ADVERTISEMENT

Cooper DeJean going #15 Overall in this NFL Mock Draft

Clearly the GMs around the NFL consider him not sneaky fast enough to be a first rounder.
This is what i think held him back. He never really appeared that fast on the field. More of a glider.

I feel if Micah Hyde was more athletic than Cooper on the field and he turned out to have a great career when he moved to safety.

Most Iowa defensive backs end up there. It’s the nature of the Iowa scheme

Im not sure coming back for another year at Iowa would have helped his stock. A lot of factors working against him. I feel badly for Coop.
It’s not about that, it’s about letting go of the brotherhood to reach for the brass ring, and now losing out on both.

This coming season for Iowa could be special and he could’ve been a big part of it.

whoever gave Him the advice to enter the draft need beat up coming off the broken leg and seeing how His stock dropped . He could have been an immortal now He is a 2nd round pick

Kirk didn't want him practicing or playing on offense because he was already on D and special teams; KF eventually gave in and what happens? He gets hurt practicing w/ our pathetic offense

Our offense keeps delivering, man, and not in a good way.

It cost Cooper a lot of money.

This is what i think held him back. He never really appeared that fast on the field. More of a glider.

I feel if Micah Hyde was more athletic than Cooper on the field and he turned out to have a great career when he moved to safety.

Most Iowa defensive backs end up there. It’s the nature of the Iowa scheme
He ran a 4.44 3 months after breaking His leg, Go read a McCalls

AJ the sequel. Jitters at drafting a white corner in the first round?
Probably a factor along with his injury and the focus on offense.

Sometimes, though, when a guy falls down the board teams second-guess themselves and think maybe they missed something. It's too good to be true that this guy hasn't been selected yet. We better pass, too.

He didn't get drafted in the 1st round because he's a white DB. There, I said it. We all know it. Some team is going to get an absolute game changer tomorrow.
Same reason Uthoff got cut from the Raptors as the last roster spot because the Players felt He wasnt as good a Locker room fit , but racism is only against People of color they say . Those soy infused analysts in draft rooms or in front offices who virtue signal stereotypes then are the first to cry systematic racism are one of the biggest reasons the Country is now eroding. Skin color should never be a consideration , merit should .

The money we're talking about as a player slides in the Draft:

The #18 pick in last year's draft was Jack Campbell.

Jack signed a 4 year, FULLY GUARANTEED $14,722,004 contract with the Detroit Lions, including a $7,706,912 signing bonus.

Cash Earnings the first 2 years:
2023: $8,456,912
2024: $1,419,183

The #25 pick in last year's draft was Deonte Banks, a CB out of Maryland.

Deonte Banks signed a 4 year, FULLY GUARANTEED $13,579,395 contract with the NY Giants, including a $6,875,924 signing bonus.

2023: $7,625,924
2024: $1,367,245

The #32 pick
in last year's draft was Felix Anudike-Uzomah, a DE out of Kansas State.

Felix Anudike-Uzomah signed a 4 year, FULLY GUARANTEED $11,817,817 contract with the Kansas City Chiefs, including a $5,594,776 signing bonus.

2023: $6,344,776
2024: $1,287,173

Reactions: kegan
Maybe DUI Felon ,@Chishawk1425 would like to respond... Cooper wasn't drafted in the 1st round because he is a white kid with amazing athletic ability. I wish he would have came back but pussy lib losers like you get it... you made it this way, Republicans wearing an Iowa uniform...here's some news to you psycho... Kirk Ferentz is republican and has donated to them, now go practice hanging yourself when TRUMP wins again!!!

I am just confused why the Vikings took McCarthey with the 10th pick. a guy our defense shut down.
How did Iowa shut him down? He beat you 26-0 without breaking a sweat...oh...you mean he didn't throw for 100,000,000 yards? Yeah because there is something called a game plan...coaches get paid a lot of money for it and the players are expected to follow it

How did Iowa shut him down? He beat you 26-0 without breaking a sweat...oh...you mean he didn't throw for 100,000,000 yards? Yeah because there is something called a game plan...coaches get paid a lot of money for it and the players are expected to follow it
ssh shut up GIF by DigitalPratik™

Reactions: Hawky42
It’s intellectually dishonest to not account for the worst P5 offense in the last 25 years. I do agree that your offense went into scrum mode knowing our offense couldn’t score but fat boys’ fumbles juiced your point total.

Iowa shut him down more than any team Michigan played, including OSU and the two playoff games. When the only touchdown drives you give up are like two and six yards, then the defense did their job. A part of that might have been Harbaugh knew the game was over at 10 to 0 in the first quarter.

He's going to have money in hand. A lot of it.
Coming back gets him an, arguably, small chance of getting more money. Coming back also gives him a not insignificant chance of injury. If I'm him, I'm overall OK with my decision.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT