ADVERTISEMENT

Clone board meltdown...

The hate and envy runs deep.

Just checked, they're literally at 7/8 pages crying about how UCONN got screwed on the illegal screen call.

A game they're not even involved in and a situation they can only dream of being in.
LOfreakingL.

Look, we will never know what could have happened and it was a pretty blatant moving screen (feet moving + leg extension + body leaning + elbow extension) but it’s not like they were laying the ball in the basket as the call was made. They were far from the bucket, Iowa had multiple defenders sniffing the play out, and Iowa also had a foul to give. With only a few seconds left I think we can agree that this chance for success was low, not impossible but maybe 10%?

Reactions: dadster
Look, we will never know what could have happened and it was a pretty blatant moving screen (feet moving + leg extension + body leaning + elbow extension) but it’s not like they were laying the ball in the basket as the call was made. They were far from the bucket, Iowa had multiple defenders sniffing the play out, and Iowa also had a foul to give. With only a few seconds left I think we can agree that this chance for success was low, not impossible but maybe 10%?
Something like that. Time was running out, there's no guarantee Bueckers gets off a shot, certainly not an uncontested one. Steulke was right there. If she does, she's 40% from 3 for the year. So yeah 10-20% ish chance overall.

What's really laughable is the people that say the game was "rigged". Yeah, if want to be sure one team wins you wait until the last few seconds and hope an opportunity presents itself to make a call. That's how you'd fix a game. FFS

• Love
Reactions: BirdistheWord
That's my point. Message board "fans" don't represent the entire fan base.
200w.gif

I think every fan base has its fair share of insufferable fans. As an ISU alumnus and fan, I have taken a lot or crap over the years from Hawk fans. I think Hayden Fry had a lot to do with the animosity between fan bases.
He rubbed it in. Hawk fans loved it. Cyclone fans hated it, and things grew from there.

Most of it is good natured ribbing. Some of it is just sheer meanness + stupidity. I have seem the same from ISU fans to Iowa fans. The MOST I have seen or read) is on message boards. No one has ever called me a "Clown" or "Hillbilly Dork" to my face, but I see it all the time on message boards. I guess anonymity allows for that. It's weird.

As for Clark, I think most (not all) Cyclone fans dislike the attention she gets because a lot (not all) Hawk fans + especially the media seem to ignore her antics on the floor. My argument is "how would Hawk fans respond to her behavior if she played for another team (especially Iowa State)". It's all about perspective. Iowa State fans felt slighted by the media this year. Probably the 2nd best team in their basketball history, but there were times you would never know it. KCRG in CR was awful about it (again from my perspective). We understand WHY Clark + the Iowa women got so much attention, but the media is supposed to be objective. Oftentimes they were not. It will be interesting next year to see how much attention the Iowa women get without Clark.

I think people see what they want to see sometimes, and are blinded by their Fandom. Clark is a great player, but her behavior on the floor is "questionable". That is what I see. A Hawk fan maybe sees something different. Switch uniforms, and perspectives sometime change. A questionable illegal screen call might depend on what team you cheer for? Same goes for DeJeans fair catch call, and the "blarge call" on Paul Shirley in the 2000 Elite 8 game vs. Michigan State. The list goes on + on with every team at every level.

Anyway Hawk fans, enjoy the game today. Although I'm not a Hawk fan, I am pulling for Iowa because I am an Iowan. It's pretty cool to have a team down the road play in the Final Four + title game.
I wouldn’t expect a Cedar Rapids station to be at all equal in coverage for ISU just like I would not expect an Ames station to equally cover the hawks. Overall, ISU Fan can be bitter about disproportionate coverage but that would be like Hawk fans being salty that ISU men’s team’s March madness got a lot more coverage than iOWA’s NIT. Different tournaments but light years apart as to achievement.

Last edited:
The hate and envy runs deep.

Just checked, they're literally at 7/8 pages crying about how UCONN got screwed on the illegal screen call.

A game they're not even involved in and a situation they can only dream of being in.
LOfreakingL.
I know your sick twisted games........boy

Reactions: MitchLL
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT