ADVERTISEMENT

Cooper DeJean, George Barnett, BF, and stuff

DeJean was a quarterback and defensive back for the football team, scoring 80 touchdowns and passing for 78. As a senior, DeJean finished the 100-meter dash in 10.71 seconds, the fastest of any runner in the state.

Reactions: cmhawks99
KF’s record the last 7-8 years have been great. Wtf are you talking about him sticking around a decade too long?
Yeah, an undefeated reg season, two more ten-win seasons, including another division title. KF's teams I think had a five-game winning bowl game streak going until last season. That's just the last eight seasons.

We are Iowa people, Iowa. Not tOSU, not Michigan. We don't load up with 4 and 5 star recruits every year. We don't have the money to buy players now that NIL is upon us.

Fry certainly didn't use him properly. Like KF, he hung around a decade too long. He was just awful his last years. TD would had been much better off playing for Bill Walsh at Stanford like he wanted to do.
He was an NFL WR and punt returner, so I think HF used him correctly. You have to remember we had Tavian Banks at the same time, so both couldn’t be tailbacks. Two generational playmaker offensive talents at one time, but no good QB. Cruel fate.

HF talked about also letting him play defense his last year, he would have been a helluva safety. But it’s hard to argue with how Dwight was used on offense.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Yeah, an undefeated reg season, two more ten-win seasons, including another division title. KF's teams I think had a five-game winning bowl game streak going until last season. That's just the last eight seasons.

We are Iowa people, Iowa. Not tOSU, not Michigan. We don't load up with 4 and 5 star recruits every year. We don't have the money to buy players now that NIL is upon us.
OSU and Michigan were loading up on 4 and 5 star recruits long before NIL and the portal. The difference now is programs like Iowa can grab some of that 4 star talent that's sitting behind other 4 and 5 star talent. See CM and All.

Nah. He’s never had a 5-game bowl winning streak, although he did recently have a 5-game bowl losing streak (2011-2016).

The Hawks have only won 4 out of their last 10. FYI.

OSU and Michigan were loading up on 4 and 5 star recruits long before NIL and the portal. The difference now is programs like Iowa can grab some of that 4 star talent that's sitting behind other 4 and 5 star talent. See CM and All.
That's kind of my point. There are vast disparities in recruiting that inhere 120 years of structural development, and those are the blue bloods. Most of those blue bloods can now widen the disparities by out paying schools like Iowa for the best players. They have far larger resources and access to resources. So places like that might shed a few good players a year but the B level teams will lack the resources to sign enough such players to become A level teams.

But at least short-term Iowa has made the biggest splash with McNamara thus far.

I trust LeVar Woods in what he is doing. I would imagine most Iowa fans do, too.

You call Bruce mediocre to poor as a punt returner. Well, if one were to be fair, how many punts did Cooper not catch yesterday, where as a result, Iowa started out with much worse field position?

KF has stated recently, when asked about the OL, that he knows a lot about the OL and OL coaching and that Barnett is a great OL coach. I think most Iowa fans would trust KF's public assessment of Barnett. Yet, you, who know nothing about OL play, think he should have never been hired?

The problem, imo, is the lack of talent in our current stable of offensive linemen. I think they are getting the coaching; I just don't think they are good enough to get the job done on a consistent basis.
Two words: slow feet.

Reactions: Franisdaman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT