ADVERTISEMENT

Charles Jones

Man I do not care if you believe me or not.

I talk trash about how Iowa let's a good player get away and that our offense is garbage and suddenly i'm not a fan or UI grad.

Funny. Seriously.
So Iowa should have tied him up and kept him in a crawl space? Eff him, Charlie is looking out for Charlie, not his teammates or anyone else. I don’t understand everyone’s homoerotic crush for a guy who is essentially a good special teams guy.

Reactions: yrunvs
Lol this thread is gold. If you still can’t figure out why Jones left or you’re still trying to insinuate he was actually the 4th or beyond best WR on the team than there is no point in trying to explain it to you. Good for Charlie, hope he puts up elite numbers all year, except when they play Iowa.

Lol this thread is gold. If you still can’t figure out why Jones left or you’re still trying to insinuate he was actually the 4th or beyond best WR on the team than there is no point in trying to explain it to you. Good for Charlie, hope he puts up elite numbers all year, except when they play Iowa.
You know Brohm is gonna get the ball to Chuck Sizzle and TT as much as possible to stick it up their arses.

This really isn't all that complicated.

Charlie Jones performed well on special teams for Iowa. Was that a function of him being that talented. Or, Iowa special teams executing and him benefiting from that. I'd say a bit of both.

He was a solid WR, made some plays at Iowa and was not the main option in an anemic passing offense. He left so he could be a bigger part of an offense, catch some balls from his buddy and do what is best for Charlie. His right to do so. I say good riddance.

If someone said one receiver, from Iowa, was transferring and it was between A. Bruce, C. Jones and K. Johnson...... I say we made out in that deal. CM is right. If Charlie Jones, all 190 lbs. of him, is your number 1 option? Good luck Purdue.

This really isn't all that complicated.

Charlie Jones performed well on special teams for Iowa. Was that a function of him being that talented. Or, Iowa special teams executing and him benefiting from that. I'd say a bit of both.

He was a solid WR, made some plays at Iowa and was not the main option in an anemic passing offense. He left so he could be a bigger part of an offense, catch some balls from his buddy and do what is best for Charlie. His right to do so. I say good riddance.

If someone said one receiver, from Iowa, was transferring and it was between A. Bruce, C. Jones and K. Johnson...... I say we made out in that deal. CM is right. If Charlie Jones, all 190 lbs. of him, is your number 1 option? Good luck Purdue.
You do realize that the offense could of put Bruce, Johnson, and Chuck Sizzle on the field at the same time right?

Purdue is using him creatively and lining up out wide, not just in the slot. I think the question for him came down to having to fight it out to be the #3 guy at Iowa (no argument from me that KJ and AB are better) and starting out as #4 behind Ragaini…or go to Purdue where he there was no one entrenched ahead of him. I think if he knew he was for sure #3, and not behind Ragaini, he may still well be at Iowa.

Sucks in that there are two really good games going on at once.
Pitt with a pick 6 to go up 38-31 with 2:58 left.

Three catches for 50 yards in the first 11 minutes. That’s a career high for him at Iowa in an entire game. Just says how inept Iowa’s offense is between the 20’s.
It is amazing the good things that can happen when your passing game uses the entire field for the wide receivers. 80+% of the Hawks' WR routes are of the sideline variety with an occasional seam route normally with Ragaini.

Reactions: Slappy Pappy
It is amazing the good things that can happen when your passing game uses the entire field for the wide receivers. 80+% of the Hawks' WR routes are of the sideline variety with an occasional seam route normally with Ragaini.
It's just too risky for us.

This is why NFL teams hate trading guys within their own division. I know iowa didn’t trade him…but you get the point. If Purdue wins this game (and would be in large part thanks to Charlie), it goes a long way to helping their BIG west hopes on top of the optics for Iowa.

It’s week fuggin 1. CTFO

Great for Charlie, career game. Get back to me mid season. Penn St might just suck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT