ADVERTISEMENT

Christian Pyles - Emergency FRL

Mar 24, 2016
@ChristianPyles -- I've gotta push back a little on this one.

During the FRL, you Bratke, and Nomad referred back to the RTC funding disparities. PSU has an order of magnitude larger RTC budget than any other club. They are in a tier of their own. You mention that "money isn't a thing" for PSU and they can pay for any wrestler that they want. Then less than 5 minutes later, you hypothesize (while disclaiming that you don't know this for a certainty), that other clubs didn't pursue Gilman.

You never made the connection that the reason for this might be due to the fact that no other club has $5 million + in the bank to be reaching out to every single potential "free agent". Isn't it disingenuous to ignore the factor that money and funding plays on this?

Here's what you said (rough transcription):

"More than the money, they (PSU/Cael) have the eye of the tiger. They're aggressive, they're going out and trying to make moves at the next level. Did anyone else (other coaches/clubs) make calls? Who else was beating down Gilman's door saying we can do this we can do that, etc. I feel like they (PSU) just have the aggressive mentality to make things like this work, that maybe other people aren't thinking of."

No connection is made that the $5M + might be the reason they have the ability to do this and other clubs do not. Just praise for Cael's ingenuity at being able to bring in Gilman and Snyder as if it was just as simple as picking up the phone or being a relentless recruiting and negotiator.

You then go on to mention the impact this has on high school wrestling recruits:

"If you're a HS wrestling recruit, how do you not ask yourself why all of these amazing wrestlers leave to go to PSU. The best wrestlers are having success at schools, (referencing Snyder and Gilman's world medals at Ohio State and Iowa), and then are leaving to go to PSU thinking I can get a little better if I go there. If you're a HS wrestler how do you not think wow these guys are reaching this conclusion".

Again, no reference to the pocket book that might've been a factor to Snyder and Gilman choosing PSU over any other RTC.

CP in reference to contacting wrestlers and bringing them into your RTC:
"It can work both ways. right now it's working one way. and it's going the Nittany lion way."
No mention of funding disparity between RTCs within the context of this conversation.

Another quote by CP on RTCs:
"The game is there to be played if Iowa enters it, I think they could bring in some more elite guys".
Again no mention of funding disparity.

Obviously, in Thomas Gilman's situation, the biggest factor on him leaving Iowa City is Spencer Lee being in the room, so don't misconstrue my point here to mean that PSU just outbid Iowa for Gilman. I also doubt that was the case. But when you reference, no other club making these big moves, or pursuing athletes, how do you just attribute it to PSU's ingenuity and not look at the biggest factor - $$$$$$? This is a career for these athletes. You can be damn sure they are making financial decisions when making moves between RTCs. Gilman himself said he made a spreadsheet on his possibilities and the only reason for going to Arizona State would be b/c Perry is there. Do you think if Arizona State could offer him $150k per year to compete there, that that might've swayed his decision?

Wrestling is in a very weird spot right now with the RTCs being so interconnected with HS recruiting, college transfers, and these athletes making career decisions which are in in their best interests. To add to the complexity, everything is done in private. The contracts aren't publicly disclosed unlike most professional sports. We're all aware that the RTCs have a massive impact on college recruiting, and that the primary contributing factor to RTC's operations is funding and budget, yet you referenced PSU getting Gilman and Snyder over other clubs as if money didn't play a massive impact on their decisions. There are only a few clubs in the country even capable of paying more than 1-2 athletes to compete, and then out of the clubs who do have some ability to pay, there still isn't equity. PSU can outbid any other club if they value the wrestlers equally.

I fully understand that Iowa has more funding than every other program besides PSU and that other schools and fans can say all of this about Iowa. This isn't "boohoo, it's unfair that PSU has more money than other schools". I just don't see how you mention all of the factors about RTC funding disparities, but then write all of that off when praising PSU's success over other programs at bringing guys into their RTC.

Seems like PSU should have enough money to bring in a couple women.
It’s not popular enough for PSU, yet. If it doesn’t sell, they’re not interested. You can bet your arse if it continues to grow, they will wet their beaks.

Would it really be a bad thing to just do away with RTCs? If the NCAA took wrestling seriously (and they don't) and they asked for my opinion (which they wouldn't), I'd tell them that RTCs are providing certain schools with unfair advantages, including Iowa, and it's best to centralize all training in Colorado Springs. Attention NCAA: at least make an attempt to level the playing field!

Edit: And explicitly prohibit schools from even an inference to recruits that they can benefit financially from things like summer camps (I believe that's one accusation that's been raised, though I have no knowledge of its accuracy).

Would it really be a bad thing to just do away with RTCs? If the NCAA took wrestling seriously (and they don't) and they asked for my opinion (which they wouldn't), I'd tell them that RTCs are providing certain schools with unfair advantages, including Iowa, and it's best to centralize all training in Colorado Springs. Attention NCAA: at least make an attempt to level the playing field!

Edit: And explicitly prohibit schools from even an inference to recruits that they can benefit financially from things like summer camps (I believe that's one accusation that's been raised, though I have no knowledge of its accuracy).
Haven’t our results on the world stage improved dramatically since the RTCs developed? Wouldn’t Colorado Springs be a step backward as the funding for wouldn’t be at the same level as it is now?

Reactions: hlstone
Haven’t our results on the world stage improved dramatically since the RTCs developed? Wouldn’t Colorado Springs be a step backward as the funding for wouldn’t be at the same level as it is now?

Was it definitely the RTCs that improved the U.S. results? Not sure how that could be proven. Admittedly I know nothing about the philosophy behind RTCs being better than centralized training. However, I think there were many other factors in play as to why our Senior level performances have improved. Would be interested in hearing from those who have a good understanding of RTCs and senior level activities.

Reactions: Wink8
Was it definitely the RTCs that improved the U.S. results? Not sure how that could be proven. Admittedly I know nothing about the philosophy behind RTCs being better than centralized training. However, I think there were many other factors in play as to why our Senior level performances have improved. Would be interested in hearing from those who have a good understanding of RTCs and senior level activities.
I guess I don’t really know how to prove it but I’ve heard those discussions as with RTCs there are increased opportunities for training and competition. If it was centralized the money would Probly go away as it’s boosters at individual schools keeping there money with there teams RTC

what planet are you on? Pyles spoke with everything in context of $. you're either dumb af or a straight up liar. there's no middle ground.

You mean like this:

"More than the money, they (PSU/Cael) have the eye of the tiger. They're aggressive, they're going out and trying to make moves at the next level. Did anyone else (other coaches/clubs) make calls? Who else was beating down Gilman's door saying we can do this we can do that, etc. I feel like they (PSU) just have the aggressive mentality to make things like this work, that maybe other people aren't thinking of."

It’s not popular enough for PSU, yet. If it doesn’t sell, they’re not interested. You can bet your arse if it continues to grow, they will wet their beaks.

Jane Valencia has been training at the NLWC, I believe. Married to Jaime Espinal of PR. First Mexican woman wrestler to qualify for the Olympics. There's been quite a bit of press around her, as she just completed med school and had a kid in the last few years to boot.

Personally wish they had more of a Greco presence. Apparently Provisor left for Bucknell over the last year.

@ChristianPyles -- I've gotta push back a little on this one.

During the FRL, you Bratke, and Nomad referred back to the RTC funding disparities. PSU has an order of magnitude larger RTC budget than any other club. They are in a tier of their own. You mention that "money isn't a thing" for PSU and they can pay for any wrestler that they want. Then less than 5 minutes later, you hypothesize (while disclaiming that you don't know this for a certainty), that other clubs didn't pursue Gilman.

You never made the connection that the reason for this might be due to the fact that no other club has $5 million + in the bank to be reaching out to every single potential "free agent". Isn't it disingenuous to ignore the factor that money and funding plays on this?

Here's what you said (rough transcription):

No connection is made that the $5M + might be the reason they have the ability to do this and other clubs do not. Just praise for Cael's ingenuity at being able to bring in Gilman and Snyder as if it was just as simple as picking up the phone or being a relentless recruiting and negotiator.

You then go on to mention the impact this has on high school wrestling recruits:

"If you're a HS wrestling recruit, how do you not ask yourself why all of these amazing wrestlers leave to go to PSU. The best wrestlers are having success at schools, (referencing Snyder and Gilman's world medals at Ohio State and Iowa), and then are leaving to go to PSU thinking I can get a little better if I go there. If you're a HS wrestler how do you not think wow these guys are reaching this conclusion".

Again, no reference to the pocket book that might've been a factor to Snyder and Gilman choosing PSU over any other RTC.

CP in reference to contacting wrestlers and bringing them into your RTC:
"It can work both ways. right now it's working one way. and it's going the Nittany lion way."
No mention of funding disparity between RTCs within the context of this conversation.

Another quote by CP on RTCs:
"The game is there to be played if Iowa enters it, I think they could bring in some more elite guys".
Again no mention of funding disparity.

Obviously, in Thomas Gilman's situation, the biggest factor on him leaving Iowa City is Spencer Lee being in the room, so don't misconstrue my point here to mean that PSU just outbid Iowa for Gilman. I also doubt that was the case. But when you reference, no other club making these big moves, or pursuing athletes, how do you just attribute it to PSU's ingenuity and not look at the biggest factor - $$$$$$? This is a career for these athletes. You can be damn sure they are making financial decisions when making moves between RTCs. Gilman himself said he made a spreadsheet on his possibilities and the only reason for going to Arizona State would be b/c Perry is there. Do you think if Arizona State could offer him $150k per year to compete there, that that might've swayed his decision?

Wrestling is in a very weird spot right now with the RTCs being so interconnected with HS recruiting, college transfers, and these athletes making career decisions which are in in their best interests. To add to the complexity, everything is done in private. The contracts aren't publicly disclosed unlike most professional sports. We're all aware that the RTCs have a massive impact on college recruiting, and that the primary contributing factor to RTC's operations is funding and budget, yet you referenced PSU getting Gilman and Snyder over other clubs as if money didn't play a massive impact on their decisions. There are only a few clubs in the country even capable of paying more than 1-2 athletes to compete, and then out of the clubs who do have some ability to pay, there still isn't equity. PSU can outbid any other club if they value the wrestlers equally.

I fully understand that Iowa has more funding than every other program besides PSU and that other schools and fans can say all of this about Iowa. This isn't "boohoo, it's unfair that PSU has more money than other schools". I just don't see how you mention all of the factors about RTC funding disparities, but then write all of that off when praising PSU's success over other programs at bringing guys into their RTC.
THANK YOU. And well put, I can't believe it took a pandemic and emergency broadcast to reveal this blindspot Pyles has had for YEARS

CP needs to read this and come to this realization.

what planet are you on? Pyles spoke with everything in context of $. you're either dumb af or a straight up liar. there's no middle ground.
I think you struggle with critical reasoning and logic, maybe that's why you're no longer at Flo?

Edit: did you even read his whole post? I would bet not.

Even with PSU's perceived advantage as it pertains to recruiting, RTC's are still a good deal for wrestler's wanting to take the next step but be able to train full time. IMO with most things, decentralization is a good thing. Instead of USA Wrestling fighting over scraps for a budget with all the other sports, a lot of heavy lifting can be done at the RTC level.

Even with PSU's perceived advantage as it pertains to recruiting, RTC's are still a good deal for wrestler's wanting to take the next step but be able to train full time. IMO with most things, decentralization is a good thing. Instead of USA Wrestling fighting over scraps for a budget with all the other sports, a lot of heavy lifting can be done at the RTC level.

Thanks for that insight Chief - I admit I understand very little of the RTC setup. So...if RTCs are needed to develop our senior wrestlers and take them to a higher level, then what can/should be done so that unfair imbalances don't exist between RTCs?

If I'm reasoning this correctly, an extremely large funding difference ($5 million donation?) has led to NLWC being able to bring in a large number of top senior wrestlers, and that may be providing PSU with a huge advantage when it comes to recruiting top P4P high school talent. Is my reasoning correct? Does it come down to PSU having a significant recruiting advantage because they have an extremely well-funded RTC? Is that something that should be corrected by the NCAA or USA Wrestling?

Thanks for that insight Chief - I admit I understand very little of the RTC setup. So...if RTCs are needed to develop our senior wrestlers and take them to a higher level, then what can/should be done so that unfair imbalances don't exist between RTCs?

If I'm reasoning this correctly, an extremely large funding difference ($5 million donation?) has led to NLWC being able to bring in a large number of top senior wrestlers, and that may be providing PSU with a huge advantage when it comes to recruiting top P4P high school talent. Is my reasoning correct? Does it come down to PSU having a significant recruiting advantage because they have an extremely well-funded RTC? Is that something that should be corrected by the NCAA or USA Wrestling?

Nailed it on pretty much everything. This is why non RTC programs are looking to shut them down or at least get them underneath the NCAA regulatory umbrella. Like you said...NCAA doesn’t give two shits (To paraphrase) and would most likely prefer to not deal with them at all. So the Wild West or get them totally unaffiliated with the schools or programs. As of now, the graduates get paid...I would rather see Gilman get paid by the NLWC to follow his dream than putting his tin cup out to the USOC.

You mean like this:

No, like this, in your own words.

During the FRL, you Bratke, and Nomad referred back to the RTC funding disparities. PSU has an order of magnitude larger RTC budget than any other club. They are in a tier of their own. You mention that "money isn't a thing" for PSU and they can pay for any wrestler that they want.

Man, you whine a lot.

During the FRL, you Bratke, and Nomad referred back to the RTC funding disparities. PSU has an order of magnitude larger RTC budget than any other club. They are in a tier of their own. You mention that "money isn't a thing" for PSU and they can pay for any wrestler that they want.

Man, you whine a lot.

Willie, did you even listen to the episode?

They mention RTC funding disparity at the beginning of the 45 minute episode. But then CP discusses a bunch of things regarding RTCs and NLWC pursuing and getting these athletes and completely ignores the factor of money. He absolutely did not speak on all of these topics within the context of money as you claim above.

Refer back to final sentence of my initial post: "I just don't see how you mention all of the factors about RTC funding disparities, but then write all of that off when praising PSU's success over other programs at bringing guys into their RTC."

you're either dumb af or a straight up liar. there's no middle ground.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye

Man, you whine a lot.

From this statement onward (rest of the episode and all of the quotes in first post), he ignored the factor that money played on NLWC being able to have "the eye of the tiger, being aggressive, making those calls, beating doors down." It has nothing to do with mentality lol. it has to do with a $5M pocketbook. It's not like other coaches just aren't thinking of it. They don't have the financial means to do what the NLWC is doing.

Last edited:
Seems like PSU should have enough money to bring in a couple women.
Certainly appears that way.

Maybe they've tried and failed, or have a different perspective on how to spend their stockpile of cash? I guess they don't realize they can't compete on the Men's International or Collegiate level until they do, or so I'm told.........despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

You are wrong on this one. He was so obviously leaving out the answer to his own pondering and the #1 difference between psu and everyone else. $$$

You give all the schools the same cash flow psu has and it would be amazing how level the playing field would get.

I don't watch much FRL anymore, but with the corona thing there isn't much sports to watch.

I did catch this episode and i have no idea how you can arrive at some conclusion that he didn't mention money as a factor. LITERALLY he said this. You even wrote it in your transcripts. was he supposed to mention it 100 times?

there could be things he said wrong and/or that you disagree with, but brushing the $ factor under the rug didn't happen. he was very forthright in that.

you know I have no reason to defend flo. i'm just calling it as i see it. and i've also been in situations where the respective fan bases both bash you. you can't win. and it's not very fair or accurate. the penn state finals complain that he suggests everything is money motivated and not merit based. the hawkeye fans complain he says undersells the $$ discrepancy and praises Cael as aggressive. it's not accurate, and it's not fair. b/c that's not what happened.

I don't watch much FRL anymore, but with the corona thing there isn't much sports to watch.

I did catch this episode and i have no idea how you can arrive at some conclusion that he didn't mention money as a factor. LITERALLY he said this. You even wrote it in your transcripts. was he supposed to mention it 100 times?

there could be things he said wrong and/or that you disagree with, but brushing the $ factor under the rug didn't happen. he was very forthright in that.

you know I have no reason to defend flo. i'm just calling it as i see it. and i've also been in situations where the respective fan bases both bash you. you can't win. and it's not very fair or accurate. the penn state finals complain that he suggests everything is money motivated and not merit based. the hawkeye fans complain he says undersells the $$ discrepancy and praises Cael as aggressive. it's not accurate, and it's not fair. b/c that's not what happened.

Are you being deliberately obtuse? He LITERALLY said "more than the money", and then went on to list qualities that PSU/Cael/NLWC have that other clubs don't seem to. And all of those qualities depend on having the financial capability to pay a multitude of athletes a significant amount of money to compete at the senior level.

He said maybe other people aren't thinking of these moves/ideas. wtf lol. It has nothing to do with mindset or the idea to go out and pursue athletes. Other RTC's are limited by budget.

Why not go speak with some other RTC coaches and see if they agree that it's just that NLWC has the eye of the tiger and are just harder workers, going to beat down Gilman's door to make him an offer?

Let’s start with a numerical breakdown. How many times and when were money mentioned? How many times and when were the other factors mentioned? That would be a great start. If money is mentioned in the first 3 minutes of a 30 minute segment and then never again it can get lost in the process but still be true that it was mentioned.

idk about the 'eye of the tiger' stuff. idk about any of the other commentary. to each their own. but to suggest he didn't mention it or underplayed it is absolutely untrue.

and I'll tell ya another thing. y'all need to get over it.

Me and CP stated SEVERAL times, in no uncertain terms, that PSU has financial advantages. They did the work. They earned it. Good for them.

instead of sitting around whining and crying about it - RAISE MORE MONEY!

1) To certain degrees, you hawkeye fans attribute PSU success strictly to dollars

2) when it comes to RTC money, it's capitalism! it's like you're whining that the guy next to you has a bigger house b/c he has a better job.

3) Get a better job! (i.e. - work harder. raise as much / more money as NLWC). you're complaining b/c someone is literally doing it better.

it's nothing but a bunch of whining. You tout yourself as the greatest fan base and culture ever. And yet complain you can't raise as much. which is it? Either raise the money or have enough dignity to not whine when you don't.

All of this to say - Gilman leaving HWC HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH MONEY!

So what's your point?

Last edited:
idk about the 'eye of the tiger' stuff. idk about any of the other commentary. to each their own. but to suggest he didn't mention it or underplayed it is absolutely untrue.

Me and CP stated SEVERAL times, in no uncertain terms, that PSU has financial advantages. AND THATS A GOOD THING.

1) To certain degrees, you hawkeye fans attribute PSU success strictly to dollars

2) when it comes to RTC money, it's capitalism! it's like you're whining that the guy next to you has a bigger house b/c he has a better job.

3) Get a better job! (i.e. - work harder. raise as much / more money as NLWC). you're complaining b/c someone is literally doing it better.

it's nothing but a bunch of whining. You tout yourself as the greatest fan base and culture ever. And yet complain you can't raise as much. which is it? Either raise the money or have enough dignity to not whine when you don't.

So what's your point?

Gilman leaving eventually may have had nothing to do with money but him ending up there damn well factored in money. You don't think he is getting more money there than he would other places? Sure everyone just needs to suck it up and be better capitalists because you know there are all kinds of millionaires running around looking to give a $5 million dollar check to set their favorite wrestling club up for life. I'm not usually on the hate willie train but this post was a smug ass pile of shit and you sound like the complete d-bag psu nut huger you are.

Me and CP stated SEVERAL times, in no uncertain terms, that PSU has financial advantages. They did the work. They earned it. Good for them.

So what's your point?

Dude. Do you have any reading comprehension ability at all?

Gilman was leaving regardless. Ending up at PSU? Sure, that had to do with money. Which CP absolutely mentioned. This blows my mind.

To the "PSU Nuthugger" comment - get a life. That story is so old and played out. 12 years ago PSU was Top 10. Now they are pushing everyone - on the mat and in their coffers - to get better. that's good for the sport.

Iowa, OKST, Minnesota, Michigan, Cornell, and my beloved Nebraska and Lehigh programs will be forced to work harder and push forward.

The difference between y'all and me is i'm a realist and you're blinded by loyalty. This is the landscape we live in.

Agree with Willie on this 100%, Cp definitely stated money was a big advantage from the start. There was no need to keep dwelling on it. He also stated the Psu is more aggressive going after athletes. Vodka don’t understand why you are freaking out about the whole thing.

Agree with Willie on this 100%, Cp definitely stated money was a big advantage from the start. There was no need to keep dwelling on it. He also stated the Psu is more aggressive going after athletes. Vodka don’t understand why you are freaking out about the whole thing.

I'm not freaking out. I'm having a discussion. You do understand you can't be aggressive about going after athletes if you don't have the funds to pay them right? That's the major disconnect and point I'm making. CP said "more than the money" and then listed a bunch of characteristics and actions that require money to do.

How many RTCs in the country could go out and "beat down Gilman's door saying we can do this we can do that, etc."? (with a bunch of other world class wrestlers in the stable already)

"I feel like they (PSU) just have the aggressive mentality to make things like this work, that maybe other people aren't thinking of."

Is it true that the other RTCs aren't thinking of it? Or is it that no other RTC has anywhere near the funds to be able to match PSU's offer?

Last edited:
<<"More than the money, they (PSU/Cael) have the eye of the tiger. >>

more than the money?!?! Lol!

Without that money, the eye of the tiger wouldn't have gotten them very far.

Did Cael not have the "eye of the tiger" in his 6 years of coaching at ISU as an assistant and then head coach, during which time they won zero ncaa titles?

What utter BS!

<<

instead of sitting around whining and crying about it - RAISE MORE MONEY!>>

PSU "did the work" and they "earned it" ?!?

You lost me smalls.... was "the work" having a sugar daddy drop $5 million in their lap?

i follow you. i do. but if HWC had a singular $5m donor would you be giving it back? would you be apologizing?

it's not their fault. they got thee funds and they are doing what they should be doing. if they didn't, that would be irresponsible.

secondly....Thomas was never, ever staying. you can be bitter he's at PSU. But he wasn't gonna be at Iowa. Where would you go.

*Let's also keep in mind i'm always in communication with the Hawk staff. They are my guys. They understand the fine line. That's respect. Love them guys. They get it more than u.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shot of Espresso
i follow you. i do. but if HWC had a singular $5m donor would you be giving it back? would you be apologizing?

it's not their fault. they got thee funds and they are doing what they should be doing. if they didn't, that would be irresponsible.

secondly....Thomas was never, ever staying. you can be bitter he's at PSU. But he wasn't gonna be at Iowa. Where would you go.

*Let's also keep in mine i'm always in communication with the Hawk staff. They are my guys. They understand the fine line. That's respect. Love them guys. They get it more than u.

Dude...this is why I keep questioning your reading comprehension.

The point of my post wasn't to cry unfairness about RTC funding. That's another discussion.

What I said in the initial post:
"This isn't "boohoo, it's unfair that PSU has more money than other schools". I just don't see how you mention all of the factors about RTC funding disparities, but then write all of that off when praising PSU's success over other programs at bringing guys into their RTC."

"Obviously, in Thomas Gilman's situation, the biggest factor on him leaving Iowa City is Spencer Lee being in the room, so don't misconstrue my point here to mean that PSU just outbid Iowa for Gilman. I also doubt that was the case. But when you reference, no other club making these big moves, or pursuing athletes, how do you just attribute it to PSU's ingenuity and not look at the biggest factor - $$$$$$? This is a career for these athletes. You can be damn sure they are making financial decisions when making moves between RTCs. Gilman himself said he made a spreadsheet on his possibilities and the only reason for going to Arizona State would be b/c Perry is there. Do you think if Arizona State could offer him $150k per year to compete there, that that might've swayed his decision?"

And yes, you can guarantee athletes would go to the RTCs who pay the most unless the difference was negligible. It's a business and a career. Just like professional athletes taking a contract to play on a worse team, but for more money.

No one is asking them to give it back or to apologize. Just being real that no other RTC in the country has the ability to pursue athletes like NLWC can due to a very large endowment.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to say, other programs don't have the eye of the tiger, or mentality, or aren't "thinking of these things" when the difference is due to money.

Last edited:
Dude...this is why I keep questioning your reading comprehension.

The point of my post wasn't to cry unfairness about RTC funding. That's another discussion.
His reading comprehension would be fine if he wasn't hammered on Easter Night (according to his twitter), isn't that right Smalls?;)

*Let's also keep in mind i'm always in communication with the Hawk staff. They are my guys. They understand the fine line. That's respect. Love them guys. They get it more than u.
Do you think if Thomas had made the World Team last year over Fix that he would have left? Seems like after both Snyder and Gilman had shortcomings that they felt like they needed to go somewhere else.
Also, if Lee faces Gilman next year in the OTT finals, who ya rooting for? The NLWC member of 1 year or the PA native?

Vodka, why are you still crying about money? The Brands aren’t crying about it. In fact in Andy Hamilton’s interview with Tom, Tom is quoted as saying “We are not cutting funding,” he said. “As a matter of fact, we have an unlimited budget.” Sounds like maybe you should be crying that Iowa also has an unfair advantage. If your gripe is with CP saying PSU and Cael has the eye of a tiger, BFD. People who aren’t so jealous or blinded by bias see that PSU/Cael are doing great things. Things that teams with unlimited budgets either can’t or aren’t doing.

Vodka, why are you still crying about money? The Brands aren’t crying about it. In fact in Andy Hamilton’s interview with Tom, Tom is quoted as saying “We are not cutting funding,” he said. “As a matter of fact, we have an unlimited budget.” Sounds like maybe you should be crying that Iowa also has an unfair advantage. If your gripe is with CP saying PSU and Cael has the eye of a tiger, BFD. People who aren’t so jealous or blinded by bias see that PSU/Cael are doing great things. Things that teams with unlimited budgets either can’t or aren’t doing.

^ another with no comprehension.

Reactions: Hawkfan019
The point of Vodkas post was that Christian was scratching his chin wondering how PSU is able to get these high level athletes from other RTC's to come to the NLWC and pointing out a difference in their aggressiveness to get these athletes compared to other RTC's. However what allows them to be more aggressive compared to other RTC's is the money disparity between the NLWC and everyone else, yet Christian wasn't able to connect the dots between the two. If you don't have the resources available, you can't make an offer. Same with teams in the NFL; if you have $3M left in cap space, your not gonna be able to be anywhere near as aggressive in the free agent market compared to other teams that have $30M+. It's a simple concept yet Christian was trying to make it complicated with his whole "eye of the tiger" analogy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT