ADVERTISEMENT

"Congratulations! The Biden-Harris Administration has forgiven your federal student loan(s) listed below with Aidvantage in full."

Educators are not low paid. That is propaganda. Go look at what teachers get paid at the end of their careers. They aren't poor
lol. Teachers are poor bruh. You need the same $50k piece of paper to start out making $35-40k, hoping to rise up to $80k in 15-20 years. Given the cost of things today, the median earner is far more poor than rich.

Meanwhile, a $50k piece of paper with an entry level sales job will probably net you $80-100k in the first few years. And those are the idiots who didn’t even go to class and did drugs for 4 years.

Yet another attempt to buy votes.

While those of you clutching your pearls pride yourself in supporting these downtrodden people I would encourage you to think about the type of person who has been paying for college for 20 years. Think about the average college person in say 1997....

This is relief for a bunch of middle aged white dudes.
Welfare for the rich that's what it is.

lol. Teachers are poor bruh. You need the same $50k piece of paper to start out making $35-40k, hoping to rise up to $80k in 15-20 years. Given the cost of things today, the median earner is far more poor than rich.

Meanwhile, a $50k piece of paper with an entry level sales job will probably net you $80-100k in the first few years. And those are the idiots who didn’t even go to class and did drugs for 4 years.
The average salary for an assistant principal is right around $100k per year. Also, did I read that he is a retired assistant principal? He’s retired at 58 years old?

“My wife's an assistant principal, and I'm a retired assistant principal, but now I don't worry about crushing debt," Perry said. "I was relegated to dying with this debt. I mean, that's where it was. I was going to pay the minimum until I drop dead, and then it's over."

Also, did anyone else notice that the man whose loans were forgiven is wearing a hat from Hawaii in the article pic? Didn’t have the money to pay his bills but he had the money for a trip to Hawaii? lol

I don't see anybody coming up with ways to actually decrease costs here, even though we all see the bloat everywhere we look on a college campus

Northern, the next time you lift your face from that trough filled with your own feces and accidentally say something someone wouldn’t mistake for the utterance of a preschooler will be the first.

Damn Flick...

And to think you still had to edit that mess.

You're a wreck this morning.

Yet another attempt to buy votes.

While those of you clutching your pearls pride yourself in supporting these downtrodden people I would encourage you to think about the type of person who has been paying for college for 20 years. Think about the average college person in say 1997....

This is relief for a bunch of middle aged white dudes.
Republicans have been telling me middle aged white dudes are the most heavily oppressed people our world has ever known. Finally, this cohort, rubbed raw by wars on Christmas, football, and traditional American values is just a little less tread upon.

What a ridiculous irresponsible take.
He hadn't been paying for 20 years, he had been putting it in forbearance which is why the debt was greater than the original loan.
He and his wife were both assistant principals. They made PLENTY of money to pay off their debts but they simply chose not.
Instead they continued to kick the debt down the road bc they're irresponsible morons.
And we wonder why the average household is 100k+ in debt.
I'm so glad I get to pay for my 3 kids college as well as that of idiots like these. What a country.
That doesn't sound as good for their narrative though. Bottom feeders celebrating bottom feeders.

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
What a ridiculous irresponsible take.
He hadn't been paying for 20 years, he had been putting it in forbearance which is why the debt was greater than the original loan.
He and his wife were both assistant principals. They made PLENTY of money to pay off their debts but they simply chose not.
Instead they continued to kick the debt down the road bc they're irresponsible morons.
And we wonder why the average household is 100k+ in debt.
I'm so glad I get to pay for my 3 kids college as well as that of idiots like these. What a country.
i was actually fine with wiping off the debt of a guy paying it off (even if minimum) for 20 years particularly when outstanding is more than initial loan despite payments. but what you posted has me pissed off at this dude. wtf! even folks fine with paying off student debt for struggling folks should be pissed off at this example

The average salary for an assistant principal is right around $100k per year. Also, did I read that he is a retired assistant principal? He’s retired at 58 years old?

“My wife's an assistant principal, and I'm a retired assistant principal, but now I don't worry about crushing debt," Perry said. "I was relegated to dying with this debt. I mean, that's where it was. I was going to pay the minimum until I drop dead, and then it's over."

Also, did anyone else notice that the man whose loans were forgiven is wearing a hat from Hawaii in the article pic? Didn’t have the money to pay his bills but he had the money for a trip to Hawaii? lol
An assistant principal is not a teacher, they’re an administrator. A teacher who wants to make $100k has to stop being a teacher and become a bureaucratic administrator

An assistant principal is not a teacher, they’re an administrator. A teacher who wants to make $100k has to stop being a teacher and become a bureaucratic administrator
In Iowa City a teacher with an MA plus 30 credits and 14 years of experience makes 90k. Every year after 14 years they get a 2675 increase. That means on the current schedule a teacher with 20 years of experience is north of 100k a year. Not poor.

i was actually fine with wiping off the debt of a guy paying it off (even if minimum) for 20 years particularly when outstanding is more than initial loan despite payments. but what you posted has me pissed off at this dude. wtf! even folks fine with paying off student debt for struggling folks should be pissed off at this example
Look, I don't know of ANYONE who would not have been ok with forgiving some (or all in some extreme cases) of the interest or changing the terms a bit to help someone. But this??? This is illegal and should be stopped. Except that Biden already told the highest court in the land to go screw themselves on this. I wonder how many homeless children this money could have fed. UGH!

Nelly, please tell me in what world this move is fair or correct. I am sorry, but this is terrible and the taxpayer is getting SCREWED.

The liberal mind is a fascinating place to explore.

I learned from @fredjr82 today that when a person signs on to an obligation of debt and fails to live up to the expectations of that debt, a politician can come in and reassign that debt to other Americans, and you know what that's called?

That's "value" that "Joe and Harris" are "bringing Americans".

It’s adorbs that most of the usual suspects who are upset about student loan forgiveness didn’t say shit about the vast majority of corporate / bank / insurer bailouts.

Nuanced I suspect.

I love it when people don’t understand staffing and pay for public schools.

Maybe 18 year olds should paint themselves as young adult victims. I knew better than to spend 100k on a degree that would saddle me with debt
I'm happy for you that you knew better, you're probably smarter than the average 18 year old.

But many of these loans would never be made if there was any actual risk to the lenders. No way an 18 year old can get a business loan but by god sign here and we'll give you whatever it costs to attend college. Predatory.

It’s adorbs that most of the usual suspects who are upset about student loan forgiveness didn’t say shit about the vast majority of corporate / bank / insurer bailouts.

Nuanced I suspect.
I think both are dumb.

However, the bank bailouts, came with bank reforms at least. Maybe worthless ones, but they went together.

There’s no reforming going on (that I see) for student loans.

In Iowa City a teacher with an MA plus 30 credits and 14 years of experience makes 90k. Every year after 14 years they get a 2675 increase. That means on the current schedule a teacher with 20 years of experience is north of 100k a year. Not poor.
After 14 years and a few months on the phone with suicide hotline, a veteran teacher in a well paying district earns just above the median household income. This after spending tens of thousands on a piece of paper.

The median starting wage for an American teacher is about $35k.

A teacher with 25 years of experience won’t make what a decent 25 year old plumber makes in any American city.

No, we just want people who take out loans to pay them back.
Again… to whom are these loans paid too? Many of tge culprits were/are @for profit” colleges abs universities who are guilty of offering very little in student employment support after their students have graduated. This problem gas been an in-going issue for over twenty years. Too liberal legislators (Senator Tom Harkin , Ia. And Congresswomen Maxine Walters of Calif.) were the only legislators that tried to get these “for profits” to comply with student placement…and then tried to have thee violators removed from “student aid loan” programs…but Congress never found time or energy to act of this initiative.
There is plenty of blame here…. A lot more than those who took the loans out… the banks making the loans deeerve some responsibility as well as the many institutions who received the money but failed to deliver services promised.

Nuanced I suspect.So

Nuanced I suspect.
So, I can assume you are great with Reynolds School Choice push here in Iowa...correct?

Again… to whom are these loans paid too? Many of tge culprits were/are @for profit” colleges abs universities who are guilty of offering very little in student employment support after their students have graduated. This problem gas been an in-going issue for over twenty years. Too liberal legislators (Senator Tom Harkin , Ia. And Congresswomen Maxine Walters of Calif.) were the only legislators that tried to get these “for profits” to comply with student placement…and then tried to have thee violators removed from “student aid loan” programs…but Congress never found time or energy to act of this initiative.
There is plenty of blame here…. A lot more than those who took the loans out… the banks making the loans deeerve some responsibility as well as the many institutions who received the money but failed to deliver services promised.
I agree, the Colleges and Banks are at fault as well. Probably the Colleges more then the banks......but these people who took out the loans need to pay them back. This is not rocket science. If the government wants to forgive the interest and then restructure their payback, I am good with that. Otherwise, this is crap and should NEVER have happened.

I have no idea what that is and how it would tie into student loans? Explain please?
I am truly surpised that with as many post as you have on this site that you do not know what this is refering to. But, Reynolds started a school choice voucher program here in Iowa where taxpayer funds are being used to let people choose alternatives to public education. Now, I chose to send my kids to our private Catholic Grade school and would NEVER expect another taxpayer to pay for the choice that I made. But, that is what is happening with what Biden did. Biden is taking OUR tax dollars and paying off the loans of people who made stupid choices and now don't want to pay their loan back.

So, are you for BOTH of these moves?

• Haha
Reactions: WDSMHAWK
Look, I don't know of ANYONE who would not have been ok with forgiving some (or all in some extreme cases) of the interest or changing the terms a bit to help someone. But this??? This is illegal and should be stopped. Except that Biden already told the highest court in the land to go screw themselves on this. I wonder how many homeless children this money could have fed. UGH!
Hey Mclovin....why don't you enighten us as to what it was about my post you found so funny?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT