A lot of you cats don’t get it we are fu$&ing tired of your anti-Iowa bullshit!!

leave, go be a fan of Purdue we don’t need your bullshit!!!

Reactions: F5n5
You mean like you were doing for the entire thread?

It's a joke, not a dick, don't take it so hard.
So I was posting, going back and finding my posts and replying to them because I thought my post was accurate??

You're right, I like to reply....to myself....

It's fun.

I always thought he was an exceptional receiver that was underutilized at Iowa. Unfortunately, we have a coach that has a history of being too loyal to less talented quarterbacks and a son that runs a third grade offense. Oh well. At least Purdue lost.

Reactions: mikesright
It is fun, so get your panties out of a wad since I wasn't even talking to or about you when I did it.
Give me a few minutes and I'll find one of my previous posts, smile and hug myself here at home due to how genius it was, then reply to it. Keep an eye out. It'll be glorious.

Hilarious that some of you think that Purdue losing tonight is some kind of "gotcha" moment against those of us rather hacked off that our coaching staff couldn't keep our top WR talent on campus. Iowa is probably going to lose games this year that we could have won had CJ still been playing for us, used properly and making the types of plays that no one else can. If there is anyone out there still wondering why Iowa can't land elite WR talent on the recruiting trail, your question has been answered tonight...

I always thought he was an exceptional receiver that was underutilized at Iowa. Unfortunately, we have a coach that has a history of being too loyal to less talented quarterbacks and a son that runs a third grade offense. Oh well. At least Purdue lost.
Sorry dumb post ... if it was just about stats, WRs could just go and play for air-raid offenses. They'd get plenty of catches that way.

Reactions: Ree4 and unclesammy
He refused to run the ball with 6 minutes left

The team with the worst yards per rushing attempt in college football last year that couldn’t run the ball tonight put the ball in the hands of their best player and you’re questioning that? Just because the end result was a loss doesn’t mean it was the wrong call

Wins against Penn State: 1 - 0

A lot of you cats don’t get it we are fu$&ing tired of your anti-Iowa bullshit!!

leave, go be a fan of Purdue we don’t need your bullshit!!!
You’ve posted 9300+ times, we’ll estimate 10 seconds per post…that comes out to over 26 hours of your life you’ll never get back…maybe take a break. You seem a alarmingly invested in talking to anonymous strangers about a game played by kids.
It is possible to be an Iowa fan and look at Charlie Jones situation objectively and say he was under utilized at Iowa and clearly made the right decision in leaving if his goal was to build his resume and case for playing at the next level. The outcome is a moot point.

Reactions: Ferentzfever

This is going to hurt even more, but 106 of those yards were from Padilla in the Minnesota game. So Petras totaled 217 yards in passes to Jones last year in 12 games. That's 18 yards per game average. 18. EIGHTEEN.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT