ADVERTISEMENT

Cops Shamelessly Laugh at Army Vet Who Wet Himself After Security Officers Deny Him Access to Bathroom

Alright, I'm listening. What in that says alcohol wasn't involved? How many people do you know that are up at 2 am trying to piss in pizza places that haven't had a few brews?

Just because he had a medical condition didn't mean he wasn't drinking also.

Change your pants.

Who really cares? The man needed to urinate. He wanted to do it domestically in a bathroom and not on the street. I'm sure you would have fault if he took a piss on the sidewalk.

Reactions: torbee
Whether or not he was drinking, and whether he should have been allowed to use the bathroom, is completely independent of these cops proving themselves to be unsympathetic, uncaring people who apparently don't have the disposition necessary to be good cops. Or, people.

Who really cares? The man needed to urinate. He wanted to do it domestically in a bathroom and not on the street. I'm sure you would have fault if he took a piss on the sidewalk.
Whiskey is from West Davenport --- he probably pisses in alleys and on dumpsters more often than in a toilet.

Because "army vet laughed at for pissing himself" and "man told place of business did not have public restrooms" tends to paint a different picture. Especially when you consider the normal shenanigans of 2 am. Should they have let him piss, sure. Would I have thought he was dumb for pissing in the street. Yes. Do I think someone with a known medical condition probably had a little more forethought than "Holy shit I'm going to piss myself with a complication I've known all night exist" questionable.

Whiskey is from West Davenport --- he probably pisses in alleys and on dumpsters more often than in a toilet.
I'd be lying if I said I haven't pissed in multiple alleys in my days, but if I had an option, I would certainly choose a bathroom.

When I had a college summer job out in timbuktu rural sw Iowa for DOT, I took a massive deuce behind some farmer's grainbin. But I figured the bugs and critters would eat it before harvest. Felt bad, but not really

I'd be lying if I said I haven't pissed in multiple alleys in my days, but if I had an option, I would certainly choose a bathroom.

When I had a college summer job out in timbuktu rural sw Iowa for DOT, I took a massive deuce behind some farmer's grainbin. But I figured the bugs and critters would eat it before harvest. Felt bad, but not really
I ****ing pulled over and pissed on a gravel road today.

Outdoor shits are the best, that farmer didn't give a shit.

• Haha
Reactions: Jimmy McGill
Because "army vet laughed at for pissing himself" and "man told place of business did not have public restrooms" tends to paint a different picture. Especially when you consider the normal shenanigans of 2 am. Should they have let him piss, sure. Would I have thought he was dumb for pissing in the street. Yes. Do I think someone with a known medical condition probably had a little more forethought than "Holy shit I'm going to piss myself with a complication I've known all night exist" questionable.

I'm guessing you have never been on diuretics for a health condition. I'm on them. And it is a thing that can catch you out of nowhere sometimes how bad you have to piss. Not enjoyable and certainly something nothing to be laughed at by these bozos. Karma will catch up with them

What do you want me to say? We have one side of the story as to why he wasn't allowed in. Does the restaurant restrict such?
Well, we saw lady copy having a laugh as she arrived on the scene. I will assume she recognized the two off duty cops working security and immediately decided there wasn't any validity to the original call. She should have been more professional. Each interaction with a citizen should be approached the same. There was a callousness displayed by all four officers.

Well, we saw lady copy having a laugh as she arrived on the scene. I will assume she recognized the two off duty cops working security and immediately decided there wasn't any validity to the original call. She should have been more professional. Each interaction with a citizen should be approached the same. There was a callousness displayed by all four officers.

Well, they're living in the flesh.

I think it's important to let this review run its course.

And I'm going to go out on a limb.....none of them served their country in uniform overseas like the individual who was in 3 war zones.

Reactions: McLovin32
And there is a law in Texas that says he has to be granted access because of his medical condition. The officers in the store should have known the law.
But where is the footage of his interaction and explaining this? (I'd love to see it, to get the full context). And again, not standing up for the cops. I will call them out like a mfr.

But where is the footage of his interaction and explaining this? (I'd love to see it, to get the full context). And again, not standing up for the cops. I will call them out like a mfr.
It would be good to see full body camera, but my guess is the off duty officers didn’t have theirs on.

Reactions: PoopandBoogers
And I'm going to go out on a limb.....none of them served their country in uniform overseas like the individual who was in 3 war zones.

You don't know that. A sizeable portion of law enforcement are veterans.

Either way, it's irrelevant. If you're handicap, you're handicap.

Well, they're living in the flesh.

I think it's important to let this review run its course.
Weird that you spend a lot of your time being woke about people you've never met not standing for the national anthem because it disrespects veterans, but you don't get too worked up about some cops forcing a veteran whose body is failing him due to injuries received during his service to urinate on himself.

Weird that you spend a lot of your time being woke about people you've never met not standing for the national anthem because it disrespects veterans, but you don't get too worked up about some cops forcing a veteran whose body is failing him due to injuries received during his service to urinate on himself.

No, I've never characterized it that way. I think it's disrespectful to the country. The anthem is for every American.

Why are you casting judgment before a full review is complete?

Completely agree. There are some really good LEOs, and I can point you to the ones I know. There are some really bad ones though. Ego trip, narcissistic assholes. I'm a firm believer in a 4 year degree requirement for all law enforcement. Psych evals, sociology classes, constitutional law x2, and mediation courses. There are way too many people that go into it for the wrong reasons, good pay, backed by unions, rarely held accountable, and have the power control of folks not in uniform.

It happens all over the country. A bad cop is put on paid suspension and then given a letter or recommendation to go another towns LEO. Small towns are the worst at this. Look at what happened down in Kansas. He left KC to go to a rural town and do whatever he wanted.
You plan on starting LEO salaries at 100k with those requirements? There is no way someone is going through all that to be a police officer making 50k a year

Reactions: torbee
There is no excuse for the LEOs action here. However, the angst here seems to be because the “victim” was a Vet....that is misplaced. Sorry. No person deserves to be ignored like this.
We often times love to “victimize” our Vets when in fact folks from all walks of life can be badly treated. We need to take a wider view of mistreatment.

There is no excuse for the LEOs action here. However, the angst here seems to be because the “victim” was a Vet....that is misplaced. Sorry. No person deserves to be ignored like this.
We often times love to “victimize” our Vets when in fact folks from all walks of life can be badly treated. We need to take a wider view of mistreatment.
I agree and, as a Vet, is why this was my response, "This is a case of simply not being a decent human being. Who the frack laughs at causing an adult to wet themselves?" Knowing or not knowing he was a Vet shouldn't have affected how they behaved.

I agree and, as a Vet, is why this was my response, "This is a case of simply not being a decent human being. Who the frack laughs at causing an adult to wet themselves?" Knowing or not knowing he was a Vet shouldn't have affected how they behaved.
Again...if the guy was just some homeless unfortunate, or a mentally impaired person....would the OP be as outraged?
I’m sorry....but I honestly believe Vets are well taken care of in America for the most part....and they deserve the extra benefits. I begrudge most Vets nothing...but we need to start treating people AS people because they are people.

You plan on starting LEO salaries at 100k with those requirements? There is no way someone is going through all that to be a police officer making 50k a year
They make a lot more than 50k. And have amazing benefits. And, get as much overtime as they want.

I expect that strictly depends on location but regardless, why is that a problem for you?

Because if you don't properly educate kids, they will be more likely to become criminals. I would rather be proactive than reactive with our population. Teachers get assaulted all the time and they don't have the badge, the gun, the pepper spray, the right to put hands on students. Cops do. With less education. Not a hard concept for me.

Reactions: This_Hawk_Abides
Because if you don't properly educate kids, they will be more likely to become criminals. I would rather be proactive than reactive with our population. Teachers get assaulted all the time and they don't have the badge, the gun, the pepper spray, the right to put hands on students. Cops do. With less education. Not a hard concept for me.

Maybe they should consider switching over and being a cop then.

Reactions: DogBoyRy
Mason City is right now offering 83,000 wage, plus 9,000 moving costs plus 2500 if you live in city limits. Tell me how many people get that?

Doesn't include overtime

You left out some pretty big details.
  1. Starting pay $62,700.00 per year, increased pay for Iowa Certified officers up to $83,000 per year
  2. $5,000 signing bonus for certified officers.
  3. Relocation package if reside outside the 30 mile limit. Up to $9,000 for certified officers and $5,000 for all others.
  4. $2000.00 annual stipend for Officers who chose to live and own a home in Mason City.
  5. For certified officers pay off employment agreement from current employer
  6. College credit pay up 60 hours $720.00 per year
  7. Competitive vacation and sick leave. Additional vacation for Iowa Certified Officers.
  8. Health, dental, life and long term disability insurance for employees and dependents.
  9. MFPRSI pension benefits and 457b deferred compensation plan.
  10. Uniform allowance
  11. Continuous high quality training
  12. Compensatory time off accrual
  13. Advancement Opportunities
  14. COMMUNITY SUPPORT!
https://www.masoncity.net/pview.aspx?id=18045&catid=477

• Wow
Reactions: Pinehawk
Mason City is right now offering 83,000 wage, plus 9,000 moving costs plus 2500 if you live in city limits. Tell me how many people get that?

Doesn't include overtime
One would think that for $90k+ annually, getting a highly qualified applicant is certainly a reasonable expectation for a city resident.
Isn’t $90k a lot of recompense, even in today’s Iowa?

You left out some pretty big details.
  1. Starting pay $62,700.00 per year, increased pay for Iowa Certified officers up to $83,000 per year
  2. $5,000 signing bonus for certified officers.
  3. Relocation package if reside outside the 30 mile limit. Up to $9,000 for certified officers and $5,000 for all others.
  4. $2000.00 annual stipend for Officers who chose to live and own a home in Mason City.
  5. For certified officers pay off employment agreement from current employer
  6. College credit pay up 60 hours $720.00 per year
  7. Competitive vacation and sick leave. Additional vacation for Iowa Certified Officers.
  8. Health, dental, life and long term disability insurance for employees and dependents.
  9. MFPRSI pension benefits and 457b deferred compensation plan.
  10. Uniform allowance
  11. Continuous high quality training
  12. Compensatory time off accrual
  13. Advancement Opportunities
  14. COMMUNITY SUPPORT!
https://www.masoncity.net/pview.aspx?id=18045&catid=477

So a h.s grad or GED gets that after a short term at accademy and some p.t. work. Yep, they worked harder to get that money than the teachers.

So a h.s grad or GED gets that after a short term at accademy and some p.t. work. Yep, they worked harder to get that money than the teachers.

Jimmy,

You're making that career look so lucrative. Why are very few people applying to these places?

If I was younger, I would in a heartbeat for those benefits, pay, unlimited overtime, being able to retire by the age of 55. Hell yeah.

Then why aren't young people applying? Article after article highlighting police vacancies across the country.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT