ADVERTISEMENT

Costello

Is anyone else really impressed by him. Big and strong and aggressive. I see a lot of potential.
Not really. I don't see why everyone is doing cartwheels over a guy who takes so long to pin high school opponents. Color me disappointed.

edit SARCASM alert. Some of you need to calibrate your meters. I don't post negative about current or prospective wrestlers.

Last edited:
Does he have any national results? I don't know much about him, but really have a hard time knowing how good someone is based on Iowa high school results alone.

Not really. I don't see why everyone is doing cartwheels over a guy who takes so long to pin high school opponents. Color me disappointed.

Don't think folks are doing cartwheels but he has been fairly dominant and is pretty aggressive and mean. Plus he moves well for a guy his size and shape. He may not end up being a starter but as we can see, it's nice to have a real depth have heavy.

Don't think folks are doing cartwheels but he has been fairly dominant and is pretty aggressive and mean. Plus he moves well for a guy his size and shape. He may not end up being a starter but as we can see, it's nice to have a real depth have heavy.

You missed some big league level sarcasm.

This kid is interesting. He's built like a fire hydrant and is almost as tall as one. I am not sure he's 5'8" which might mean he has a low ceiling. Doesn't look like much but has some real talent and that "farm strength" where he doesn't look strong yet he's a bull. Plus I appreciate that he's maybe 18 but has the body hair of a 40 year old. I echo your last sentence.

Read the thread where Jay on HR has a fit over Todd giving a positive blog about Myles Wilson.

Marcus Coleman from Ames is the kid who has impressed me the most so far at the state tourney.
Anybody know what his college plans are??

The answer is in your question...although that could change.

Costello, if you didn't notice, is stupid strong. Good hips. He's rough but he has some potential.

Gimli. Barrel chested warrior.
images

Reactions: CumberlandHawk
Watching Costello pin his way through the state tournament this weekend impressed me a ton. I know Iowa's 3A heavyweight weight class may not be the toughest, but Costello's domination Wed- Sat and showed a lot of bright spots in his future. He looked a lot stronger then all of his opponents, and is very agile for his size. His bottom technique has also majorly improved since last season, and is a pinning machine on top. As well as dominating 3A this year, he has also beaten the 1A and 2A state champs. Costello has a small national wrestling sample size, but I believe he has a ton of potential and can possibly become a very solid Hawkeye heavyweight

I totally agree. This incoming class is already projected to be pretty darn good, and if Costello and some others can improve on some little things and develop right then this class could be considered one of the best Iowas had.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT