ADVERTISEMENT

Concerned About Fatigue

And1Hawk

HR Heisman
Mar 13, 2015
These last two games our three point shooting has not been there. It was around 25% until the last 4-5 minutes. That is two straight games it’s been off, given some great open looks.

With the core guys logging heavy minutes, it could be adding up and the ‘fade’ starting.

Reactions: mstp1992
I think that it’s because the games have been really physical and guys are having to work a lot harder to get good looks, rather than general fatigue. In both games, the guy guarding Garza should have fouled out. He’s shooting a lower percentage, and more focus can be placed on the Hawks’ shooters.

They’ll bounce back, and this **** won’t fly come tourney time

Fran needs to make sure he’s not over doing it in practice, in fact get the guys off their feet. We have 5 games in 15 days. If the 3 point shooting dips, there will be a fatigue fade.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
I hope CJF isn't hitting some freshman wall. Pure shooters don't airball.
Maybe some were tipped.

He has played a lot of minutes, fought through a lot of screens. It takes a toll.

Reactions: And1Hawk
I hope CJF isn't hitting some freshman wall. Pure shooters don't airball.
Maybe some were tipped.

He has played a lot of minutes, fought through a lot of screens. It takes a toll.

Playing with that Garbage Under Armor ball takes a toll.

I think they'll be fine. This is a mentally tough team and battle tested

Fatigue is experienced by every team this time of year. Some shooters get in arenas that just don't agree with them. CJF looked perfectly on point with his shot and release and... airballs. Later had a 4-point play.

Biggest issue tonight is the team had to play without its bread and butter: having the bigs down low to draw the attention of the D. It's harder to make shots when you KNOW the likelihood of Garza or Kriener grabbing the offensive board is completely wiped out.

Biggest issue I had with the team's play tonight is with Joe W. If that dude wants to play in the NBA, he has to be able to be to Iowa what Luka Doncic is to the Mavs. Be unstoppable. Seriously no reason why he can't be that guy on the B1G level.

When BK plays long enough to get into the flow he’s been really solid. Probably need to give him more of CJ’s minutes in the 1st/mid 2nd half.

People think that these guys are robots when it comes to shooting. Just because Frederick missed some shots doesn’t mean he’s injured or fatigued or “hit a wall”.

Fatigue is experienced by every team this time of year. Some shooters get in arenas that just don't agree with them. CJF looked perfectly on point with his shot and release and... airballs. Later had a 4-point play.

Biggest issue tonight is the team had to play without its bread and butter: having the bigs down low to draw the attention of the D. It's harder to make shots when you KNOW the likelihood of Garza or Kriener grabbing the offensive board is completely wiped out.

Biggest issue I had with the team's play tonight is with Joe W. If that dude wants to play in the NBA, he has to be able to be to Iowa what Luka Doncic is to the Mavs. Be unstoppable. Seriously no reason why he can't be that guy on the B1G level.

Joe W is nothing like Doncic. Joe doesn’t have great ball skills, which makes it hard for him isolate. He’s a very good off ball player who can shoot, straight line drive close outs and angles, and post. But if you are expecting him to impose his will on a game as a ball dominant player that is never going to happen.

These last two games our three point shooting has not been there. It was around 25% until the last 4-5 minutes. That is two straight games it’s been off, given some great open looks.

With the core guys logging heavy minutes, it could be adding up and the ‘fade’ starting.
Forget the 3s, garza was the only starter who shot more than 33% from 2!

Plane landed at 2 am last night. Who knows what time they got to bed and actual amount of quality sleep, school work, real life problems, etc each one struggles with. Heck of a grind - tough to be at peak performance and be up for the next game.

Reactions: anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba
Not sure last night had a lot to do with fatigue. If Garza and kriener do not get into foul trouble we easily could’ve gone into halftime with the lead. Garza let his frustrations get the better of him in the second half and started pressing. He has taken pride in being the guy that gets the job done for the team. Last night he had to watch. They will learn a lot from this loss, and if there is a silver lining, Garza and kriener will be well rested for Illinois.

Reactions: anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba
Not sure last night had a lot to do with fatigue. If Garza and kriener do not get into foul trouble we easily could’ve gone into halftime with the lead. Garza let his frustrations get the better of him in the second half and started pressing. He has taken pride in being the guy that gets the job done for the team. Last night he had to watch. They will learn a lot from this loss, and if there is a silver lining, Garza and kriener will be well rested for Illinois.
Well said

Going into the game, if you didn’t think last night was a likely pit fall, I don’t know what to tell you. Playing at Maryland is a tough task all by itself. Throw in that they’re ranked higher, we were on a winning streak and our good shooting nights have far outweighed our poor shooting nights, it was only a matter of time. It’s not a bad loss, and it doesn’t impact us negatively. If anything it’s a good reset for the guys.

The Carver crowd has been great this year. That will push us over the top. Maybe we should give everybody dinosaur shirts like Maryland.

So......no other team plays 3 games in 7 days, or 5 in 15? No other team’s plane arrives at 2 am? Sucks for the Hawks. Apparently all the other Big 10 teams get 4-5 days rest between every game.

So......no other team plays 3 games in 7 days, or 5 in 15? No other team’s plane arrives at 2 am? Sucks for the Hawks. Apparently all the other Big 10 teams get 4-5 days rest between every game.

5171c228d1af4.jpeg

Reactions: Arbor1

I believe 9/11 of our remaining games are against Quad 1 teams, so there aren't any easy games left. I fully expect the offensive production to be a little more uneven than it has been so far, as it's just really hard to consistently play at the level offensively that we have been.

For a game where we had major foul trouble well, didn't well, against a very good opponent, the team fought hard and was in the game until very late. I'd be more concerned had the effort dropped off as well and they lost by 20.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT