ADVERTISEMENT

*****Conference Tournament games thread*****

Truly have no idea what to make of ISU. Their defense will keep them in a lot of games but their offense is so limited.

Texas Tech is a mirror of them but with way more talent and depth so they’re a terrible matchup.

Just goes to show how bad Iowa was playing on the defensive end of the floor, as well as not hitting the boards, when they got it handed to them in Hilton back in early December.

Comparing Iowa now, to Iowa then, is like comparing the 1-seed in a major conference tourney to the lowest seed in a low mid-major tourney.

What a 180 between then and now.

Truly have no idea what to make of ISU. Their defense will keep them in a lot of games but their offense is so limited.

Texas Tech is a mirror of them but with way more talent and depth so they’re a terrible matchup.
Yep Tech is not a good match up for them, the Big 12 is like watching an NHL game.. Those teams just beat the crap out of each other. Refs can return their whistles for a refund, since they don't use them much

Tell me why we want the 5 seed again. A conference champ or a schmuck from a p5?
Easier path to second weekend than a 7 seed.

5 or 6 seed are ok with me. I’d rather Iowa get a 3 or 4 seed in the 2nd round than a 2 seed. The difference between a 2 seed and a 3 seed is much bigger than the difference between a 3 and a 4.

Reactions: HawkBall23
Tell me why we want the 5 seed again. A conference champ or a schmuck from a p5?
Until they lose tomorrow or Saturday, Hawks are playing for the 4 line, imo.

I think they'll probably be on the 4-line no matter the result on Sunday, but if beat Illinois on Saturday and then either Wisconsin or Purdue on Sunday, could make a decent argument for them flirting with a 3-seed.

ISU is kind of complicated. I think they're pretty average overall, but they have a bunch of players which give them a puncher's chance, especially when they are in their own gym or somewhere friendly like Kansas City. Brockington is such a streaky shooter. but he can get red hot and has a nice dribble drive game to boot. Hunter is the same type of player but with a lower ceiling. Their shooters are just ok. Conditt is a nice rim protector and they can switch on defense. If they get hot and get a favorable seed, they could get to the sweet 16. Would not surprise me one bit if they get blown out by a bad team either.

ISU is kind of complicated. I think they're pretty average overall, but they have a bunch of players which give them a puncher's chance, especially when they are in their own gym or somewhere friendly like Kansas City. Brockington is such a streaky shooter. but he can get red hot and has a nice dribble drive game to boot. Hunter is the same type of player but with a lower ceiling. Their shooters are just ok. Conditt is a nice rim protector and they can switch on defense. If they get hot and get a favorable seed, they could get to the sweet 16. Would not surprise me one bit if they get blown out by a bad team either.
Depending on how the game is called they could be a hard team to play in the tourney. If Refs let the teams play Big 12 overall might have a nice run. If they call it close and limit the physical play then Big 12 would struggle I think

Reactions: mikesright
At halftime, they moved the ISU game to Comedy Central.
brian-baumgartner-badumtss.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT