ADVERTISEMENT

Clarion 184 Will Feldcamp

BFosr1

Scout Team
Apr 29, 2017
Clarion All American 184 pounder Will Feldcamp has just entered the portal.

Feldcamp just has 1 year left, and he finished 7th this past March to become an All American.

Is 184 a weight you guys would pursue a guy like Feldcamp over Assad? I understand interest in Bernie Traux, since he’s a top 3 guy at the weight. But I was wondering if a fringe AA guy is someone you would bring in over Assad.

As an Ohio State fan, he should be a NO BRAINER. They need a 1 year stop gal at 184 and 125. This kid fits that bill perfectly, so it obviously won’t happen. It makes too much sense for it to happen.

They will probably ride with Seth Shumate and redshirt Ryder Rogotzke, and Shumate will be lucky to win a match or 2 at nationals .

Reactions: el dub
Willie was saying on his podcast that Feldkamp will likely land at Okie St. Olejnik was a teammate of his while at NIU, recently committed to OSU.

Reactions: el dub
Oklahoma State doesn’t make sense with Plott and Wittake there. Can Feldcamp go 197? They also have RS Jr Luke Surba coming back at 197 who won 23 matches last year including wins over R Elam, T Harvey, Rylan Rogers, and Jaxon Smith. I could understand bringing in a multi year guy to recruit over but a fringe AA 1 year stop gap guy doesn’t make too much sense for Oklahoma State.

Speaking of another thing that doesn’t make much sense with Oklahoma State ties.. Michigan’s 149 Chance Lamer is now in the portal. This makes ZERO SENSE. The only other 149 on their roster who they can plug with Lamer gone is Fidel Mayora… average guy at best. Michigan is absolutely loading up and working on their 4th portal guy incoming with Shane Griffith as we speak.

Why on earth would they let Lamer go and weaken 149 considerably putting all this work in elsewhere? Just doesn’t fit or make sense.

So here is my prediction slash theory. I think this Lamer move wreaks of something else brewing and Lamer caught wind of it and announced he was leaving to get out in front of it because doing so after the fact would make him look worse. Doing it this way appears like Michigan now has a hole to fill l, rather than they are replacing Lamer via an upgrade.

My prediction is recent portal entry and former Oklahoma State 149 could be headed to Michigan. It just makes too much sense. He’s an Ohio boy who didn’t get recruited by Ohio State. Most of those guys end up at Michigan no matter what the sport is to begin with lol.

But I’m the theme of not making sense, Voinovich’s announcement to leave the Cowboys also came off as a shock to everyone, especially considering the entire Voinovich family, including Victor’s younger brother Cael, all picked up and moved out to Stillwater from Cleveland a few years ago.

And the Cowboys also didn’t appear to have anyone on the roster listed at 149, nor had any incoming recruit who could have scare Voinovich off. But after looking into it a lil bit more, I think what happened there is Rutgers transfer Sammy Alvarez intended to bump up to 149 to challenge Voinovich for that spot, and that lead Victor to look elsewhere.

So I think Carter Young remains at 141, and Alvarez goes 149 for the Cowboys. And someone I think will be headed to Michigan at 149. I very seriously doubt they let true freshman Joel Adams man 149 either.

Reactions: Inthecircle
From what I gather reading the OSU board

It's not a guarantee that Wittlake will take his covid year, and he's also a small 184, they think Plott could possibly redshirt and Wittlake goes 174. Or Wittlake could just be done altogether.

Carter Young plans to redshirt next season.

Alvarez at 141, and Jordan Williams at 149 I think is the plan. Looks like they have a hole at 157 right now.

Feldkamp could give Thompson a chance to RS as a true freshman.

There was smoke over on intermat about Voinivich potentially being the reason that Lamer is hitting the portal.

Reactions: BFosr1 and vhsalum
Oklahoma st has some $ and is spending it. They will have a few announcements coming I have a feeling

From what I gather reading the OSU board

It's not a guarantee that Wittlake will take his covid year, and he's also a small 184, they think Plott could possibly redshirt and Wittlake goes 174. Or Wittlake could just be done altogether.

Carter Young plans to redshirt next season.

Alvarez at 141, and Jordan Williams at 149 I think is the plan. Looks like they have a hole at 157 right now.

Feldkamp could give Thompson a chance to RS as a true freshman.

There was smoke over on intermat about Voinivich potentially being the reason that Lamer is hitting the portal.
I would consider VV and Lamer pretty even with a slight edge to Lamer..

Reactions: vhsalum and js8793
I also noticed Wyatt Henson’s in the portal again. Perhaps Sammy has some frequent flier miles he’s trying to use up? Dude flips more than Cirque du Soleil performers.
Henson and Joey Cruz have withdrawn from the portal. Kish is starting to calm guys down. The situation was such a mess guys are pissed off and I don't blame them. But at the end of the day F the administration and if the situation is best for you then you stay

Reactions: Aleric1
Dakota Geer was his coach at Clarion and Olejnik he's teammate at NIU so Oklahoma st looks like where he will end up . But Iowa could definitely use him
Feldkamp is from Michigan and his dad wrestled at Michigan. Would imagine that makes sense if Michigan comes calling.

Feldkamp is from Michigan and his dad wrestled at Michigan. Would imagine that makes sense if Michigan comes calling.
Grad school at Michigan is pretty elite. So far, their grad transfers have had Bachelor’s degrees from Northwestern, Northwestern, Northwestern and Stanford. I’m a PA guy paying taxes that support the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education, but I’ll be a little surprised if a Clarion degree is accepted.

(Penn State is not part of the same state higher education system as Clarion; it falls into a different “state-related” category with Pitt, Temple and Lincoln.)

Last edited:
The problem is with his fit at Michigan lineup wise.

Michigan makes a ton of sense for their graduate degree opportunities, let alone with also the Michigan connection relative to where he’s actually from and where his dad wrestled as well.

I had no idea about those last 2 things, so thanks for sharing that.

Regarding the lineup, unless Feldcamp can go 197, the only place he may be slightly better than what Michigan has to put out there this year is at 184 with Rylan Rogers, and yea that’s Feldcamp’s weight.

But do you think that makes sense for Michigan to lose one of their top recruits in years in Rogers and lose 4 years of him as he begins his redshirt freshman season this year, and do so for a fringe AA guy for only 1 season?

I’m not sure they would do that trade off for one season even for a guy like Trent Hidlay for example if he was hypothetical available as 1 year hired gun in the portal….. not over 4 seasons with Rylan Rogers anyways.

Now at 197 they have Bobby Striggow most likely starting, and have promising freshman Hayden Walters who I’m 99% sure they want to redshirt.

So a stop gap at 197 still would make sense for Michigan, but I think Feldcamp is an 84 pounder all the way.

And also you obviously have Cam Amine and Shane Griffith now slotted in permanent marker at 165 and 174.

Reactions: Pennstate1985
The post you replied to was about Will Feldcamp. That’s who this thread is about. It’s literally in the subject line. And Griffith already announced for Michigan.
For a second there I thought you said Andy Griffith announced for Michigan😏

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT