ADVERTISEMENT

Cooper Coming Back?

NIL deal + 10 to 12 plays on the offensive side of the ball per game and Coop has a serious chance of winning this …

ct-heisman-trophy-obscurity-lincicome-spt-1204-20161203

I don’t recalling seeing anything definitive on here. But did he get hurt while practicing on offense? If so I bet thats enough to stop KF from ever using him on offense again if he does come back. I still think he should go pro this year but it’s all up to him.

I don’t recalling seeing anything definitive on here. But did he get hurt while practicing on offense? If so I bet thats enough to stop KF from ever using him on offense again if he does come back. I still think he should go pro this year but it’s all up to him.
that was confirmed by beat writers. hurt practicing O

Rumor I heard was Graves fell on him? Something like that. Sounded kinda freakish accident sorta thing

Reactions: Legs94
My sources say it’s a very good possibility. Big NIL package being put together. We will know soon.
I contribute to Swarm at a low level because I’m poor…but if I were rich?? Let’s just say there are worse things I could think of to spend my money on then making it worth Coop’s while to play one more year in college…

I wonder what advice he’d get from Desmond King, Riley Moss, Josh Jackson, Amani Hooker and Geno Stone. Different paths. Of course none had NIL to consider.

If he is top 20 in the draft where many have him slotted, he would be walking away from $15M -$20M. At least $10M gauranteed. I just don't see it.

With a lucrative insurance policy and NIL package, who knows. Stranger things have happened.

Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
If his value is 1st round 10 to 20 mil and his goal is to play in the NFL, he needs to move on. He can help Iowa in many ways as a pro player.

1-2 offensive series a game playing QB with any success would make him a shoe-in for the top 3 in the Heisman and jack his NIL value. Winning the Heisman is a crapshoot.

If the Offense is Ranked 120's out of 131 FBS teams next year, I don't think it even gets to crap shoot level. Heisman doesn't go to players on mediocre teams even if they are good on 1-side of the ball.

If he is top 20 in the draft where many have him slotted, he would be walking away from $15M -$20M. At least $10M gauranteed. I just don't see it.

With a lucrative insurance policy and NIL package, who knows. Stranger things have happened.
Yeah, I don’t see it either. I don’t know how you pass on first round money.

If the Offense is Ranked 120's out of 131 FBS teams next year, I don't think it even gets to crap shoot level. Heisman doesn't go to players on mediocre teams even if they are good on 1-side of the ball.
Well, that’s the deal, correct. .he would need “some success” on offense.

I'll always wonder what would have been if he played on the other side of the ball. He looks like a McCaffrey clone.

Selfishly I'd love to see him in black and gold next season but he should go play on Sundays.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
I contribute to Swarm at a low level because I’m poor…but if I were rich?? Let’s just say there are worse things I could think of to spend my money on then making it worth Coop’s while to play one more year in college…
I give monthly since inception boys! It’s the new landscape of college football. Everyone with an interest in a successful football team, must give even if it’s only $10/month. Our b-ball team is beyond help because we keep recruiting guys that look like they came from the J-Crew sales counter.

If You saw His golf video He isnt able to put any stress on the leg yet and if You look at the videos close there is muscle atrophy and loss in the leg , tough decision to make, either way He is going to get some cash . I do not think He will be 100% by Combine time and that will affect His Draft stock

Inserting a guy for 10 plays a game on offense rarely works. It's obvious when he comes in who the play is centered on. Unless you're suggesting he's a decoy or runs an RPO...in which case hell would have frozen over.

I give monthly since inception boys! It’s the new landscape of college football. Everyone with an interest in a successful football team, must give even if it’s only $10/month. Our b-ball team is beyond help because we keep recruiting guys that look like they came from the J-Crew sales counter.
Not Foot Locker?

do you have examples? I can't think of a single one recently outside of Andrew Luck.
He maybe was not gonna be a 1st rounder but would have been up there, but didn't Jack Campbell come back when he was probably gonna be a 2nd/3rd rounder?

He has been compared to Nile Kinnick. Nile Kinnick would have come back.

We all would. It's about what's best for him, though.
Exactly ... and what's best for him may be playing one more year at Iowa, getting his name on Kinnick, leading the team to a great season and increasing his draft stock to top 10 or top 5. It's all up to him and what he wants. Either way I support him 100%. Great Hawkeye either way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT