ADVERTISEMENT

COVID-19 Thread

Not to keep interjecting, but I am in week 8 (1st symptom appeared on June 29th). Thought I was home free two days ago, but had symptoms re-appear yesterday. Regardless of your political affiliation this virus is a real thing that is dangerous to lives and the economy. Even a mild case will make it difficult or impossible to work or attend school on certain days. The scariest thing is the unknown - will there be long-term repercussions. Please take this seriously.
Thought you said you were coaching wrestling and working with the 160 and HWT for year end tournaments while having this. Was your year end tourny in June or July?

Seriously? Or just being silly?

I guess you are trying to be dismissive with an old phrase that doesn't really fit the situation. What is the cure that is worse than the disease?

The article you posted talks about people feeling stress from the pandemic and feeling suicidal. Are you putting them down? It doesn't mention masks, hand washing, lockdowns, etc. so can't be dismissing that are you. What is your point?

There are currently 171,000 fatalities and counting at around 1,000 deaths per day for most of August. Could possibly be 230,000-250,000 by the time of the Presidential election.

35% of people recovered from the virus are not back to normal 3 weeks later. And many of them have symptoms 3 and 4 months later. Some are in rehab, there have been amputations, lung transplants.

And you think the cure, whatever that may be, is worse than the disease???? Really?
What percentage have lung transplants and amputations?

You wanted to call me a child so I assumed you must be of that generation by default, no? I suppose throwing the formal "baby" in front of it may be more fitting for you considering, though.
You are a child in enough ways that the age doesnt matter sweetie. Considering what? Are you calling me gay here?

Last edited:
Thought you said you were coaching wrestling and working with the 160 and HWT for year end tournaments while having this. Was your year end tourny in June or July?
No, I didn't say I was coaching with COVID, I referenced my coaching because Boogaloo was implying I contracted COVID because I was obese, old, and had pre-existing conditions. The coaching reference was an attempt to demonstrate that I was healthy enough - prior to contracting the virus - to wrestle on a daily basis.

I am really sorry to hear you are having trouble with continuing symptoms. Wishing you well and continuing recovery.

With your screen name and how few posts you have I think many here are not sure if you are serious or just trolling us.

I agree the virus is real and serious. People need to take precautions to stay safe and keep those around them safe.

Just saw an article today which said many have 20%-30% reduction in lung function which could impact their lives indefinitely. The article also stated that Doctors are estimating that up to 50% of patients may experience neurological problems. Not good.
Screen name was created for a message board in my home state (South Carolina) linked to this one in 2012. Long story as to its origin, but I used it to troll some ignorant parent posters from a program whose coach I really didn't like. It was funny how it drove him and his acolytes nuts trying to determine my identity.

I don't post often as I am not from Iowa and use the board to gain info on my favorite college program. I have been an Iowa Wrestling fan since I learned that there was college wrestling back in the early '80's - even while attending Clemson. They still had a program while I was there. You may be happy to know that I often use info or links from this board to troll on Facebook another SC coach who is a graduate of Penn State.

Long term effects like diminished lung capacity or other organ problems is my biggest concern; and that is why people should not take this lightly even with the argument that most cases are mild. We have had over 100 years to study influenza; it will be many years before we know the full effect of COVID.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kwoodhawk
My symptoms started May 21, tested positive May 23, had body aches, very low grade fever, very lethargic, and loss sense of taste and smell. Symptoms went away around May 31 and I’ve felt fine since. I’m 46, overweight and have high blood pressure. My perception is based on my reality and not what CNN tells me. Wife also had it and same result, no lingering symptoms. None of our 3 kids age 16, 12, and 7 ever had symptoms.
Glad you and your family are alright. I think your case and mine should demonstrate to Boogaloo, and any other COVID hoaxers/doubters/anti-maskers, that while weight, age, and pre-existing conditions do play a part with this virus, severity of symptoms can range in degree from person-to-person. I have heard, but have not seen it scientifically proven, that people can get slightly different strengths of COVID. Not something we should be playing around with whether you support Trump or not.

Bottom line, I believe, is that the Trump administration will be judged by history as having botched the response to this crisis. Hopefully the negative affects of this pandemic will only be a blip on our nation's historical timeline.

You are a child in enough ways that the age doesnt matter sweetie. Considering what? Are you calling me gay here?

Are you trying to come on to me? Calling me sweetie multiple times and now asking if I want you to be gay out of left field? Weird way to come on to someone even by internet standards, friend. Know that I don't judge you at all if you swing that way and hope that you do find that special happiness you are looking for.

Are you trying to come on to me? Calling me sweetie multiple times and now asking if I want you to be gay out of left field? Weird way to come on to someone even by internet standards, friend. Know that I don't judge you at all if you swing that way and hope that you do find that special happiness you are looking for.
Im judging you, but know that Im not judging you haha. Maybe I was wrong but it sounded like you were insinuating something so not exactly out of left field. Who would have thought youd get so bothered by a couple words you read on a forum... sweetie.

Last edited:
No, I didn't say I was coaching with COVID, I referenced my coaching because Boogaloo was implying I contracted COVID because I was obese, old, and had pre-existing conditions. The coaching reference was an attempt to demonstrate that I was healthy enough - prior to contracting the virus - to wrestle on a daily basis.

Sorry to hear about your symptoms and hope you feel better soon.

I’ve seen quite a few stories of lingering symptoms (for 100+ days) among young people - https://www.wcnc.com/mobile/article...toms/283-2c761421-76ac-4451-ab6f-e9f9b83e544b

Edit: and it does make me feel a little better about the US seeing that people in Canada are dumb enough to go to bars without masks too

Reactions: darth vomitus
In other college news....

University Of South Carolina Considers Shutdown, North Carolina State Closes Dorms Over Coronavirus

<<
COLUMBIA — University of South Carolina President Bob Caslen has asked his staff to consider closing the state’s largest college after COVID-19 cases doubled in a day.
Caslen stressed during a town hall meeting Thursday that he is not ready to shut down the campus after starting the semester with a combination of in-person and online classes, and an USC epidemiologist said the school’s case totals were within what was forecast.
But a shock came Thursday when USC reported 191 new coronavirus cases in a single day, bringing the total to 380 during the first week of classes. Almost all of those infected are students.>>

Also, it sounds like the state of Iowa is now seeing an uptick in covid cases - especially Webster, Story, and Johnson counties.

kyle Rittenhouse getting charged as a juvi and tamir rice being shot, and people defending it? That’s about as American as it gets huh?

Completely different circumstances between the two that really make them uncomparable at all. Also where did you see that Rittenhouse is being charged as a juvenile? Every article I have read states that in wisconsin 17 year olds are tried as adults in cases like these so a source on that would be appreciated.

God Bless Kyle Rittenhouse. Hopefully all charges are dropped.

hopefully we get to a point in society where the people who look like me can do that to the people who look like you...apparently that’s what it’ll take for you and your kind (racist pieces of crap) to recognize the problem.

Reactions: el dub
Completely different circumstances between the two that really make them uncomparable at all. Also where did you see that Rittenhouse is being charged as a juvenile? Every article I have read states that in wisconsin 17 year olds are tried as adults in cases like these so a source on that would be appreciated.

Hey that’s my mistake. He is being held in Juvi. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ch...uj5ddbimcj4vikx63y4-story.html?outputType=amp

Details are important so my bad. That being said, considering how many 16 year olds who don’t look like him end up at rikers and other jails, it proves the point.

hopefully we get to a point in society where the people who look like me can do that to the people who look like you...apparently that’s what it’ll take for you and your kind (racist pieces of crap) to recognize the problem.
The ignorance and arrogance of calling someone you don't know at all a "racist pieces of crap" because they believe a person was within their Constitutional rights, intent for being there was good and 100% was defending himself is unreal. He did not attack anyone only protected himself after he was attacked.

The ignorance and arrogance of calling someone you don't know at all a "racist pieces of crap" because they believe a person was within their Constitutional rights, intent for being there was good and 100% was defending himself is unreal. He did not attack anyone only protected himself after he was attacked.

A 17 year old lifeguard across state lines carrying an assault weapon through a crowd past a posted curfew is no hero. He is nothing more than an idiot no matter what the courts decide about his trigger finger use. Nothing about his supposed intent or execution of that intent being there is rational. When cops have body armor on go home little kid.

I do not think God will bless someone who KILLED 2 people. Anyone who would call that person a hero and should be blessed under those circumstances has to be a white supremest sympathizer or just a plain racist.

Reactions: edohawk and js8793
This is a Covid-19 thread . Kindly take your wrongheaded defense of vigilante justice with an assault rifle to an off-topic thread.

Reactions: js8793
I do not think God will bless someone who KILLED 2 people. Anyone who would call that person a hero and should be blessed under those circumstances has to be a white supremest sympathizer or just a plain racist.
Your comment confuses me. Kyle is white, the people who attacked him and he had to fire upon were white?? White on white violence is racist?

Back to covid. Several midwestern states are seeing uptick in case #'s, including Iowa. Looks like Johnson and Story counties are contributing a large share.

<<Iowa’s recent outbreak, so serious that it prompted Gov. Kim Reynolds to shut down bars and nightclubs in six counties, has been most pronounced in college towns like Ames and Iowa City, which reported greater numbers of new cases per capita over the past two weeks than any other metro area in the country.>>

sFHTU6h.png

Your comment confuses me. Kyle is white, the people who attackede him and he had to fire upon were white?? White on white violence is racist?
I did not claim that he shooter was racist, but I believe he is. I only stated that someone who believes that the shooter is a hero and should be blessed by God is likely a white supremacist or racist.

• Haha
Reactions: MVPFAN
Back to covid. Several midwestern states are seeing uptick in case #'s, including Iowa. Looks like Johnson and Story counties are contributing a large share.

<<Iowa’s recent outbreak, so serious that it prompted Gov. Kim Reynolds to shut down bars and nightclubs in six counties, has been most pronounced in college towns like Ames and Iowa City, which reported greater numbers of new cases per capita over the past two weeks than any other metro area in the country.>>

sFHTU6h.png
I hope the local hospitals can handle the influx of bodies that are inevitably going to follow. It's crazy that some of you people think we should still be shut down for a virus that kills a fraction of a percent of people without co-morbidities. At first your group said we needed to shut down to prevent hospitals from being overwhelmed. Now the bar has been moved to locking down as long as there are cases popping up, regardless that most have no symptoms or serious problems. I feel sorry for many of you.

Only incredibly ignorant white people believe that. No minority says that’s true.
Awhile back you said you would never post about politics on this board, and you would leave the board if you broke your word. You have broken your word too many times to count, and not just over the covid stuff. You have done it multiple times before this thread. Good job upholding the New Jersey stereotype.

I hope the local hospitals can handle the influx of bodies that are inevitably going to follow. It's crazy that some of you people think we should still be shut down for a virus that kills a fraction of a percent of people without co-morbidities. At first your group said we needed to shut down to prevent hospitals from being overwhelmed. Now the bar has been moved to locking down as long as there are cases popping up, regardless that most have no symptoms or serious problems. I feel sorry for many of you.
1. The majority of our country has Covid co-morbidities.
2. Cases are a leading indicator. Where cases have risen, hospitalizations have followed. Deaths have followed hospitalizations. Waiting until the hospitals are overrun to shut things down is too late.

1. The majority of our country has Covid co-morbidities.
2. Cases are a leading indicator. Where cases have risen, hospitalizations have followed. Deaths have followed hospitalizations. Waiting until the hospitals are overrun to shut things down is too late.
The goal posts have moved. Hospitals aren't going to get overrun because most positive cases don't require hospitalization. The people dying from this are primarily elderly with severe preexisting issues. To suggest lock down should continue seems ignorant.

The goal posts have moved. Hospitals aren't going to get overrun because most positive cases don't require hospitalization. The people dying from this are primarily elderly with severe preexisting issues. To suggest lock down should continue seems ignorant.
You didn’t address either of my points.

Your stance has always been to shut the country down and stay in the basement because it's better to steamroll 99% of the country to lower risk for the elderly and already ill.
well that’s just a lie. You do not know any of my stances.

My group?? You people??

I was pointing out there has been an uptick in covid cases in Iowa. Simply factual.

As far as virus related deaths, it's true that the numbers are very high for the elderly and those with underlying conditions, while for the vast majority of young, symptoms are mild.

That said, there are still many unknowns about the long term sequelae of covid, in those who don't die from it. There have been documented cases of heart damage, lung damage, neurological symptoms and blood clotting occuring. These aren't limited to old folks. How common these are will be better known in the future. But some have occurred in young healthy patients. One recent noteworthy case - a 27 y.o. Boston Red Sox pitcher is out for the season, having developed myocarditis about a month after recovering from covid.

Reactions: el dub
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT