ADVERTISEMENT

Cooper DeJean going #15 Overall in this NFL Mock Draft

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa

15. LOS ANGELES CHARGERS: CB COOPER DEJEAN, IOWA

Speaking of teams that need help on defense, the Chargers could use a top playmaker in their secondary, and DeJean is one of the best. He can play outside cornerback, slot cornerback or even safety at 6-foot-1 and 205 pounds. Across 198 coverage snaps in 2023, he has earned an 82.1 coverage grade with just 93 yards allowed.

How many more TDs will he need to be consensus All American ?

15. LOS ANGELES CHARGERS: CB COOPER DEJEAN, IOWA

Speaking of teams that need help on defense, the Chargers could use a top playmaker in their secondary, and DeJean is one of the best. He can play outside cornerback, slot cornerback or even safety at 6-foot-1 and 205 pounds. Across 198 coverage snaps in 2023, he has earned an 82.1 coverage grade with just 93 yards allowed.

Yeah well he should stay at Iowa for at least another year so that we can win a got dam national f***ing CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

Cash ideally

FWIW, Castro has to see the field. So I’d go so far as to say, the combination in the backfield is best with Coop at CB and Castro @ cash and Schulte/Nwankpa (all likely NFL players except maybe Schulte) @ Sfty…

As opposed to Lee at CB and Coop elsewhere. He can play all of them proficiently!

Last edited:
I have to presume he would need to move to safety in the NFL

Along that line of thinking, the last White Cornerback in NFL that started for an entire season was something like 20 years ago. There are exceptions to any rules, but it there haven't been a lot of white guys with the speed, quickness, change of direction, balance to make it as starter or even bench player at NFL level at CB position.

I havent heard much on Riley Moss career in NFL .... I always thought he'd be a safety at NFL level. Cooper Dejean is more natural at coverage than Riley, but I don't think he's better raw combine performance athlete than Riley. Cooper is great at college level---getting guaranteed 1st round money will take an NFL GM with some balz to go out on a limb. Cooper also looks pretty skinny compared to most NFL guys. This is all fine...Iowa needs to come up with some NIL money to keep Coop in school.

My comp for him would be a faster version of Harrison Smith. Imagine Cooper operating in a multiple defense. You have to believe that he would be a nightmare if unleashed in a blitz package.
I also think his 40 time would warrant a 1st round pick. You never really hear anything from the team. The tidbits you do get tell you that is a low 4.4 and possible sub 4.4 guy. Either way, he is a hellava football player and the game seems slower for him than others.
In time we will see.

NFL Combine: Feb 26-March 4, 2024

March 21, 2023: this year's Iowa Pro Day. Assuming it will be a similar date in 2024.

NFL Draft: Thur Apr 25, 2024 – Sat Apr 27, 2024

Maybe, if he can play CB.

Safety isn’t a position you should over pay or over draft.

Pash rushers and CB is where you spend money.

Not that I would, but if he came back, and put up a similar season against the New teams in the conference, could he break into the top ten? Injury could drop him to late first, early second.

Reactions: Franisdaman
This isn't going to age well. Don't remember where I saw this article but it asked whether Cooper is going to break the combine. Dude is a freak athlete with elite cover metrics. NFL teams are going to be drooling over Cooper.

hopefully Cooper is ready to go on Feb 26

If Cooper can’t participate at 100% in the NFL combine, where he’d definitely wow people, his draft status will be hurt some

He could potentially come back to Iowa for 2024 and make it financially advantageous if he goes from 2nd round to 1st round as a result

Again, depends on the injury. But between NIL, and draft improvement, coming back could pay off for him

Potentially

This isn't going to age well. Don't remember where I saw this article but it asked whether Cooper is going to break the combine. Dude is a freak athlete with elite cover metrics. NFL teams are going to be drooling over Cooper.
What do you anticipate his 40 time being?

“freak” at the combine for a CB is all about the 40 time.

If Cooper can’t participate at 100% in the NFL combine, where he’d definitely wow people, his draft status will be hurt some

He could potentially come back to Iowa for 2024 and make it financially advantageous if he goes from 2nd round to 1st round as a result

Again, depends on the injury. But between NIL, and draft improvement, coming back could pay off for him

Potentially

Lots of if's and I will add to them. ;)

If it will take 8 weeks to recover, that takes us to the middle, and at worst end, of January, 2024.

NFL Combine: Feb 26-March 4, 2024.

March 21, 2023: this year's Iowa Pro Day. Assuming it will be a similar date in 2024. Last year every NFL team was represented so Cooper would have another chance to shine & show he's healthy.

NFL Draft: Thur Apr 25, 2024 – Sat Apr 27, 2024.

#22 in today's Sporting News NFL Mock Draft.

He's going to @EvilMonkeyInTheCloset 's Minnesota Vikings.

22. Minnesota Vikings (6-6)

• Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa (6-1, 209 pounds)
As the Vikings' ace defensive coordinator, Brian Flores likes to have versatile pieces on the back end. Whether DeJean is a safety, corner, nickel back or outside cover man, he just flat-out makes plays all over the field.

The Full Story:

#22 in today's Sporting News NFL Mock Draft.

He's going to @EvilMonkeyInTheCloset 's Minnesota Vikings.

22. Minnesota Vikings (6-6)

• Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa (6-1, 209 pounds)
As the Vikings' ace defensive coordinator, Brian Flores likes to have versatile pieces on the back end. Whether DeJean is a safety, corner, nickel back or outside cover man, he just flat-out makes plays all over the field.

The Full Story:

I'd rather his pro career not be wasted.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT