ADVERTISEMENT

Cooper DeJean going #15 Overall in this NFL Mock Draft

Geez, I've seen him ranked at #31 and #8 in the first two sites I visited. Whoever gets him will be happy.
Agreed, and I have seen some mock drafts where he doesn't even get drafted until the second round. Dude is a stud and whichever team gets him is going to be stoked once he shows up and they can see how he performs.

Reactions: Mohawkeye

26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa

Coach Todd Bowles loves versatility on the back end, and that's exactly what DeJean brings to the table. Cornerback Carlton Davis III left for Detroit, and safety Antoine Winfield Jr. might be in town for only one year on the franchise tag. DeJean had seven interceptions over his final two seasons at Iowa and is an outstanding punt returner. Although I would start him at corner, he eventually could evolve into a terrific safety because of his 6-1 size, physicality and range.

Reactions: Franisdaman

26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa

Coach Todd Bowles loves versatility on the back end, and that's exactly what DeJean brings to the table. Cornerback Carlton Davis III left for Detroit, and safety Antoine Winfield Jr. might be in town for only one year on the franchise tag. DeJean had seven interceptions over his final two seasons at Iowa and is an outstanding punt returner. Although I would start him at corner, he eventually could evolve into a terrific safety because of his 6-1 size, physicality and range.

I just hope he doesn't drop out of the first round because of the damn injury from practicing with the offense.

He's cleared for doing the drills for his April 8 Pro Day; hopefully he shines.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
With the 23rd pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, @EvilMonkeyInTheCloset 's Minnesota Vikings select....

23. Vikings (from Cleveland Browns via Houston Texans) – Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa​

If this selection doesn't factor into Minnesota's quarterback plan, the Vikings' decision to trade into the spot will draw plenty of scorn. But with an incoming rookie signal-caller already selected, DeJean is an intriguing option as a versatile chess piece in coverage. And Brian Flores would no doubt be intrigued with the possibilities he can offer as a blitzer.

NFL.com has him going #22 overall to the Eagles.

DeJean had an outstanding college career and showed out at his private workout. He can play corner or safety and is a special teams Swiss Army Knife. Is picking him at 22 too rich? Maybe. But I can see him in an Eagles uniform.

I met Cooper yesterday when he was signing autographs and giving photo opportunites to Hy-Vee shoppers in North Liberty, Iowa. I had him sign my Hawkeye flag next to A.J. Epenesa's. He is a quiet person - didn't say much but laughed when I said he is going to have to fight hard to keep up with Caitlin. I wished him the best !!
We met A.J. Epenesa when he was honorary captain of a high school all - star team at the

Polynesian Bowl in Honolulu - Over 70 players in the NFL are of Polynesian descent.​

In this mock from today, CBS Sports has Cooper going #15 overall to the Indianapolis Colts

player headshot
Cooper DeJean CB
IOWA • JR • 6'1" / 207 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM​

Indianapolis

PROSPECT RNK​

23rd

POSITION RNK​

3rd

REC​

REYDS​

YDS/REC​

TDS​

Cooper DeJean over Terrion Arnold may surprise some but Indianapolis values athleticism and DeJean showed more of it at his pro day. Cornerback is a big need for the franchise as evidenced by their involvement in trade discussions for L'Jarius Sneed. They discuss it here in the first round.

In Yahoo Sports' mock draft from today:

19. Los Angeles RamsCooper DeJean, CB, Iowa​

The Rams still have a need in the secondary even though they brought in Kamren Curl, Tre’Davious White and Darious Williams. They could use a long-term option with the upside to play all over the secondary and DeJean fits that bill. He has the athleticism to play cornerback and the toughness to be a safety as well. He might end up being a steal if he goes this late in the first round.

I hope my Pack makes a trade up to get him. They have 11 picks in this years draft. 11 guys are not making the roster so the opportunity is there for them. I don't think he will fall lower than the low 20s but probably more in the 15-18 range.

I hope my Pack makes a trade up to get him. They have 11 picks in this years draft. 11 guys are not making the roster so the opportunity is there for them. I don't think he will fall lower than the low 20s but probably more in the 15-18 range.

What's a little worrisome is most final mock drafts from today have him going #20 or worse.

For example, FOX Sports has him going #22 to the Eagles:

Pete Prisco of CBS Sports has him going #25 to your Green Bay Packers:

Reactions: Packer54
What's a little worrisome is most final mock drafts from today have him going #20 or worse.

Man it is hard for me to see that.....BUT.....they have a hell of a bunch more intel that some old dude like me from WDM! If he fell to 25 and Green Bay DID NOT take him I/m driving to GB to have a chat with someone. I guess I am like any Iowa fan...I want to see my Iowa guys on my Pro team and if not, please be in the AFC.

Vegas has the over/under at pick 22.5. I'd say that sounds about right.

Man it is hard for me to see that.....BUT.....they have a hell of a bunch more intel that some old dude like me from WDM! If he fell to 25 and Green Bay DID NOT take him I/m driving to GB to have a chat with someone. I guess I am like any Iowa fan...I want to see my Iowa guys on my Pro team and if not, please be in the AFC.

I just find it sadly ironic that his injury (that might have impacted him financially if he drops too far) came while practicing on offense (where he volunteered to help spark that impotent offense)

Reactions: Packer54
I just find it sadly ironic that his injury (that might have impacted him financially if he drops too far) came while practicing on offense (where he volunteered to help spark that impotent offense)
I don't know that the injury ultimately plays a big role in what pick he ends up at. It wasn't a soft tissue thing....bones tend to heal fine with no residual effects. He showed well at his pro day and his tape looks fantastic.

If we're being honest, we all know what will ultimately hold him back from being a higher draft pick....and it's something he can't do anything about.

interesting. crazy how you can bet on anything.
No kidding.....It seems like in most years it ends up being about position runs in the first few rounds. A bunch of QBs early make sense. Then if you start to see an O-line run in the draft, moods shift. Or in the case of Cooper, a CB run. OR a 2 for 1 draft trade to move up. Looking forward to tonite. I honestly wish the best for that dude because he was the absolute bomb for Iowa football. I have not seen that type of crowd hype over one guy at an Iowa game for a LONG time in Iowa football.....he was it, and then some.

I don't know that the injury ultimately plays a big role in what pick he ends up at. It wasn't a soft tissue thing....bones tend to heal fine with no residual effects. He showed well at his pro day and his tape looks fantastic.

If we're being honest, we all know what will ultimately hold him back from being a higher draft pick....and it's something he can't do anything about.

It just sucks that he was not able to do any drills and impress all 32 teams at the NFL Combine (he only did interviews).

He was then not fully cleared by doctors until late March and then only worked out for 25 NFL teams on Monday, April 8 in Iowa City.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT