ADVERTISEMENT

Charles Jones

You’ve posted 9300+ times, we’ll estimate 10 seconds per post…that comes out to over 26 hours of your life you’ll never get back…maybe take a break. You seem a alarmingly invested in talking to anonymous strangers about a game played by kids.
It is possible to be an Iowa fan and look at Charlie Jones situation objectively and say he was under utilized at Iowa and clearly made the right decision in leaving if his goal was to build his resume and case for playing at the next level. The outcome is a moot point.
I have been posting on this board on again off again for 20+ years do the math again jack ass?!

• Haha
Reactions: coorsoriginal02
Hilarious that some of you think that Purdue losing tonight is some kind of "gotcha" moment against those of us rather hacked off that our coaching staff couldn't keep our top WR talent on campus. Iowa is probably going to lose games this year that we could have won had CJ still been playing for us, used properly and making the types of plays that no one else can. If there is anyone out there still wondering why Iowa can't land elite WR talent on the recruiting trail, your question has been answered tonight...
Go cheer for the Boilers all year then you traitor.

Reactions: Ree4 and cmhawks99
You’ve posted 9300+ times, we’ll estimate 10 seconds per post…that comes out to over 26 hours of your life you’ll never get back…maybe take a break. You seem a alarmingly invested in talking to anonymous strangers about a game played by kids.
It is possible to be an Iowa fan and look at Charlie Jones situation objectively and say he was under utilized at Iowa and clearly made the right decision in leaving if his goal was to build his resume and case for playing at the next level. The outcome is a moot point.

PS… do you know how many people in my lifetime, again 20 years in this very board that Iowa fans have suggested has been underutilized… Honestly it gets old and tired!

Move along friend…

Reactions: F5n5
Hilarious that some of you think that Purdue losing tonight is some kind of "gotcha" moment against those of us rather hacked off that our coaching staff couldn't keep our top WR talent on campus. Iowa is probably going to lose games this year that we could have won had CJ still been playing for us, used properly and making the types of plays that no one else can. If there is anyone out there still wondering why Iowa can't land elite WR talent on the recruiting trail, your question has been answered tonight...
Why couldn’t Purdue, just asking?!

I always thought he was an exceptional receiver that was underutilized at Iowa. Unfortunately, we have a coach that has a history of being too loyal to less talented quarterbacks and a son that runs a third grade offense. Oh well. At least Purdue lost.
Uh, I have seen much better lac'em up in Kinnick....yes, he was solid WR, but let's not put him on a pedestal of being one of Iowa's all time great WRs...

I'll take 1-0
This is the problem though, most of of the people trashing Charlie Jones are solely viewing this from the scope of being an Iowa fan and what’s best for you, the fan. Charlie Jones wanted a better opportunity to showcase his skill and build his resume for the NFL, you don’t have to like it, but that doesn’t change the facts. It’s also fair to say that he was likely underutilized at Iowa, stating these things does not make someone less of a fan.

He’s a great player. He will have a lot of success at the WR spot this year if he stays healthy, which will be a much taller task when he’s a top target for a team that throws 59 times per game. It will cost him some overall team success and any chance at a B1G returner of the year repeat. It’s pretty simple, I think it’s clear what he was looking for. A loss for Iowa for sure, unfortunately accentuated by our injury issues at the position, but I think we’ll be fine in the return game. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if his replacement has more success than he does in fact.

Wasted at Purdue too
Depends on your definition of "wasted," I guess. What's worse? 1) Having an elite-level WR sitting on the depth chart behind 4 guys that he is clearly better than, as the offense sucks a$$ all year, or 2) Having an elite-level WR playing terrific in all facets of the WR game, but having a defense and coaching staff that repeatedly blow games?

Depends on your definition of "wasted," I guess. What's worse? 1) Having an elite-level WR sitting on the depth chart behind 4 guys that he is clearly better than, as the offense sucks a$$ all year, or 2) Having an elite-level WR playing terrific in all facets of the WR game, but having a defense and coaching staff that repeatedly blow games?
I'd rather win games. You would rather win games. Everyone and their dog would rather win games. That's kind of the point of playing them.

This is the problem though, most of of the people trashing Charlie Jones are solely viewing this from the scope of being an Iowa fan and what’s best for you, the fan. Charlie Jones wanted a better opportunity to showcase his skill and build his resume for the NFL, you don’t have to like it, but that doesn’t change the facts. It’s also fair to say that he was likely underutilized at Iowa, stating these things does not make someone less of a fan.
I'm trashing Charlie because he's a douchebag that left Iowa and his teammates high and dry at the last second, leaving them no time to find a replacement. I don't really care how good or bad he does there.

Had he not explicitly announced he was returning to Iowa and then waited until after spring ball, the 2022 recruiting class, AND the final day of the transfer portal, I'd wish him luck, like I do Tracy. But he didn't.

I have been posting on this board on again off again for 20+ years do the math again jack ass?!
Do you know how math works? It doesn’t matter how long you’ve been a member, it still adds up to over a day of your life. Actually, you’re proving my point, that’s just the amount of time you’ve invested posting. You’ve likely wasted waaaay more time than that if you’ve been here 20 years…yikes. You didn’t graduate from Iowa did you?

And the loss?
Pretty disingenuous to think he wouldn't have liked to have the win, but here was his exact quote on why he made the decision to transfer.

“Came here for the offense, last couple of years they’ve shown that being a receiver in this type of offense gives a lot of opportunities,” he said.

I think he was targeted nearly 20 times (if not more) so I'd say, at least based on the first time out, he's getting exactly what he was hoping for.

Yes and now he is 0-1

All the slobbering over Charlie Jones....

jump-to-conclusion-think-again.gif

Pretty disingenuous to think he wouldn't have liked to have the win, but here was his exact quote on why he made the decision to transfer.

“Came here for the offense, last couple of years they’ve shown that being a receiver in this type of offense gives a lot of opportunities,” he said.

I think he was targeted nearly 20 times (if not more) so I'd say, at least based on the first time out, he's getting exactly what he was hoping for.
And the loss, I’d agree, he got what he came for!

The team with the worst yards per rushing attempt in college football last year that couldn’t run the ball tonight put the ball in the hands of their best player and you’re questioning that? Just because the end result was a loss doesn’t mean it was the wrong call
Yes, with 6:27 left in the game and a 3 point lead Purdue ran 9 plays and only took 1:37 off the clock to do so.

You wouldn't be surprised if Iowa suddenly had a consensus all-B1G return guy? I don't think I'd be more surprised if I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet.
Maybe not all-conference, but it's not a coincidence we've had a consistently good return game since Levar Woods became STC. Hell, Kyle Groeneweg was statistically better than Jones as a PR.

Reactions: Ree4
You've been posting on this board for 20+ years, meaning you are well into adulthood. And then "Jackwad" came along....now that's funny.
PS… you can light to your friends you can’t lie to us… You wanted bad and I do mean bad for Purdue to win in this game so you could dance around and bitch and moan about Iowa and their offense and hey guess what Charlie got what he wanted 12 catches and his team still lost, honestly what the hell else can you add to the equation from here?

Not a ****ing thing….

Reactions: F5n5
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT